Sideshow? - Rick Deckard - Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if a movie is a flop doesn't mean figures wouldn't sell. It depends on the demographics interested in the film, and the nature of the figures. But. . .I don't see figures from this movie selling. Seems more like a VTS type release.

BR 2049 is unfortunately on track to dramatically underperform at the Box Office...but unlike Valerian BR in general is a huge part of pop culture and is probably second only to Star Wars in over-all genre influence...plus unlike Valerian BR 2049 is one of the best reviewed films of the year...no fair comparison to Valerian and I would say that BR 2049 is more deserving of figures than 99% of Hot Toys' current output.

A full line would be amazing, but I'd settle for a Deckard and K if nothing else.

Curious to see how the movie does internationally, specifically China and Japan. We won't know about those for another few weeks, though.

Your blunt tone isn't helpful. The film is out a day. Give it time to breathe.

It's making $28.5M this weekend, that's estimate from the studio that handles the movie. It was tracking in the $40M+ range just a few days ago. There's no reason to let it breathe, it's on life support.

It's making $28.5M this weekend, that's estimate from the studio that handles the movie. It was tracking in the $40M+ range just a few days ago. There's no reason to let it breathe, it's on life support.

Eh, that doesn't bother me too much with this movie. This isn't something like a new Trek or Superman where I'm really pulling for a huge box office so we can continue to see further movies. The fact we just got this sequel 35 years later-- and the fact so many are calling it a new scifi masterpiece-- is good enough for me.

The original film under-performed at the box-office, and most reviews at the time were pretty scathing. Most people were expecting a Hollywood-esque sci-fi actioner, not an futuristic art movie. Yet it's acknowledged today as one of the best of the genre.

Bit odd though, it got really good reviews here.

And amazing reviews from the critics but there is probably an inverse correlation between quality and box office results so by that token we should not be surprised that a semi-masterpiece is not making much money. Eraserhead has amazing reviews how much money did that make and more importantly how much money would an equally well reviewed Eraserhead sequel make...popular approval is more often than not an indication of poor quality sadly...

It makes me sad to realise the type of moviegoers now.

Yeah, seeing Fast and the Furious merchandise last night at Target just reminded me of that…and stuff that’s being marketed to kids!

I hate to say it, but that’s why box office dynamics makes it difficult for certain licensed lines to succeed, esp. those “B-listers” in pop culture. And that's why it makes it easy for bootleggers to swoop in with their product at a hundred bucks less than Hot Toys at retail, while still making their venture economically advantageous...they're pretty much giving product that the market wants and can't get from legitimate channels.

I love the original, and I think 2049 was a great. My wife never saw the first one and she really liked it as well. I agree, though, that I see most people passing this by for something with more car chases and **** blowing up(not that I'm not a fan of that either). The die hard fans will sell out the theaters this weekend but after that, it's a toss up. Still, I loved it. Hope someone gives us quality figures from both films. I believe they'd sell if even 2049 doesn't make Marvel money.

BR 2049 is a work of art and if you compile a list of the greatest films of all time and put it next to the most successful films of all time you will find that there is very little overlap between the two lists. BR 2049 is on track to join the original Blade Runner and continue the longstanding tradition of great and artistic films failing to ignite the box office.

Word of mouth and continuous praise paired with no major releases until November means BR2049 is looking at 3-4 weeks at the top. It'll probably break even at least, but it is nowhere near a flop.

Let's not forget that Hot Toys made multiple Spirit figures. That was a flop.

BR 2049 is a work of art and if you compile a list of the greatest films of all time and put it next to the most successful films of all time you will find that there is very little overlap between the two lists. BR 2049 is on track to join the original Blade Runner and continue the longstanding tradition of great and artistic films failing to ignite the box office.

^this!^

Word of mouth and continuous praise paired with no major releases until November means BR2049 is looking at 3-4 weeks at the top. It'll probably break even at least, but it is nowhere near a flop.

Let's not forget that Hot Toys made multiple Spirit figures. That was a flop.

It might not even be #1 for two weeks.

I come here to read thoughts about dem figures.
Instead I read a lot of crap about film's box office...

Never change, SSF. :lol

I come here to read thought about dem figures.
Instead I read a lot of crap about film's box office...

Never change, SSF. :lol

Because:

Original Movie Bombs + Sequel Movie Bombs = Make High End Products. That a sound business decision. :lol

Back