Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Its not Hot Toys.

If Sideshow can adapt the design of the HT Batman suit to Snake-Eyes, they could make a 1985/86 SE ninja. But I'll settle for this commando suit since it's a bad looking mofo.

Looks good so far, will be a buy for sure.

No one should listen to Buttly and his predictions, he has a long history of being terrible at price guessing.

This will be a must buy for me :D

Wow, didn't think another Snake would come out so soon, but I am probably in for one - it's been a while since I had to mark the calendar for a PPO. The eyes on Timber are a bit wonky on the prototype (pic below), hopefully they will fix that. The timber that came with the environment on mine was cross eyed.

timb.png

I did not really like the first Snake Eyes from Sideshow. Glad that I sold that figure last year. I will definitely be getting this now that I do not have any Snake Eyes in my collection. And I am extremely happy that they included Timber as well. :)

NOW we're talking, Sideshow!!! ...or...not talking. Since...since it's Snake Eyes, you know?

Ahem.

SOLD! MUST BUY. Commando Snake Eyes will always be the greatest SE to me. Glad I didn't get that environment piece for Timber.

I will save full judgement for the full reveal. But based simply on that preview, I like the first version better.

Edit - And I am not all that enthusiastic about Timber as that will be just a little resin statue anyway. It won't actually be an action figure. I am all about the articulation. I likely won't use it to display, but I'll hold on to it anyway just because I am retentive that way.

But that is not to say that I am not excited about this one. I will order every one they allow.

And I am particularly excited because this will drive down the value of the first release so replacing mine will not hurt so much.

This will be a fun project piece for me. Outside of a few glaring issues, he looks awesome and is definitely a must buy for even the casual Joe fan. The sword is dumb. Snake Eyes wasn't a ninja at this point. The 2-point attachment holster that flops around like double D's in a sports bra and takes up precious belt space is a poor choice, as are the "tek-lok" magazine uh... pouches. It's almost like some range plinking Magpull fanboy or airmchair general is tossing darts at a board to pick what "looks cool" vs. what would be practical for this guy given his MOS.

Pfft, totally. ^_^

Could it be that I might buy my first HT collectible.

:slap

If Sideshow can adapt the design of the HT Batman suit to Snake-Eyes, they could make a 1985/86 SE ninja. But I'll settle for this commando suit since it's a bad looking mofo.

What? For reals?

Looks good so far, will be a buy for sure.

No one should listen to Buttly and his predictions, he has a long history of being terrible at price guessing.

B-Rant is Muttly.

Seriously, why has HT become the "kleenex" for 1/6th scale? :slap

Gross Mr. McD.

Kewl enough for me to want it.

What up Nate the great?

Well regardless who's the producer of this piece. I think that I'm in for my first 1/6th figurine.

:monkey4

I will save full judgement for the full reveal. But based simply on that preview, I like the first version better.

Edit - And I am not all that enthusiastic about Timber as that will be just a little resin statue anyway. It won't actually be an action figure. I am all about the articulation. I likely won't use it to display, but I'll hold on to it anyway just because I am retentive that way.

But that is not to say that I am not excited about this one. I will order every one they allow.

And I am particularly excited because this will drive down the value of the first release so replacing mine will not hurt so much.

Surfer says that Timer will be articulated.

This version is better than the first for the most part because most of will be like the 82 figure. While the first figure has some 85 cues, it's not even close to it.

definite purchase for me, i can never turn my back on anything SE's

Very happy were finally getting the Commando version :D

I like that I could conceivably get into this line now without having to shell out an arm and a leg for such a pivotal piece.

Surfer says that Timer will be articulated.

This version is better than the first for the most part because most of will be like the 82 figure. While the first figure has some 85 cues, it's not even close to it.

:yess: That's a good thing in more than one way. Plastic instead of polystone. :lecture

Last edited:
Back