Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

For some reason, this is my favorite shot so far. I don't like the Prometheus, but I'm pretty sure Josh didn't switch the body.

Thanks! I'm fairly happy with my SE shots. You're correct though I did not switch anything out.

I am new to the 1/6 figures so I am not familiar with many of the different bodies available. I picked up 2 of these Hot Toys Muscular bodies with hands, feet and head for $65 each shipped. They are not readily available from what I have seen and I do not know if I got a good price or not. The thing that bothers me about SS Snake Eyes was the thin uper body. The Snake Eyes I remember was very muscular so I thought this body would help with that. I usually do just find a pose I like and the figure stays posed on the shelf like that so a lot of articulation is not absolutely necessary for me.

Also the legs do not have the rubber muscles on them so they are very articulated.

So I was out, then I was back in via waitlist, then I was out again.. now Im back and staying. My SE waitlist v.2 converted tonight and will be an order as of Friday.

here are updated pics after I did the leg mod using the lower leg of the original sideshow body. It makes for a tall figure so I may end up going back to the hot toys legs and getting some boots.

Last edited:

here are updated pics after I did the leg mod using the lower leg of the original sideshow body. It makes for a tall figure so I may end up going back to the hot toys legs and getting some boots.

Or just heat up the SS ones, pull out the pegs and replace them with HT's foot pegs. They work perfectly fine.

just a couple of posed photos as I have been playing around with this body.

Just got my SE at Newbury Comics for under $100!
Snake-Eyes.jpg

I'm so psyched.:blissy
I wasn't going to get him but for under $100 how could I pass up?:joy
:chew
I'll post better pics when I get the chance!

I got around to moding the sideshow hands so they fit the HT body so Snake Eyes can have his uzi. The more I look at it the more I like the head on this body. It is taller than the original SH body but the head seems to be more in scale with the HT muscular body. He certainly looks more intimidating and bad ass than on the original body.

Here's some pics of mine on a HT TrueType; very happy with it!
(Please excuse the poor quality of the iphone images)

After.jpg

PCS001.jpg

SNAKES002.jpg

How did you guys pop the visor off? I'm scared to tear or stretch his mask. The two sides came off without ease but I can't tell how it's attached in the front and don't want to push it!

How did you guys pop the visor off? I'm scared to tear or stretch his mask. The two sides came off without ease but I can't tell how it's attached in the front and don't want to push it!

It's glued on to his nose. You may end up tearing the fabric a little, but just be careful and you can pull the material and reglue it a little higher if needed. Both of my Snake Eyes heads did that - I wanted a visor and a goggled version :D

Hello. First time poster. Nice to meet you. :)

I'm trying to mod my Snake onto a Saturday Toys body.

How do you go about removing the Prometheus neck? I've removed Snake's head, unscrewed the two back screws - but then I don't know how to proceed.

It seems like the side seams are glued together... did you just pry/snap it apart?? I'm a bit nervous about breaking it.

Any tips (I'm a newb)?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Back