Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Uzi and satchel should come as a regular. Maybe a grapple hook and rope as an Ex. Pictures SE posed repelling of your shelf.

this....is what I've been waiting for. Classic Snake eyes. Well done sideshow, now release it with a body that doesn't crumble to pieces.

body isn't the problem anymore....it's the ratchet knees....they blow

Are they still using that body type? That's what killed the Beachhead figure for me.. as well as two missing backpack clips. I hope the body will be similar to that used for Firefly, who was poser-friendly.

Hey! Stop dogging on the ratchet joints! Those things are great!

(Why am I the only one I ever see posting that?:))

Lots of posts snce I was last on, so I apologize for playing catch-up....

I got to work on this project, painted the heads, gloves, boots, and weapons (except sword).

I didn't paint Timber, but I know he is posable this time.

It [the Uzi] was among the parts I painted.

Thanks for that tidbit. I'm curious about the Uzi. If it is a re-use of the the Uzi that came with the original release, isn't it molded from black plastic? Does it need to be painted?

Or can you confirm it is a new Uzi, closer to the original Uzi with the collapsable stock?

From Sideshow's facebook

This new Snakes Eyes figure will have new muscular arms, two portraits (visor and googles), new sweater and pants, more guns, new sword as well as Timber as a companion piece, which will have two portraits, 15+ points of articulation

Awesome to know. To quote myself:

I was thinking that this version is obviously bulkier than the first, and I thought it was due mostly the commando sweater coupled with a Pro 1.2 (the original was on the 1.1, no?). I have my V. 1 Snakes on a TTA, but part of me would like to port him back to some version of the Pro for some more poseability. Maybe Sideshow surprises us with a new Pro, a link between the 1.2 and the new bulkier they've been working on.

I may be tempted to buy a parted out Commando Snake Eyes body and re-port the Ninja Snakes onto it. I like how he current looks on the TTA, but as I previously stated, do not like the lack of posability.

They should drop the sword period. He didn't have it when he was commando SE.

I can understand the reasoning if you're basing it on the original figure. But Snake Eyes did receive his ninja training before he joined the Joe team. After returning from 'Nam, Snake Eyes traveled to Japan after the death of his family to train with the Arishikage clan. So while the Commando version of the figure did not come with a sword, it is conceivable (given that he had his ninja training by then) that he did carry / use a katana in "off the panel" missions. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Can get an old -school Marvel No prize?

SnakeEyesHealed.gif

I'm hoping it'll be a classic 80's Uzi like the one that came with the 1/5 scale statue.

I can dig it.

The toys were really all that mattered to me, I liked the comics and TV show but they have little to do with my nostalgia for GI Joe.

The original Uzi with the collapsible butt stock can be found from Dragon, Hot Toys, and Phicen, one without stock can be had from 21C Toys. In fact, Monkey Depot is currently selling the Phicen one for $12 (I don't know about the quality though):
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Rifle_Phicen_Ltd_UZI_p/pcl0008-o477.htm

Just got that in last week. I don't really like the quality. No where near as nice as the Sideshow version (though the Sideshow one was an Uzi updated with a folding stock, not a collapsible one). It's the best available out there I guess, but you'd be better off getting the Hot Toys Uzi that came with the Tech Noir T-800.

Yep, and a good update to the first SE would be a MAC-10! :wink1:
I wouldn't mind a MP7 like the one that came with Cobra Commander, or a MP9, also the has yet to be made in 1/6 scale PP-2000 (even though it fits better with a Cobra trooper).I think if ya missed out on the Uzi with the first SE, you could get one form the Ninja Viper and wouldn't mind getting a MAC-10, SSC should take the opportunity to release a new weapon here.

I'd like to see all those in 1/6 scale done in Sideshow's quality, but I don't want to see them packaged with Snake Eyes just because.

I'm still up for Storm Shadow's second version, too. :huh

I second that.

Thirded.

The more I think about it, the less I think the exclusive will be a visor or a falchion sword, as some are hoping for. Sideshow is pretty good at not making the exclusive pieces stuff we've already got/seen before.

Timber doesn't count, since he wasn't really an exclusive piece (all the Waypoints had 'em) and is now articulated and included with an actual figure.

Of course, I don't think you can actually use the visored head from the first figure on anything else, can you? At least, not easily, since the fabric is attached to the bodysuit... But his V2 sword? No way.

I think it'll be something out of left field, like it almost always seems to be with these figures.

Hope so. Can't wait to see tomorrow.

Snake Eyes and Timber Sixth Scale Figure Set. I like the sound of that.

Hopefully we'll get a Tomax and Xamot Sixth Scale Figure set soon as well...

DinoDB1975 said:
Just got that in last week. I don't really like the quality. No where near as nice as the Sideshow version (though the Sideshow one was an Uzi updated with a folding stock, not a collapsible one). It's the best available out there I guess, but you'd be better off getting the Hot Toys Uzi that came with the Tech Noir T-800.
Thanks for the review, I own the Dragon version which is over scaled and the folding stock won't stay in place. I think HT is the way to go for the original, but Sideshow's version is good enough for my SE.

Wait ... two heads for this SE release?

It's actually four heads, Timber comes with his own set! :banana
I wonder if I can put one of Timbers on Snake Eyes?

Back