Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

Overall I really like it. The body is pretty tight...the only spot of looseness is on the ankles but only slightly.

Note, the shoulders can be pulled back and it makes the figure look much better. I can't wait for his buddys to arrive.

SnakeEyes044.jpg

SnakeEyes045.jpg

SnakeEyes046.jpg

SnakeEyes047.jpg

SnakeEyes048.jpg

SnakeEyes049.jpg

SnakeEyes050.jpg

:lol

Yeah, that is the pose I decided on...time to get him on the shelves.

I'm betting that "shoulders back" pose The Mike has him in is the same shoulder position Sideshow used for the Proto pics. ;)

The TT has proportionally longer arms because it's proportionally taller than the Pro.

Got it? Is it so hard to understand?

Well, not really, the length of the forearms are disproportionate to a human, so I'd agree with calling them: :monkey5 arms. :lol If you bend the arm up at the elbow, the wrist is actually about 1/4in higher than the shoulder when it should actually be level. When you put the peg in which represents the actual wrist, it's even more apparent. Add to that Snake Eyes' wrist bands and it's time to gear up for some custom drag marks on the knuckles. :p

Last edited:

Thanks for all the great photos "Mike!" Now I just have the long wait until morning when, barring any disasters, FedEx will arrive with my SE from Monkey Depot. Maybe I will even be the first to have the non exclusive in hand, since MD started shipping today, and I get him in one day!

Cannot wait, still...

Edit: And I will definately be posing him in that threatening pose, arms back. Thanks for the ideas!

First thing i'm gonna try to do is emulate the proto pose as best as i can. webgear off, just to see how that pose was done. odds are, people are correct, it's shoulders back to achieve it.

Great pics Mike! Mine was scheduled for today, but I forgot to ask UPS to hold it for me at their office (requires signature) so I might not be able to get him until tomorrow :monkey2

Thanks for the compliments!

A couple of things to be warned of, the pouches are very fragile, they are nylon materal and so when you slide the additional clips into them the ends can snag and rip it, I did this on two pouches before getting it to slide in carefully, I used the end of a small paintbrush to expand the slot before putting in the clips but one of them has a pretty bad tear that isn't visible when displayed. All of the gear needs to be tightened and it slides upwards and downwards to get right with clips to lock it into place so that was a trying time. It took me about a half an hour to get them all where I wanted them and a couple I couldn't tighten.

Just received my regular from Monkey Depot, and have plenty of time to get him geared up and posed. Thanks alot for the tips on not ripping the pouches. I appreciate that, and will use the "paint brush" technique on them. Like I said, i have plenty of time for this figure today, so I won't rush anything on getting him set up great looking!

Off to play! :D

Great pics Mike! Mine was scheduled for today, but I forgot to ask UPS to hold it for me at their office (requires signature) so I might not be able to get him until tomorrow :monkey2

are you getting the exclusive from SS? i'm just wondering because I have asked Sideshow if they would let me use the UPS hub at the destination addy so I could go right there and pick it up but they said no because the item is over $100 and they require a signature. that was for a different item but I am expecting the exclusive to be delivered sometime today:banana

Damn! Mike's shots really make this figure look badass! I got my processing notice finally, can't wait!!!

Got mine in, excellent figure imo. Body is tight, accessories are awesome and overall a very solid figure. I think there is to much stuff for him. I stripped him down and am probably gonna display his very accessory light. Just to much stuff and he looks bulk and unstealthy. I think he should be more stream line for ass kicking. Borrowed my sisters camera and snapped a few really quick pix outside.

DSC04685.jpg

DSC04680.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

More pics to come :rock

I agree! It almost looks like a regular guy in a Snakes Eyes outfit.

Back