Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modified a second Snake Eyes...

Snake04.jpg

Snake03.jpg

With my Bradstreet Snake Eyes...

Snake05.jpg

Snake01.jpg

Snake02.jpg

Crappy pics but just thought I'd share!

Finally had a chance this weekend to port Snakes over to a True Type Advance I picked up a few weeks ago. Maybe I was too used to Snakes on the Prometheus body, but I initially wasn’t impressed. I felt the proportions were slightly off; compared to the biceps on the TTA body, it seems like the upper torso / pectoral area seems a little too small. Additionally (perhaps because the TTA hasn’t been broken in yet), it seems like the Prometheus body has more articulation.

However, the body swap has grown on me. My only gripes: when the elbow is bent, the arm does not look realistic. Additionally, Snakes is now bigger than Duke, Flint and Beachhead. Because the TTA body had bare feet, Snake Eyes boots add to his height.

My question: are the ankle pegs for the TTA bare feet compatible with Snake Eyes stock boots, or do I need to get a different pair? Right now the boot pegs fit into the shin, but it’s not snug.

Some pics (sorry, not the best quality) of Snake Eyes with full commando load out.

Silenced G36 with fore grip and entry light with three mags total. Silenced Uzi with five mags total. Silenced MK23 with laser sight with three mags total. Three frag grenades, two flashbang / stun grenades and two smoke grenades, plus assorted weapons.

292sc4j.jpg

2q0n8l4.jpg

Don’t like the “spaghetti arm” look when the elbow is bent.

1z3v1op.jpg

Comparison picture of Snake Eyes next to Flint (Actually, they're not next to each other. Snakes is standing slightly behind Flint, but is still taller with the TTA).

28m3imd.jpg

Last edited:
Apologize for quoting old posts, but the shoulder straps were discussed a few pages back. I think the shoulder straps look great as wellm and I'd like to add them to my Snake Eyes. Looking over my John Connor figures, I think that's the he closest thing I can find to them.

Hiho!!! just some simple additional stuff to improve my Snake's overall look.
I added pads for Snake's strap harness.
At first it was just for fun, but then I thought 'hey this is not too bad' so...

SnakeEyesT8.jpg

SnakeEyesT2.jpg

SnakeEyesT4.jpg

SnakeEyesT3.jpg

Hope you guys like it :) CHEERS!!!

If you boil the SE boots and take out the Sideshow pegs the HT pegs can pop into them.

Yeah, I read that in this thread way back. Are the ankle pegs for the TTA bare feet the same type of pegs that fit in boots?

:lecture:lecture:lecture It'll also lower his height by almost a 1/2" too.

Really? No other damage otherwise?

I appreciate the advice from the vets.

Yeah, I read that in this thread way back. Are the ankle pegs for the TTA bare feet the same type of pegs that fit in boots?

Except for the bigger figures, like Preds, HT's barbell pegs should be identical. There're only two exceptions. HT's Chris came with a set that had no distance between the balls :)naughty) and HT's T2 had a longer shaft between the balls :)naughty).

Final question: is boiling the boots teh only way to go, or will the hairdryer trick work?

Depends on how much you value your time. Nuking a teacup in the microwave for a minute and dipping for 30 second seems a lot more practical than standing there holding that ____ for 10 minutes, cooking your fingers while waiting for it to heat up enough to make the inside of the boot pliable enough to get the peg out.

Ditch the hard boots, leave the TTA feet on and slap on a pair of soft boots. It looks better and you get better articulation for posing.

Ditch the hard boots, leave the TTA feet on and slap on a pair of soft boots. It looks better and you get better articulation for posing.

:dunno I didn't have any problems with the Sideshow ones. Especially since SE comes with bent-toe boots also. Plus, I'd rather save the $20 for customs.

You do get better articulation, but I dont know if they look better. They look funny when you pose a figure with the ankles bent, due to the gap between the ankle and the foot.

You do get better articulation, but I dont know if they look better. They look funny when you pose a figure with the ankles bent, due to the gap between the ankle and the foot.

I never noticed that issue, it might depend on the boots, but you can stuff some ripped up cotton balls in them to fill it out if it bugs you that much.

hi everyone. i was putting a TTA body on snake eyes and his visor came off the glue. i was wondering if you can take the glue off and move his visor a little higher.

Back