Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm considering on taking bets that the pre-order date is about to slip a little. A good 5 day's now and now email, no website updates, no Twitter updates....

No doubt they are busy working on final details, I just get the feeling that the 23rd will come and go before all the ducks are in a row.

Yeah, I'm considering on taking bets that the pre-order date is about to slip a little. A good 5 day's now and now email, no website updates, no Twitter updates....

No doubt they are busy working on final details, I just get the feeling that the 23rd will come and go before all the ducks are in a row.

isn't the announced pre-order date october 30?

also, at first i thought 12:00 PM PDT was midnight, but i guess it is noon PDT, meaning 2:00 PM CST in the midwest where i am.

isn't the announced pre-order date october 30?

also, at first i thought 12:00 PM PDT was midnight, but i guess it is noon PDT, meaning 2:00 PM CST in the midwest where i am.

If you've signed up on the list then the order day is this Friday, 23rd, they were supposed to send out an email last friday with the $500 coupon code and instructions for ordering but so far there's nothing.

If you've signed up on the list then the order day is this Friday, 23rd, they were supposed to send out an email last friday with the $500 coupon code and instructions for ordering but so far there's nothing.

damn, you are right! i went back and read my e-mail from sept. 30. i must have skipped right over that date in my e-mail and then just kept going to the fireflyshipworks website for updates. i'm glad you guys kept me updated here as i was thinking the initial preorder date was oct. 30. thanks!! :banana

oh, and sorry i questioned you guru. i learned one big thing today - read your e-mails closely. :rolleyes:

oh, and sorry i questioned you guru. i learned one big thing today - read your e-mails closely. :rolleyes:

hehe, yup, otherwise had you waited, you would have been left ordering whatever wasn't sold (tho I seriously doubt all 1000 will sell out from the wait list), but more important, it would have cost you the extra $500.

And yes, I read the time as being Noon, which for me is 5.30am....

Mind you, given how things are going, it may well end up being the 30th for us and then a week later for everyone else, unless of course QMx made the same mistake and don't read their own emails :lol

Nope, nothing yet. Hope they don't leave it too the last minute, especially if emails systems turn out to be slower for some then others.

And having just said that and sent a quick email asking about it, my email refreshes and what should show up.......

Just got the email, no shipping cost info, plus the layaway program doesn't allow credit cards, I'm not sure if I'll be able to put this on a credit card right now.

Hrmm, this would be sad to miss out on.

Even worse in the case of the layaway system, since not only do you need a bank account, you need to be in the US. Not that I was going to use it anyway.

As for shipping, I have asked for a bit more detail on that, other then waiting for it to pop up when I order and was told that it would be around $175USD, including insurance down to Australia.
So no doubt, for those actually in the US, it's more likely to be around the $75.

So I think I'm now all set, just need to wait another day and a half.

Even worse in the case of the layaway system, since not only do you need a bank account, you need to be in the US. Not that I was going to use it anyway.

As for shipping, I have asked for a bit more detail on that, other then waiting for it to pop up when I order and was told that it would be around $175USD, including insurance down to Australia.
So no doubt, for those actually in the US, it's more likely to be around the $75.

So I think I'm now all set, just need to wait another day and a half.

That's a really good price for shipping, for something like this it's very large and heavy.

Still not sure if I'll be able to get it, have to check the credit card.

That's a really good price for shipping, for something like this it's very large and heavy.

Still not sure if I'll be able to get it, have to check the credit card.

yeah, especially since it includes the insurance, I was expecting somewhat worse, so that's helped to keep the total cost down.

In theory, you'll have a week to make up your mind and if you choose the (pre-order) option, the card won't be actually charged till they are ready to build, buying you an extra couple of weeks at least.

And the wait is almost over. Good luck to everyone.

The $ to dk.kr exchange rate is at a year-low so I think I'm gonna pay for it today (if I get it)

yup, bit over 5 hours to go, as I type this and the Aussie dollar is back up to near record highs, talk about great timing.

got mine - order #AB-57**. guru1, what order # did you get? i am assuming we can use those order #s to see approximately what edition # we get.

congrats to all who get one of these!!!

i'm shiny!!! :D

Last edited:
What a shiny night - got mine :blissy Took 3 - 4 minutes past 12 before it went to preorder and I messed up the coupon code before I got it applied. My order #AB-zxqå

Last edited:
Back