Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they had the price fixed at the time of SDCC there might not have been as many who signed up and they might not have increased the ed. size. Who knows if this will retain it's value or be easy to obtain on the secondary market? 1000 seems like a lot for something this $$$ that isn't a juggernaut like SW.

If they had the price fixed at the time of SDCC there might not have been as many who signed up and they might not have increased the ed. size. Who knows if this will retain it's value or be easy to obtain on the secondary market? 1000 seems like a lot for something this $$$ that isn't a juggernaut like SW.

i absolutely agree with this. raising the edition size to 1000 should have reduced the cost. would this have been more at an edition of 500? i doubt it.

i thought the $500 QMx coupon was only good through the QMx site, making the final total $2000. I am assuming the price will be $2500 through SS, so even with the $125 in points at SS it will still cost $375 more than the QMx price. am i wrong here? :confused:

No, your totally right, making purchasing from SS pointless, unless you miss out on the waitlist pre-order.

However, even with the discount and given the overall price, I get the feeling that SS will get some stock, especially with the ES at 1000.

I'm starting to wonder if QMx will drop the ES back down again, depending on how initial pre-orders go.

As for the ES making much difference to the cost, I actually don't think it would. Remember its not mass produced in China, its hand built in the US and takes 46 hours to make just one.

i don't know, but now that the price has been established i think alot of people are going to pass on this. i'll most likely try for one later on the secondary market.

personally i don't like the whole $500 credit if your on the WL gimmick, that always tells me that they're charging to much for it in the first place...

i don't know, but now that the price has been established i think alot of people are going to pass on this. i'll most likely try for one later on the secondary market.

personally i don't like the whole $500 credit if your on the WL gimmick, that always tells me that they're charging to much for it in the first place...

Probably not, notice they aren't offering a version right now without the lighting system, most likely they will offer another edition without the lights for more than the $500 discount offered on this one.

The $500 off is probably because they know some people will be paying full price plus they would rather you order from them than Sideshow since they would get more money that way.

And remember this is being built by pro modelers and is signed by Nathan Fillion. I just wish it had the Acrylic case with it.

I just wish it had the Acrylic case with it.

Actually I'm glad it doesn't, the package and postage cost's will be bad enough as it is, without the extra large Acrylic case. Depending on how I go, it will be much easier and cheaper to source that locally.

Tho I guess they may be able to add that as an option, if asked.

As for the discount, it has been stated that the discount is the cost of the lighting, so even if they do offer a non-lighting version later, then it will likely be around $2000 anyway.

Really any future 'cheap' version will likely come from some toy/model company, that licenses the prototype and simplifies and mass produces an all plastic version, either pre-made or as a kit. Which while that may fool the causal viewer, it won't be a patch on the real thing.

Actually I'm glad it doesn't, the package and postage cost's will be bad enough as it is, without the extra large Acrylic case. Depending on how I go, it will be much easier and cheaper to source that locally.

Tho I guess they may be able to add that as an option, if asked.

As for the discount, it has been stated that the discount is the cost of the lighting, so even if they do offer a non-lighting version later, then it will likely be around $2000 anyway.

Really any future 'cheap' version will likely come from some toy/model company, that licenses the prototype and simplifies and mass produces an all plastic version, either pre-made or as a kit. Which while that may fool the causal viewer, it won't be a patch on the real thing.

I doubt adding the acrylic case would change the shipping costs much, it's fairly easy to create packaging to fit the acrylic case inside (like the MR stuff). But I think they said that the case they were using for display was more expensive for them than it would be for a regular customer to buy.

They said the discount was for the lighting, but they've said before that the lighting system can be around half the cost of the entire thing, which $500 is no where near half the cost. I bet if they do another edition without the electronics (and probably without Nathan Fillion's signature) it would be like $1,750 or something.

I doubt adding the acrylic case would change the shipping costs much, it's fairly easy to create packaging to fit the acrylic case inside (like the MR stuff). But I think they said that the case they were using for display was more expensive for them than it would be for a regular customer to buy.

Are you taking into account overseas shipping, since I am. It's going to cost me enough as it is, without adding more weight, a much bigger box (or wooden crate) which would add more weight again, plus the cost of the actual acrylic case.

They said the discount was for the lighting, but they've said before that the lighting system can be around half the cost of the entire thing, which $500 is no where near half the cost. I bet if they do another edition without the electronics (and probably without Nathan Fillion's signature) it would be like $1,750 or something.

Well, it that was the case, then for an 'extra' $250 now, I'd sure as hell want all the lighting system.

I seriously doubt lighting would be half the cost. Makes no sense. $500 sounds about right for the electronics involved. Most of the cost is the time and labor to assemble and paint all the tiny bits.

Are you taking into account overseas shipping, since I am. It's going to cost me enough as it is, without adding more weight, a much bigger box (or wooden crate) which would add more weight again, plus the cost of the actual acrylic case.

It is already being shipped in a wooden crate:
3903902889_0894592306.jpg

An acrylic case wouldn't add much weight to that, but yeah, the cost of adding the case to Serenity would be something like $150.

An acrylic case wouldn't add much weight to that....

It would if it made the wooden crate somewhat larger, which I assume it would have to be in order to hold the acrylic case. Unless of course the case comes as all flat sides and you can put it together yourself, but I assume that's not how it works.

Anyway, not really an issue, since its not an option, so around two and a half weeks till pre-order, man its going to drag out.

It would if it made the wooden crate somewhat larger, which I assume it would have to be in order to hold the acrylic case. Unless of course the case comes as all flat sides and you can put it together yourself, but I assume that's not how it works.

Anyway, not really an issue, since its not an option, so around two and a half weeks till pre-order, man its going to drag out.

Not to get into a big discussion, but collectibles with acrylic cases are easily packed, like the MR stuff, the box is about the size of the case and then the collectible is packed inside the acrylic case, it doesn't add much to the package since the collectible itself would make the box that big in the first place.

But anyways, I'll have to figure out some way to setup a display. By the time I actually get it (I'll be doing Layaway, can't afford the whole thing right now) I'll be moved out and settled down so I'll be able to plan a good display.

BTW, does anyone know of a place that sells good LED lights that could be used to light a collectible? I was thinking of making some kind of pedestal with lights on the top and LED lights would look best.

Not to get into a big discussion, but collectibles with acrylic cases are easily packed, like the MR stuff, the box is about the size of the case and then the collectible is packed inside the acrylic case, it doesn't add much to the package since the collectible itself would make the box that big in the first place.

But anyways, I'll have to figure out some way to setup a display. By the time I actually get it (I'll be doing Layaway, can't afford the whole thing right now) I'll be moved out and settled down so I'll be able to plan a good display.

BTW, does anyone know of a place that sells good LED lights that could be used to light a collectible? I was thinking of making some kind of pedestal with lights on the top and LED lights would look best.

if your really handy i would recommend these guys

https://www.theledlight.com/

and if your not then just go to ikea, they've got lots of led lighting the can be modified easily, or not if you chose.

I sent an email over a week ago now about postage costs, etc and if one would have to cover that at the time of pre-order or only once its ready to ship.

Not had any reply yet, anyone else got an firm news in relation to postage, especially from an overseas point of view.

Week to go now (well, a few hours under) and no new email or anything, still have no idea about postage and the like either.

And one did... except it was the insider one about the BSG stuff.

That killed my excitement pretty quick.

Guess one will have to wait a couple more days.

Back