Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Yeah, we've seen seen them use the same exclusives across multiple formats for the same character before.

Makes me wonder what the helmeted Cobra Commander's exclusive would be then. They've already done the hood, so unless they do a new hood sculpt with a different cobra on the hood, I don't think they'd be able to do that one.

Already making apologies for a price increase? A 3" wolf is not going to boost the price by $70. If people accept that, we are suckers.

I say $150 tops.

I think Snake Eyes would retail for $150 without Timber. Rock and Roll was $135 and Zartan like $170. Snake Eyes will probaly come with a ton of gear, and prices keep going up, so even if he came with the same stuff as R&R he'd probably be at least $5 more. But I think he'll come with more, so $150 sounds right. But then throw in an articulated wolf, and you can easily get to $200. Numa was like $20 or $30 if I remember right with Boil and Waxer. So I think a mimium of $25 more, so $175-80 at the very LEAST I would think.

Why exactly? For a 3" figure no bigger than the Numa that came with the Waxer and Boil? People saying they are alright with $200 are the reason they indeed raise the prices. Don't see why people can't STFU until after the price is announced. Just encourages them.

The only thing that encourages them is what is actually bought and paid for.

I actually think SS isnt doing so hot right now, look at all the stuff on GC, hell Ex Gree is on there. bit surprising

Anyone know who or whom owns SSC?

I wasn't expecting to see the second version of SE so soon before other characters have been announced, but this one will be hard to pass up.

BTW to The Mike - I noticed your sig...KCCO!

I wasn't expecting to see the second version of SE so soon before other characters have been announced, but this one will be hard to pass up.

BTW to The Mike - I noticed your sig...KCCO!

FLBP FTW :rock

Yeah, we've seen seen them use the same exclusives across multiple formats for the same character before.

I still think the EX is going to be the pack of explosives that the 82 figure came with, like SS nun-chucks and Dukes binoculars.

This will be a fun project piece for me. Outside of a few glaring issues, he looks awesome and is definitely a must buy for even the casual Joe fan. The sword is dumb. Snake Eyes wasn't a ninja at this point. The 2-point attachment holster that flops around like double D's in a sports bra and takes up precious belt space is a poor choice, as are the "tek-lok" magazine uh... pouches. It's almost like some range plinking Magpull fanboy or airmchair general is tossing darts at a board to pick what "looks cool" vs. what would be practical for this guy given his MOS.

I'm thinking like $175-180 too. Not that i want it to cost that much, but the prices just keep increasing with each new release with no end in sight. :( If it's less than that, though, I will be very happy.

Finally...been waiting for the reveal on this version for some time now since they showcased the polystone statue.

I think he already will come the explosives pack (look below the slung XCR rifle, on his butt - there is a brown pack of some sort).

I'm thinking Snakes will be in the $165-175 price range, depending on his loadout. If he has the sword, the XCR, a pistol, an uzi, knife, grenades, flashbangs, smoke, webgear along with the included Timber poseable figure...he will rival Zartan for accessories included.

Can't wait for this version to complete my Joe team since the first version is way overpriced on eBay and other sites.

Also, don't think the "ninja visor" will be included. It will look too weird on the "gimp" mask. It would be cool if they included the MASS device canister as an homage to the cartoon.

No lame "fist daggers"...give us something good Sideshow!

It looks like he has the bag from the statue:

5865913776_46b423fa26.jpg

Heh, it's cool how most of us were not really impressed with the first SS Snake Eyes. I skipped it also once I saw the body and huge head. Just like some of you, I got the Recon Point with Timber, and I did my own Snake Eyes. I may get this new one just to check it out. I'd like to make my own packaging also. Here's my Snake Eyes; I'm thinking of changing the pants to Bruce Lee pants for greater poseability.

snakeeyes_mar2012.jpg

Also, don't think the "ninja visor" will be included. It will look too weird on the "gimp" mask. It would be cool if they included the MASS device canister as an homage to the cartoon.

No lame "fist daggers"...give us something good Sideshow!

Actually SS mentioned on an interview that they are including it to update the one in the first release.

It's a welcome change from the skinny arms of the first SE. In fact I recall that many SS Joe fans were trying to hunt down thick sweaters to help the scrawny arms. This version with the sweater is a welcome change from all the webbing that was such a vital part of his 1st outfit. One thing the sneak peek has shown me is that I like Waycon Pointe Timbers look much better ! The new Timber is A calmer happier one for sure !

DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg

Appreciate the pics but it does display that this version of SE might not be a dude at all.

Last edited:

Actually SS mentioned on an interview that they are including it to update the one in the first release.

That's good to hear, now I will have something to replace the head on my original SE. I always thought the headsculpt with that visor just didn't look quite right, but I never did a body replacement or anything like that.

I'm expecting this SE should be around the same price as Zartan, give or take $5 or so. Thank goodness for flexpay:yess:. I don't like the look of the sweater in that current pic but I'm sure it will turn out alot better and look good once it is in-hand.

Back