Sideshow? - Rick Deckard - Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that just a reference to the short story Blade Runner was based on? Could be anything from the franchise, I hope it is a 1/6th Deckard too.

Could just be an electric sheep statue...

Yup, I think it's just a general social media post to get people excited about Blade Runner.

Seems unlikely that a spec figure could untangle 30 years of red tape within two months.

Unless they were already close to closing the deal on the license but not close enough to announce, decided to show their "proto" figure anyway and claim that it was a "passion project" so that they could still be protected if the deal fell through...not sure that this is what happened but a definite possibility...

Unless they were already close to closing the deal on the license but not close enough to announce, decided to show their "proto" figure anyway and claim that it was a "passion project" so that they could still be protected if the deal fell through...not sure that this is what happened but a definite possibility...

Sounds plausible. Weird that they would show off a 'passion project' at SDCC, if they weren't in fact close to a deal.

They have to have the license to sell something with the property otherwise no real point in posting that quote.

The fact NECA got the new film license means the property isn't completely unavailable to licensing. But it IS the new film and not the original. I imagine they would want the original license as much as Sideshow would. Perhaps they wanted to push the new film before granting the licenses for the original? Even if there is only a brief flashback to the original film in the new one, that ought to open up a young Ford look under the new film license at the least. So I'd say it's all but officially happening at this point, but he'll be $250+ to make it happen.

I know it's a popular gimmick but I don't think 2049 will have a deaged Ford. Perhaps a flashback but I'm not really getting that vibe and don't think there will be one. I think it will be its own thing with a focus almost entirely on Gosling's character. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

That actually sounds more like a Hot Toys move than a Sideshow one.

Or Hot Toys will make 3 or 4 variants of Gosling, before cancelling the line...

But on a serious note, the fact that SSC showed the Deckard prototype could mean that's what is coming. Could be part of the Cult Classics line... could be great!

Glad I got that 'no one apparently knows it exists' Brothers Production non-licensed Deckard (Android Hunter 2.0) figure. As an an al retentive, picky (but not too far off the deep end) collector....that figure is excellent! I particularly love the battle damaged/rain effect head sculpt. So I'm totally fine with them not releasing another one. However, I'd love a new Rocketeer. The Medicom 2.5 is kinda a bit dated. Not to mention a Warren Beatty Di ck Tracy figure would be at the top of my list.

Those wanting a BR1 1/6 figure here's your golden chance to get both guys for the price of 1.

Ordered 2 "Ricks" & 1 "Roy" hehe.

Sideshow can take their sweet time.

Glad I got that 'no one apparently knows it exists' Brothers Production non-licensed Deckard (Android Hunter 2.0) figure. As an an al retentive, picky (but not too far off the deep end) collector....that figure is excellent! I particularly love the battle damaged/rain effect head sculpt. So I'm totally fine with them not releasing another one. However, I'd love a new Rocketeer. The Medicom 2.5 is kinda a bit dated. Not to mention a Warren Beatty Di ck Tracy figure would be at the top of my list.

Rocketeer 2.0 is my favorite Medicom figure. Too bad them leathers cracked... i actually feel sad about it. Can't even touch it anymore.

After seeing BR2049 in theaters, I would love to see some 1/6 scale figures from the original and the new film. It was an amazing movie. Exceeded my expectations

After seeing BR2049 in theaters, I would love to see some 1/6 scale figures from the original and the new film. It was an amazing movie. Exceeded my expectations

I find it insanely hard to believe that the new one and original won't have any legit 1/6 representation. Mind bending that Hot Toys would get the Valaerian license, which everyone and their mother knew would be a bomb(and I'm a fanboy of the comic btw), but not Blade Runner, which already has a huge following and all signs point to 2049 being it's own masterpiece(will confirm in 3 hours lol). Makes zero sense and hopefully something will come about, either this Sideshow mock up, which looks great minus the sculpt being off, or Hot Toys or someone else. I refuse to buy Redman rip offs.

I find it insanely hard to believe that the new one and original won't have any legit 1/6 representation. Mind bending that Hot Toys would get the Valaerian license, which everyone and their mother knew would be a bomb(and I'm a fanboy of the comic btw), but not Blade Runner, which already has a huge following and all signs point to 2049 being it's own masterpiece(will confirm in 3 hours lol). Makes zero sense and hopefully something will come about, either this Sideshow mock up, which looks great minus the sculpt being off, or Hot Toys or someone else. I refuse to buy Redman rip offs.

Both Valerian and BR2049 are flops, no reason to make figures for either film.

Back