Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi everyone. i was putting a TTA body on snake eyes and his visor came off the glue. i was wondering if you can take the glue off and move his visor a little higher.

Yup. Assuming you can move the fabric mask up or still keep it covered. Personally, I'd pick up a trooper, black Firefly or sniper headsclupt and use that instead. Makes him match better with the rest of the line, all who have sculpted masks.

The glue is pretty pretty thinly applied and removing the mask is easy to do with no damage to the fabric. Or at least it was on mine.

it came off pretty easy. my problem is the glue residue. i used elmer's tac and stik to keep it from sliding down. its not really noticable but if i could clean it off i would.

I haven't been on this thread since the figure was released. I still have mine in the closet since I have lack of room for display. But I wanted ask if what are the list of mods that is a must for this figure? Or should I just leave it alone and display right out of the box. Much appreciated!!

I haven't been on this thread since the figure was released. I still have mine in the closet since I have lack of room for display. But I wanted ask if what are the list of mods that is a must for this figure? Or should I just leave it alone and display right out of the box. Much appreciated!!

Buy a TrueType Advanced and port him over to it. You'll need to do the following:

Stick a tea cup in the microwave for about a minute. Submerge the SE boots in for about 20 seconds and pop out the Sideshow pegs. Then while they're still pliable, sink one end of the HT barbell into the socket. They'll be identical to HT boots and will pop right on the end of the TT legs. For the hands, look at the wrist peg. Where the split begins, count two ribs up and snip at the top of the second split rib. Then they'll fit just fine into the forearms.

1227735945161-744402193.jpg

If you want to take it to the next level, pick up one of the black balaclava sculpts from the Trooper, Sniper or Firefly and glue the visor on that so SE matches the rest of the figures in the line. I don't have pics of mine, but maybe Mark Dorkness will pop in with a repost of his.

Nam, would you recommend shortening the Sideshow pegs over using the Hot Toys pegs? I just used the Hot Toys pegs I got with my TTA, and Snake Eyes' wrists are very loose...almost 360 degrees loose. I'd rather not cut up pegs unless I have to, but if you find that they work better that way, I'll try that.

Yeah, I'm doing that now, but the wrists are really loose. Was wondering if the shortened Sideshow pegs were any better.

Yeah, I'm doing that now, but the wrists are really loose. Was wondering if the shortened Sideshow pegs were any better.

You definitely want to cut down some Sideshow pegs, much tighter fit then using True Type pegs in a Sideshow hand.

If you're worried about screwing up some sideshow pegs, just buy some spare Sideshow hands parted out on TA or Monkey Depot and remove and use those.

Yeah, that's why I don't like popping the SSC hands onto the HT pegs. They wind up a bit wobbly and the figure turns into a leper with his hands falling off every time you try to get a decent pose. :lol

The SSC pegs are better, and make the wrists look less effeminate. Maybe see if you can find an extra pair at TA or somewhere to cut up if you're having an issue snipping the ones that came with him. If you want black, both SS and CC came with black pegs. Flesh-toned ones work too given he's an All American boy underneath all that ninja/commando get-up.

Here's a Snake Eyes dio idea I'm working on which will be book-ends. I'm still waiting on my Beachhead figure to add the mix. The plan is that Snake Eyes stabs one Cobra Officer while kicking a Cobra Troop through a wall (1st book-end). On the other side of the wall Cobra Troop comes crashing through, Beachhead will be on a knee preforming a transitioning fire from his primary to his secondary (2nd book-end). I'm still not sure what kind of environmental setting I want to put them in. Any thoughts on where they should be?

be2.jpg

be1.jpg

be5.jpg

be4.jpg

be3.jpg

Back