Sideshow should make Old Spiderman Comiquette Variant??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Many Of you think Sideshow Should make Old Spiderman Comiquette Variant

• Total voters
Seriously though... I just want SSC to make another 1/4 scale Spidey... After the let down that was the JC Spidey Comiquette.. I am chomping it to bit to get a Spidey piece back into my collection.

No I want SS to make a new one but it sounds like XM will be making a 1/4 Spiderman soon or should I say within the next few years so that could be another option for some.

When you say variant, do you mean

1) Just a repaint of the original Comiquette
2) A different rendition (in terms of pose and base etc) of Spidey in the same suit?

Given a choice, I think most, if not all, would rather get 2). I'm a Spidey nut, so I would love to get as many Spideys (of different suits/ bases/ poses etc) in 1/4 scale as possible. Haha.. However, if it's another character, it might be a different story.
Yeah, I don't really care if they were to re-issue an older statue (though Sideshow generally doesn't do that), but considering how it is flawed, as are all their existing 1/4 scale Spideys (barring arguably the Back in Black one, though that's no version of Spidey I want), I would certainly rather them give it another shot. Why not ask if they can do better?

No I want SS to make a new one but it sounds like XM will be making a 1/4 Spiderman soon or should I say within the next few years so that could be another option for some.

The switchout parts will be wow, if they get to make Spidey

I would love sideshow to redo the black version into a regular spidey. I have seen one or two conversions and they looked killer.

The switchout parts will be wow, if they get to make Spidey
There's nothing concrete but a few sneaky hints at XM is working on a Spidey, I so hope they are.

Like you say plenty of switch out parts and I can't even imagine what kind of base they will dream up to make

That's one of the things I love about XM the amount of effort they put into there bases

xm making another spidey..hmm wonder what kind of pose left that any other company havent made already..
headstand spidey maybe?

Yeah, I don't really care if they were to re-issue an older statue (though Sideshow generally doesn't do that), but considering how it is flawed, as are all their existing 1/4 scale Spideys (barring arguably the Back in Black one, though that's no version of Spidey I want), I would certainly rather them give it another shot. Why not ask if they can do better?

Out of curiosity, how is the original flawed?

I ask because I own the original Spider-Man Ex PF and see no flaws. :huh

I think he's referring to the Comiquette.
Too big for 1:4 and wasn't there an issue with the head shape?

Edit: Ok, he said all 1:4 Spideys are flawed :huh

Many of the original Spidey COMs came with horrible paint issues. Especially the webbing on his costume. Some of us we lucky. I personally received a great looking Spidey COM. I won't say it's perfect (no piece really is) but it looks damn good with no real issues. Unfortunately, not everyone who PO'd the piece was as lucky.

I never had the PF, but think the head is wonky with those HUGE eyes and pose is awkward even for Spidey. I've got the Comiquette, and the face is a weird Olivetti concoction, the body proportions are skinnier than I would like, and as filip says the paint apps are not great. The best sculpt I've seen from my POV is the cold cast bronze one. But. . .it's faux bronze. Best overall is still the Olivetti Comiquette but it isn't perfect.

Back