Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

moar-cat.jpg

Hey there, I'm getting mine monday, I'm curious could you explain in detail the tightness in the body that you experienced differently between now and yesterday, please tell me the hip joints tighted up more.

Also, how tricky or how much time does it take to get all the gear on him, is it difficult?:confused: darklord dave said its complicated, what are your thoughts

The hips on mine were really loose yesterday. If I swang him his legs would move independently from the hips with very little force on the swing. Today I tried to demostrate a co-worker how loose it was, but when I did it, to my surprise the legs were stiff and when I swang him, his legs moved with the hips. I even noticed that his hips, though still a little loose, were also a little tighter.

The only thing that is hard to put on him are the extra magazines. The holders are very tight and if you put too much pressure, you will rip the material, unfortunately I tore 2 of the six. The other thing is that the magazine that comes in the uzi, falls off very easily. The magazine is too thin, the same with the boot knife. I put tape to make it thicker so it wouldnt fall off.

Nice pics OTM! SS did this one up right. What a great start to the line. :rock

I think so. At fist I was kinda dissapointed with him. Once I started futzing with him, I really like how he turned out. Its one of those figure you have to have in hand to appreciate.

I think so. At fist I was kinda dissapointed with him. Once I started futzing with him, I really like how he turned out. Its one of those figure you have to have in hand to appreciate.

Thanks man, I'll keep those hints in mind, please post some more articulated poses asap:D one more day to go, hope he's worth it:banghead

I keep hoping that something will pull me in the other direction, but based on the extra pics here, I'm becoming less and less interested in Snake. Despite the rave reviews from some of those who have had him in hand, he just looks. . .off somehow, and I'm not willing to spend $120 for him as he is, plus an extra $30-40 for a body to make him look better. If he were $80, I could probably justify it.

I think we're all in agreement that the Joes are a bit overpriced.

IMO, they just need to fill out the arms a bit more. Snake Eyes dosen't have the effect of muscle mass in his biceps.

I think we're all in agreement that the Joes are a bit overpriced.

IMO, they just need to fill out the arms a bit more. Snake Eyes dosen't have the effect of muscle mass in his biceps.

WAAAAY overpriced.

$119.99 Snakes
+ $10.95 shipping
+ $34.99 Truetype Body Replacement from Monkeydepot
+ $8.95 shipping
--------------------------------------------
$174.88 :horror

...waiting impatiently. I wanna see him with the rest of the team! :naughty

WAAAAY overpriced.

$119.99 Snakes
+ $10.95 shipping
+ $34.99 Truetype Body Replacement from Monkeydepot
+ $8.95 shipping
--------------------------------------------
$174.88 :horror

need for a TT body is subjective though.

So far based on my Indy figure I'm not a fan of the Pro but from the pics Snakes looks pretty good. As long as the joints aren't loose I don't think a body swap is needed either.

:lecture :lecture :lecture As Monkey Depot's pics showed, he looks even worse on the TrueType. So if I were you, I'd save my money and pass on the TT.

The True-type showed in the monkey depot tutorial is diferent than True-Types sold separately (caucasian,asia, caucasian special edition).Because these TT have biger and bulky chest part.

I did the swap using my TT Caucasian edition and my Snake Eyes looks much better and tight than showed in their pics besides the wear and gear are tighter even more than with the pro body.

The prometheus body is ok If the joints are fine,then the swap is,nt necessary at all..but personally I like much more my Snake Eyes now with the true-type overal appearance than with the pro body.

Last edited:

Here you go Pix, side by side comparison. I think the Pro is slightly taller than the short Buck ,not by much though, I think Maul is slightly shorter than Luke. ( I took Luke home to modify him so I could not take a pic next to him).

img2308f.jpg

img2310.jpg

Back