Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kewl, but cutting through a AK?

why not?
1) they're fantasy characters to begin with
2) like someone else said, stamped steel VS older sword
3) REAL swords can cut crappy metal.

Bear in mind that 90% of modern day swords are garbage that would break under any kind of prolonged use.machine made on a press. Traditional swords were much stronger than the crap we buy today from united cutlery, knoble collection, sideshow, etc.

Look into circa 16th century Spanish swords, traditional Japanese sword-making, or Damascus.

Folded metal is/was not as uncommon as people seem to think.

All metal weapons are not created equally.

My only issue with it is that a real sword master wouldn't f--- up his sword by slicing through metal. I guess you would if desperate.

But Steve's figures have some great poses in his shots!

why not?
1) they're fantasy characters to begin with
2) like someone else said, stamped steel VS older sword
3) REAL swords can cut crappy metal.

Bear in mind that 90% of modern day swords are garbage that would break under any kind of prolonged use.machine made on a press. Traditional swords were much stronger than the crap we buy today from united cutlery, knoble collection, sideshow, etc.

Look into circa 16th century Spanish swords, traditional Japanese sword-making, or Damascus.

Folded metal is/was not as uncommon as people seem to think.

All metal weapons are not created equally.

Cool display! Franchises all have the "one" sword--He-man's Power Sword, Lion-O's Sword of Omens, Conan's Riddle of Steel. And remember that Star Wars has made billions on swords made of light. :lol

I think it's great that we're debating a sword vs an AK in a world that has Cobra La and an enemy that runs around in blue uniforms trying to be tactical...awesome.

Here's a Snake Eyes dio idea I'm working on which will be book-ends. I'm still waiting on my Beachhead figure to add the mix. The plan is that Snake Eyes stabs one Cobra Officer while kicking a Cobra Troop through a wall (1st book-end). On the other side of the wall Cobra Troop comes crashing through, Beachhead will be on a knee preforming a transitioning fire from his primary to his secondary (2nd book-end). I'm still not sure what kind of environmental setting I want to put them in. Any thoughts on where they should be?

be2.jpg

be1.jpg

be5.jpg

be4.jpg

be3.jpg

Great photos, and I like it. However, my one issue / suggestion (and yes, I am aware of the ridiculousness of discussing "realism" when it come to a comicbook / cartoon property): Snake Eyes' falchion seems to have sliced though the Officer's AK, yet it is impaled in the Officer's chest. Two different attacks. The slicing of the AK would have been caused by a slashing type of attack, while the impalement a stabbing atttack. Not sure if you've ever seen the movie Rob Roy, but there's a scene at the end where Liam Neeson's Rob Roy slashes straight through Tim Roth's Archibald Cunningham with an overhand slash. Pretty gory, and perhaps difficult to replicate.

Again, great pics though.

Great photos, and I like it. However, my one issue / suggestion (and yes, I am aware of the ridiculousness of discussing "realism" when it come to a comicbook / cartoon property): Snake Eyes' falchion seems to have sliced though the Officer's AK, yet it is impaled in the Officer's chest. Two different attacks. The slicing of the AK would have been caused by a slashing type of attack, while the impalement a stabbing atttack. Not sure if you've ever seen the movie Rob Roy, but there's a scene at the end where Liam Neeson's Rob Roy slashes straight through Tim Roth's Archibald Cunningham with an overhand slash. Pretty gory, and perhaps difficult to replicate.

Again, great pics though.

What if the officer pulled up with his AK to block the stab? :dunno

What if the officer pulled up with his AK to block the stab? :dunno

Thought about that as well. Monday's at work...:lol

By no means am I a sword master, but looking at the tip of the falchion to the widest point of its blade, the AK's barrel / midpoint (don't know what the technical term is, Nam and the other more knowledgeable gun enthusiast could help me out) is wider than the falchion and a clean cut could not be made (unless Snake Eyes made an up and down sawing motion at the time of the stab).

In the tradition of the No-Prize explanations I used to read in Postbox: The Pit from the old Joe comics, here's my explanation:

As Nam stated, the Officer raised his AK to block Snake Eyes downward slash. Having cut the AK in half, Snake Eyes stopped short on his downward slash, reversed momentum, and stabbed the Officer. Ninja skills at their finest.

:wink1:

We're grown men posting on an action figure / statue / collectible forum. Not worried about the coolness / awkwardness of it all. :dunno

Thought about that as well. Monday's at work...:lol

By no means am I a sword master, but looking at the tip of the falchion to the widest point of its blade, the AK's barrel / midpoint (don't know what the technical term is, Nam and the other more knowledgeable gun enthusiast could help me out) is wider than the falchion and a clean cut could not be made (unless Snake Eyes made an up and down sawing motion at the time of the stab).

In the tradition of the No-Prize explanations I used to read in Postbox: The Pit from the old Joe comics, here's my explanation:

As Nam stated, the Officer raised his AK to block Snake Eyes downward slash. Having cut the AK in half, Snake Eyes stopped short on his downward slash, reversed momentum, and stabbed the Officer. Ninja skills at their finest.

:wink1:

Sharpest part of a sword is usually the curve at the tip, so you didn't even need to think that hard. :wink1:

This discussion makes star wars nerds talking about light sabers look cool :duh

And you're here, part of it. :lol

I do see what your saying but the way I have it planned out is that Snake Eyes will be stabbing through the AK and into the trooper's chest (one motion), I know from the look of it the angle of the cuts are off but this is just the planning phase. I still need to build and set them on the dio so things will change a bit. It's based on comic/cartoons so I jst trying to get the most dynamic forms and subject matter I can. Thanks for looking and the comments.

Just a suggestion. I really like it and think it looks great.

How did you simulate the falchion being impaled in the officer? Is the tip of the blade actually in there, or did you cut the tip off :google?

Just a suggestion. I really like it and think it looks great.

How did you simulate the falchion being impaled in the officer? Is the tip of the blade actually in there, or did you cut the tip off :google?

It's a good suggestion and I thought about doing that. I drilled a hole through the chest then dremeled it up a bit. I have it so the sword tip will poke out the Officers back.

Hey K.D., wasn't you the one who said that "I like playing with my Joe's?" :wink1:

Yup, that was me :rock

However, while playing with my Joes, I don't analyze the possiblity of my toy Snake Eyes sword cutting my toy AK 47 in half. I just happily play with my toys. :)

Back