Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

Here you go Pix, side by side comparison. I think the Pro is slightly taller than the short Buck ,not by much though, I think Maul is slightly shorter than Luke. ( I took Luke home to modify him so I could not take a pic next to him).

img2308f.jpg

img2310.jpg

Hey, are the joints still tight after the weekend:cool:

Mine should be arriving at work today! I can't wait!

Hey, are the joints still tight after the weekend:cool:

Its still tight, but still not as tight as I would like it be. The only reason I say this, is because I just got a SS harbinger pro body that Im going to use to replace the Buck body on Maul, and after comparing the 2, the harbinger one is still alot tighter than SE, well as far as the legs go.

Thanks for the pics 1,000Masks. I agree EvilFace. The height is a good one for SE.

The True-type showed in the monkey depot tutorial is diferent than True-Types sold separately (caucasian,asia, caucasian special edition).Because these TT have biger and bulky chest part.

I did the swap using my TT Caucasian edition and my Snake Eyes looks much better and tight than showed in their pics besides the wear and gear are tighter even more than with the pro body.

The prometheus body is ok If the joints are fine,then the swap is,nt necessary at all..but personally I like much more my Snake Eyes now with the true-type overal appearance than with the pro body.

Do you know that for a fact? It looked like a Caucasian TT to me. Except for color and extremely minor design variations of the chest (overall chest size is still relatively the same), every TrueType is identical. But that's all irrelevant as it wasn't the chest area that most of us didn't like. It was the way the shirt looked over the shrugging shoulders and skinnier, arms and the huge gap in between. That, the longer forearms and the overall lankiness. These issues would be inevitable on any TrueType, and are what made Snake Eyes look even worse than he did on the Pro:

2610k.jpg

Some people will still prefer it over the Pro, just as people prefer Medicom over Sideshow, so to each their own I guess. :huh

Last edited:

I think the Battle Damaged T800 has a larger chest than the carded TT.

Personally I prefer the broader shoulders, thicker arms and wider torso of the True Type body that's why I will do the body swap, I will include a pair of boots working laces.

snake_eyes_19.jpg
2610k.jpg

Can't wait to receive Snake Eyes do the body swap and post some pics. :gun:gun

Last edited:

Personally I prefer the broader shoulders, thicker arms and wider torso of the True Type body that's why I will do the body swap, I will include a pair of boots working laces.

snake_eyes_19.jpg
2610k.jpg

Can't wait to receive Snake Eyes do the body swap and post some pics. :gun:gun

Yeah the broad shoulders & the arms on the True type look far better than Sideshow's prometheus. I will have to do the body swap as well,as the I wouldn't be able to live with my Snake Eye's shoulders & arms looking that pathetic! :lol

I don't think so? Better than those gay ass shoulder's the Pro's sporting.

Actually the pro is not bad at all. You can always pad the body. Im planning to pad the arms a little. Besides, why blow extra money for a body, that had shrugged shoulders and that will be taller. Then you would have to then change every G.i. Joe figure to a TT to keep height consistency.

Actually the pro is not bad at all. You can always pad the body. Im planning to pad the arms a little. Besides, why blow extra money for a body, that had shrugged shoulders and that will be taller. Then you would have to then change every G.i. Joe figure to a TT to keep height consistency.

Actually, the height isn't very diferent:

2610a.jpg

Yeah the broad shoulders & the arms on the True type look far better than Sideshow's prometheus. I will have to do the body swap as well,as the I wouldn't be able to live with my Snake Eye's shoulders & arms looking that pathetic! :lol

You do realize the bottom pic in your quote is Snake Eyes on the TrueType, don't you?

Actually, the height isn't very diferent:

2610a.jpg

Isnt the TT as tall as a normal Buck? If so then if you compare Han Solo (normal Buck) to SE you can tell there is a big height difference. Besides look at the lenght of the arms on the TT compare to the Pro, they would look like monkey arms.

Back