Sideshow NOSFERATU statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the type of bull____ that pisses me off. Especially at this price point. I almost want to say no on general principle. If they expect to start a line and carry it, releasing someone stronger than Nosey seems what every logical person would've done. Most collectors would be more apt to add a Nosferatu to complete a line, then pick him up in the hopes that maaaaaaaaaybe Sideshow in all their infinite (seemingly lack of) wisdom would actually get to staples in the line, somewhere down the road. Given the track record with the dio line and the gaping hole of Wolfman in the bust line, I think this is only destined to be yet another line abandoned before completely realized. :monkey1

Like I said, I ordered Nosferatu...I am supporting the line. But I find myself agreeing that Sideshow really runs away from the Monsters (pun intended) if the sales arent stellar. If a gauge for how well a line will do is going to be based off Nossy---the line's dead before it starts. Ask Monarch models. Nossy was their first stab at a model kit. It sold out. But the owner has yet to release anything else besides a Sinbad kit that was about a year overdue from its initial release date.

Universal obviously demands a premium for their license, and that hurts the bottom line when jumping in on a product. But if you want to gauge interest--release either something that hasnt been seen at all yet, or one of the more popular monsters like Frankenstein or Creature.

Its too bad hearing the dioramas are dead, and that they didnt even fill out the entire production run. I wonder how many of each actually did get produced?:dunno

The statement, "If you want a line to survive, buy the product," really gets old. There are no guarantees that supporting a line will save it. And you invest hundreds of dollars to end up with 3 pieces. So much for a "collection." You really begin to question if what you get out is worth what you invest.

Do I want this line to continue? Absolutely. We haven't seen UM collectibles in a good while. But I'm not completely sold on Nosferatu, and I don't have the luxury of spending a few hundred just for the heck of it to see where this line will go.

SSE editions would be kind of cool, though.

The statement, "If you want a line to survive, buy the product," really gets old. There are no guarantees that supporting a line will save it. And you invest hundreds of dollars to end up with 3 pieces. So much for a "collection." You really begin to question if what you get out is worth what you invest.

Do I want this line to continue? Absolutely. We haven't seen UM collectibles in a good while. But I'm not completely sold on Nosferatu, and I don't have the luxury of spending a few hundred just for the heck of it to see where this line will go.

SSE editions would be kind of cool, though.

Interesting. Really. Most SSC collectibles loose their value even before they arrive at your home. Monetary value of collectibles is definitely not the most important aspect, but it's surely an aspect not to be neglected.

Interesting. Really. Most SSC collectibles loose their value even before they arrive at your home. Monetary value of collectibles is definitely not the most important aspect, but it's surely an aspect not to be neglected.

Well I wasn't even thinking in terms of buying items for potential monetary increase, although now that I read it, it does sound that way. But I was just thinking in terms of the value of investing a few hundred in a "line" when in the end you may only end up with a few items. Is it worth it in the end to have spent X amount of dollars on a line you were expecting to have some longevity when in the end you only end up with a handful of items?

That is exactly how I read your post choopie, longevity of the line and all that. I was excited by the diorama line, which petered out. I like the idea of this line as well, but am not sure it will have the legs to make it past three statues. Another line I am already prematurely concerned about is the new maquette line for LOTR, which is the line I am "supposed" to be limiting myself to. Already delayed, and SS is already changing the format somewhat...

Makes it hard to collect, for me at least. I want a line with legs which the company is going to back for years. Am I barking up the wrong tree.

All that said, I may order a SSE version of this... :wink1:

That is exactly how I read your post choopie, longevity of the line and all that. I was excited by the diorama line, which petered out. I like the idea of this line as well, but am not sure it will have the legs to make it past three statues. Another line I am already prematurely concerned about is the new maquette line for LOTR, which is the line I am "supposed" to be limiting myself to. Already delayed, and SS is already changing the format somewhat...

Makes it hard to collect, for me at least. I want a line with legs which the company is going to back for years. Am I barking up the wrong tree.

All that said, I may order a SSE version of this... :wink1:

SSE.SSE.SSE :D

Oh, just something ambiguous they stated in one of the ask sideshow features during Spook. Something about "blurring the lines between the maquette and diorama lines." I don't know exactly what it means, hopefully just that we can get multiple portraits, like pairs of hobbits, in the maquette line. I was really looking forward to that line, so I hope my expectations don't get dashed.

Oh, just something ambiguous they stated in one of the ask sideshow features during Spook. Something about "blurring the lines between the maquette and diorama lines." I don't know exactly what it means, hopefully just that we can get multiple portraits, like pairs of hobbits, in the maquette line. I was really looking forward to that line, so I hope my expectations don't get dashed.

Oh yeah, I saw that statement earlier. Hoping for the best. :hi5:

I bought the original PF about two years ago, and I want to say I paid around $400 for him. He was my holy grail, so totally worth it. I love him, and I'm sorry this piece just doesn't compete with it at all. Cannot get on board with that face sculpt no matter how badly I love this character.

Looking forward to future releases though, still no Creature in my collection.

Unfortunately, if this piece doesn't do well, there won't be any future releases to look forward to.

And, while the PF may look much better, for most of us, it is completely out of reach at this point. So I'm not sure there is really much value in comparing the two.

To think--that pf started out at a lousy $150. I cringed at that price. Luckily I got almost all of my pfs (except for Wolfman, Mummy, and Creature for painting models for folks and no cash. Its good to be a cheapskate.:lol

I think W.P. did a great job on this. And as a card-carrying Nosferatu fanatic you can never have too many!

i think its good , the head looks more like Count Olaf from a series of unfortunate events but still for a statue its great.

tracking down the old pfs is a _____ , i hope sideshow will remake the old pfs.

ps : instead of this sideshow should have made a Poelzig/Werdegast diorama from the Black Cat.

i hope sideshow will remake the old pfs.

I don't. They already arent worth much on the secondary market. Why re-issue them or worse make new entries of the same characters? Its not Marvel or Star Wars where they can just keep pumping out a multitude of the same character. Let the others keep their status as limited editions, and come out with something different.... or just quit altogether and let another company take a crack at it.:monkey3

no i mean make the same characters in different poses , like the bride of frankenstein set.

The Frankenstein Monster's pose from that "set" was an abomination. I always thought that Sideshow deliberately designed it that way so you'd have to shell out for both. Frank displayed alone looked really awkward doing that Egyptian shuffle.

The Frankenstein Monster's pose from that "set" was an abomination. I always thought that Sideshow deliberately designed it that way so you'd have to shell out for both. Frank displayed alone looked really awkward doing that Egyptian shuffle.

My memory fails me. Ws this Frankie the final entry in the pfs or was it Creature? Either way shortly after the lackluster sales of Creature and the crappy re-visiting of Frankie the line died horribly.:monkey2

Back