Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7109&utm_source=wp_news

qmx_serenity.jpg

Oh my....

It's now sinking in just how broke I'm about to become.

This looks awesome!

Can anyone tell me the story behind QXM?

Are they the same people that made that Battlestar Galactica scaled model (that I believe Dave bought?) I've honestly never heard about this company before.

HELL YEAH!

Well never heard of the company but if its quality, this is exactly what I've been waiting for!

Great news :D

That is too much goddamn stuff coming. I hope its spaced out so I can get it all :lol

Can anyone tell me the story behind QXM?

Are they the same people that made that Battlestar Galactica scaled model (that I believe Dave bought?) I've honestly never heard about this company before.

They're very good, keep an eye on www.fireflyshipworks.com for updates on this. Originally there was problems when they did preorders for some stuff before they had finalized things, but for this they aren't doing orders until they're absolutely ready. And this thing is being made in the U.S. by professional model makers so it'll be of the highest quality. Plus custom options for posing.

https://www.quantummechanix.com/HOME.html

QMx have been around for a while, but have had a bit of trouble getting out of the gate with prop collectibles, although their paper props have been great. They did the Cylon Raider that Sideshow sold and they did a resin model of Mal's pistol.

Thanks for that link, Dave. They have some impressive items!

What do you speculate the price of this will be?

They're very good, keep an eye on www.fireflyshipworks.com for updates on this. Originally there was problems when they did preorders for some stuff before they had finalized things, but for this they aren't doing orders until they're absolutely ready. And this thing is being made in the U.S. by professional model makers so it'll be of the highest quality. Plus custom options for posing.

I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks! :rock

The Cylon Raider was $1,000 but I would expect this to be $1,500 or $2,000. The lighting system is something that costs a lot. But there will probably be a Signature Edition.

guys, I found some photos :D

Not sure if you've seen them ore not, but here we go anyway =]

serenitypainttest15.jpg

serenitypainttest13.jpg

front3h.jpg

bridge3f.jpg

bridge31.jpg

bridge41.jpg

finishedkit6.jpg

finishedkit5.jpg

finishedkit1.jpg

Well this one's about 20" or so I think the raider is like 18", but that was because of the long wings, this is much more complex. And from the small pic it looks like they did a pretty elaborate lighting system. It can't be more than the MR Falcon replica which was $2,200

Well this one's about 20" or so I think the raider is like 18", but that was because of the long wings, this is much more complex. And from the small pic it looks like they did a pretty elaborate lighting system. It can't be more than the MR Falcon replica which was $2,200

I didn't realize how pricey these are!! But the detail is phenomenal, and I can't imagine seeing one of these light up! That's got to be pretty nice.

Back