Sideshow? - Rick Deckard - Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics Zod. :wave

I hope they actually put it up for sale!

Perhaps it was a spec project or an attempt to get the rights in some way

This is my line of thinking. Generate hype, show the licensor it's worth signing off on.

We know Hot Toys had to go after Arnie specifically to get his likeness on a few things, so perhaps SSC is willing to sign Ford directly on this one.

I don't believe it's an actor hangup but legal entanglements with the studio/producers/distributors/etc. preventing merch.
Again, have you seen any classic Blade Runner merch offered at all by anyone?

I don't believe it's an actor hangup but legal entanglements with the studio/producers/distributors/etc. preventing merch.

There have been spinner car replicas and prints done that have been licensed.

I was in licensing a while back. While I never heard from anyone directly involved, the story was always that Ford's rights were not included in the license, so no one ever pursued it. Why buy the Blade Runner license if you can't make Deckard?

no but Neca doing the New Blade runners.

no but Neca doing the New Blade runners.

Right, if they could release classic BR merch alongside the new 2049 stuff they surely would.

There have been spinner car replicas and prints done that have been licensed.

The spinner model replica and Struzan poster were part of a boxset with new blu ray copies of the movie I believe. The only other spinner BR models I recall were the 1982 ERTL ones and a Japanese one released not with BR branding but with BTTF2 (to get around the licensing since the spinner was in BTTF2).

Right, if they could release classic BR merch alongside the new 2049 stuff they surely would.

The spinner model replica and Struzan poster were part of a boxset with new blu ray copies of the movie I believe. The only other spinner BR models I recall were the 1982 ERTL ones and a Japanese one released not with BR branding but with BTTF2 (to get around the licensing since the spinner was in BTTF2).

Japan released a few Spinners.

Fujimi released a Spinner & Deckard red transporter and maybe a Silver transporter.

Medicom released a completed model as standalone and also Boxset video.

I think hot wheels or something released a smaller version of the spinner.

And some unlicensed old kits.

I'm not sure how official these releases were. Medicom brought out 'Future Car' from Back to the Future. Fujimi just called it Spinner as there is no 'Blade Runner' on the box.

I heard that Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin who own the Blade Runner Partnership were not interested in merchandising the movie and would put licensing cost so high no one would think it worth perusing.

Seeing as Warner Bros owns the rights to the new films and prequels they must have some sort of separate merch deal for 2049 from the original movie.

I'm not sure how official these releases were. Medicom brought out 'Future Car' from Back to the Future. Fujimi just called it Spinner as there is no 'Blade Runner' on the box.

I heard that Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin who own the Blade Runner Partnership were not interested in merchandising the movie and would put licensing cost so high no one would think it worth perusing.

Seeing as Warner Bros owns the rights to the new films and prequels they must have some sort of separate merch deal for 2049 from the original movie.

i'm sure the Medicom spinner bundled with the Movie Bluray boxset is official. i mean how obvious would they want to be? even if it's not licensed you can bet they have agreement from the regional license holders making them official.

https://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/med/medmav-83830_11.jpg

also I'm sure Medicom has the license for BTTFT, their Kubrick lines are all official including the Future Car.

there's another maker doing BTTFT cars in Japan 1/24 scale diecast. also another western company release similar cars too.

and yea notice Fujimi did not have blade runner label. also they produced both model kit & completed car of Spinner. also they bluntly used the name Deckard for his sedan.

https://www.britmodeller.com/reviews/Fujimi/Blade Runner Deckard Sedan/Box Art.JPg

:rofl:

How times change. We wait 35 years for an official 1:6 Deckard, and when we finally get one the general response is...

Too bad it's Sideshow

Back in the day I would've been happy with a Hasbro Deckard using the Han Solo head (same as Indy).

This will be a great addition to Cult Classics.

:rofl:

How times change. We wait 35 years for an official 1:6 Deckard, and when we finally get one the general response is...

Back in the day I would've been happy with a Hasbro Deckard using the Han Solo head (same as Indy).

This will be a great addition to Cult Classics.

I would gladly take this in a heartbeat...likeness on the face is not perfect but clothing is spot on and you can clearly see that it is Deckard...Love this film enough to settle for a less than perfect likeness...problem is it does not appear that we are "finally getting one..." this seems to strictly be a display piece for the convention...

problem is it does not appear that we are "finally getting one..." this seems to strictly be a display piece for the convention...

It would be highly unprofessional to display a piece with no intention of selling it, and not offer any clarifying information. But if that's how SS wants to play it...

It would be highly unprofessional to display a piece with no intention of selling it, and not offer any clarifying information. But if that's how SS wants to play it...

would someone be kind enough to make a break with it and recast so we can buy them?

I spoke to one of the staff at the SS booth about it and they said this was a one-off passion project and was being displayed in hopes to show the license holders that there is interest. It seems a slim chance of happening but fingers crossed.

Best- S.

Yep...it sucks but they slapped a big "NOT FOR SALE" sticker on it which does not explain the reasons but at least displays their intent...

I spoke to one of the staff at the SS booth about it and they said this was a one-off passion project and was being displayed in hopes to show the license holders that there is interest. It seems a slim chance of happening but fingers crossed.

Best- S.

Well at least it's an answer... and about what was expected given the "not for sale". Bummer, I guess the long wait continues.

Back