Sideshow should make Old Spiderman Comiquette Variant??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Many Of you think Sideshow Should make Old Spiderman Comiquette Variant

• Total voters
See i was pointing out variant spidy comi from long time. now they released variant of Campbell spidy for which 1st version i bought & sold coz didnt liked at all. Sideshow released every spidy in variants except Comi. so thought why not they release old spidy comi in another variant. i missed on lots of grail like cap-thor-old hulk pfs but those characters never given variant treatment. only spidy & hulk released in variants.

I hear you bro but another 1/4 comic Spidey is on the way. All of the characters you missed out on will be revisited with all new original sculpts some time in the future. They are Marvel's most popular characters. Hell, SSC already has 2nd PFs of far less popular characters. Emma Frost, Punisher, Dr Doom, and Red Skull come to mind. SSC isn't even close to releasing their last Spidey, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, or Hulk PFs. Believe me, many more PFs of those characters are coming.

back then i m not even started collecting sideshow..... I didnt missed anything new released which i want after started collecting.

I hadn't started collecting yet either. But Spider-Man is my absolute favorite #1 character without question, I saw this, had to have it, and didn't stop until I found an acceptable deal I could pay up for and it happened. I know some have rules about what they will spend and do for what they want, but if anybody wants this that bad, they'll find a way to get one.

Either way, I read Igo's post and it's the best statue news I've ever heard. No clue what it will look like but can't imagine I'd skip it. Keeping my 2010 Comiquette, the JSC com, the Iron Spidey Com, and getting the XM as well. They will all be mine.

And while it could be the familiar costume, not once did he say if it's the famous blue and red costume...all he said was 1:4 "comic" Spider-Man...who knows which version, or if they're going the route of Batman or Allied Cap PFs and adding their own elements (details on Bat's gloves and boots, Cap's baggy pants, etc) to make the costume different than what they've done multiple times before at this point...personally I'm hoping for Black Costume or Classic Ditko or Romita version.

See i was pointing out variant spidy comi from long time. now they released variant of Campbell spidy for which 1st version i bought & sold coz didnt liked at all. Sideshow released every spidy in variants except Comi. so thought why not they release old spidy comi in another variant. i missed on lots of grail like cap-thor-old hulk pfs but those characters never given variant treatment. only spidy & hulk released in variants.

Just from my own observation, I don't think SS has ever released a variant for a statue with an ES that far out from the original release. I believe any variants for statues with an ES have been within 2 years or less. I could be wrong. But SS doesn't go back 4 years ago for a variant.

It seems that Non ES statues can get variants farther out, like Stormtrooper which has several now.

No. It's the best 1/4 scale Spidey in existence IMO, but still flawed. Better if they try another 1/4 scale Spidey. One variant I wish they had done was this, though, which would easily beat the Comiquette if it had been produced:

Bv2Pqnd.jpg

^^ that one is awesome it repaint of back in blk right. r those comi 1/4 in scale or 1/5?

I have the Iron Spidey... Glorious piece!

I do, too. I love it.

All of SS's 1/4 Spidey's were sold out before I started collecting so even though the Ex on Iron Spidey is pretty essential I found someone selling a regular at Retail in late 2012...it would've been crazy for a Spidey-Fan to pass that up.

Wish I had Back in Black but hopefully a 1/4 Symbiote Spidey will pop up at some point...maybe SS will do a Black variant of the upcoming Spidey PF? Although I'd prefer an all new sculpt specifically for Black Spidey because it mostly seems to just get variant status when it could be awesome as its own concept.

Yeah I noticed that mostly people that have been around awhile collecting voted no, and those that are fairly new or missed said yes. I love variants, I don't much care about value es and all that ****. I mean if I love a character, I'll get em regardless of repaints and changes.

When you say variant, do you mean

1) Just a repaint of the original Comiquette
2) A different rendition (in terms of pose and base etc) of Spidey in the same suit?

Given a choice, I think most, if not all, would rather get 2). I'm a Spidey nut, so I would love to get as many Spideys (of different suits/ bases/ poses etc) in 1/4 scale as possible. Haha.. However, if it's another character, it might be a different story.

Back