Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Right on! MASS Device SE with goggles and Timber! :rock

Exclusive could be charred portrait, radioactive piece of the MASS Device, or of course, the visor.

I got to work on this project, painted the heads, gloves, boots, and weapons (except sword).

I didn't paint Timber, but I know he is posable this time.

How many heads did you paint? :monkey3

And posable Timber? Wow. Does he have the black stripe down his back this time?

Looks pretty awesome in that teaser. And Timber is posable?? Oh hell yah, I'm in.

I dont think it looks that good TBH, will wait and see as always

I did however get this separate email, it went as follows

Dear Valued customer

Thank you for purchasing the Recon at Way Point environment, we will soon be releasing another version of Snake Eyes which this time will INCLUDE Timber......SUCKA. Thanks for buying our overpriced crappy corner wall house garbage. We look forward to you spending more hard earned money on our reused parts and trooper variants/figures, we have many more to come.

Sincerely
SSC

I did however get this separate email, it went as follows

Dear Valued customer

Thank you for purchasing the Recon at Way Point environment, we will soon be releasing another version of Snake Eyes which this time will INCLUDE Timber......SUCKA.

That's actually pretty funny. :lol

You need Firefly, Storm Shadow, Rock n Roll, Hawk and Stalker to go with him.

i know, but this just looks weird the sweater... maybe it's too puffy or something..

It's a welcome change from the skinny arms of the first SE. In fact I recall that many SS Joe fans were trying to hunt down thick sweaters to help the scrawny arms. This version with the sweater is a welcome change from all the webbing that was such a vital part of his 1st outfit. One thing the sneak peek has shown me is that I like Waycon Pointe Timbers look much better ! The new Timber is A calmer happier one for sure !

DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg

It's a welcome change from the skinny arms of the first SE. In fact I recall that many SS Joe fans were trying to hunt down thick sweaters to help the scrawny arms. This version with the sweater is a welcome change from all the webbing that was such a vital part of his 1st outfit. One thing the sneak peek has shown me is that I like Waycon Pointe Timbers look much better ! The new Timber is A calmer happier one for sure !

DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg

Actually I think most of us changed bodies. The original had hardly any gear, or are you refering to the SS's 1st release? The 1st SS SE seemed more of amalgamation of 82 and 85

Great pics btw.

Yeah, but that figure was really lacking in a lot of ways. If you wanted the figure to really look good on the shelf, you needed to be a master futzer, or to do some pretty extensive modding IMO, including a body swap. I just tossed a sweater on him and called it a day, because I knew I wasn't gonna be happy with any attempt to get a reasonably card art- or toy-accurate 1985 Snake Eyes.

I'm not saying this figure should be a "2-in-1." I'm about 95% it won't be, and that's fine (Sideshow will probably revisit '85 Snakes later as a separate release if nothing else). But I don't think that figure was a definitive Snake Eyes that was so great that another attempt shouldn't be made for that design at some point.

Sideshow's been really pushing it with Zartan and Rock N Roll, IMO. I have a hard time imagining them trying to sell their 1/6 figures for $200 at this point, even if it does come with a little articulated dog. I also figure this will be in the $150-175 range. If it's more than that, then I'll complain with my wallet by buying a loose head and bashing one, or by just doing without altogether.

Maybe not, since they are suppossed to include an extra head to replace the 1st one.

____. Everytime I think I'm out of this license something comes through that makes me want back in. I'm getting this no questions.

I guarantee this will get parted out so if it's too expensive you could just buy the head, goggles, and uzi then buy another brand's sweater, pants, and accessories and not pay $200.
:lecture

I dunno. In my experience, buying parts seperately usually ends up costing more than the full figure. Its best to buy the full figure and sell off what you don't want. Part outs only work if you need a few specific items.

Right on! MASS Device SE with goggles and Timber! :rock

Exclusive could be charred portrait, radioactive piece of the MASS Device, or of course, the visor.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Visor head is the exclusive. They've done that with the Poly Snakes. So I don't see that chaning here. Since it would he fully sculpted head, it makes it different from the original figure. :dunno

I'm still betting on this being $200+ though with Timber being included - especially since he's supposed to be articulated. I don't know how they'll articulate Poly though :lol

This is great timing for me. I just bought my first 7 Joes last week and have Zartan exclusive on a wait list. I figured, well I just won't have Snake Eyes because the old one was too expensive on Ebay and he just looked a little funny to me, but now that will all change.

I have Recon at Waypoint. I got a good deal on it. I guess Timber will have a friend.

I'd say $200 is a good bet for price on this particular figure. Its a price I think when we see the final figure will be worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Visor head is the exclusive. They've done that with the Poly Snakes. So I don't see that chaning here. Since it would he fully sculpted head, it makes it different from the original figure. :dunno

Yeah, we've seen seen them use the same exclusives across multiple formats for the same character before.

Already making apologies for a price increase? A 3" wolf is not going to boost the price by $70. If people accept that, we are suckers.

I say $150 tops.

Already making apologies for a price increase? A 3" wolf is not going to boost the price by $70. If people accept that, we are suckers.

I say $150 tops.

No Chance, this is 199$ for sure

Why exactly? For a 3" figure no bigger than the Numa that came with the Waxer and Boil? People saying they are alright with $200 are the reason they indeed raise the prices. Don't see why people can't STFU until after the price is announced. Just encourages them.

Back