Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all your comments and opinions. appreciate it.

we just checked the brown shipping box, and it doesn't say "exclusive". but there is the number "114" written below. i think its quite clear to us that this is the regular version. on how he got the swords and make the bottom of the base as "exclusive" is a mystery.

sideshow is already investigating since both parties already submitted their photos. both parties claim they can show invoice for their purchase so we'll just wait and see for sideshow's result of the investigation.

here's the box:

IMG-20120228-WA0000.jpg

guys, are there fake sideshow prime maquette exclusive that you know of?

my friend just bought and got this a few weeks back here in the philippines:

https://www.ebay.ph/itm/270918866638#ht_6994wt_1139

then i came across this listing which ended yesterday:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...K:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1413

both are 114/150...so what do you think? fake?

Tell your friend the one bought seems to be missing the right bicep cover piece.

so here it is, from sideshow:

HKG Optimus Prime:

I’m sorry, but I’m afraid that the Optimus that you received may not be the exclusive article. - from Mike Tolentino

USA Optimus Prime:

I have reported your inquiry to my supervisor, Mike Tolentino, who will be investigating the matter. I have asked him if possible to provide you with a letter of certification as soon as possible. Please allow 3-4 business days for an update.

I guess my friend got the regular version and they faked the bottom of the base and possibly the swords. According to Sideshow, the US seller purchased his directly from them.

At least my friend will be getting all his money back.

Hopefully he can keep the statue and get his money back. That would teach the seller a lesson on counterfeiting.

so here it is, from sideshow:

HKG Optimus Prime:

I’m sorry, but I’m afraid that the Optimus that you received may not be the exclusive article. - from Mike Tolentino

USA Optimus Prime:

I have reported your inquiry to my supervisor, Mike Tolentino, who will be investigating the matter. I have asked him if possible to provide you with a letter of certification as soon as possible. Please allow 3-4 business days for an update.

I guess my friend got the regular version and they faked the bottom of the base and possibly the swords. According to Sideshow, the US seller purchased his directly from them.

At least my friend will be getting all his money back.

the problem isnt the price of the display case but the shipping cost. All shipping quotes have been $200+ due to the size of the case. That makes the display case to be $450+ shipped which is insane.

i remember someone was making collapse acrylic display cases, where you get shipped 5 panels then you can connect them together to make the case. Does anyone know?

i refuse to pay $450+ for an empty acrylic case!! damn this optimus prime and its giant round base.

Did you have any luck on a US-based supplier for an acrylic case or pedestal for him? Looking to get something with enough space to display with guns or swords and be completely covered. Also, what cabinets, etc. are people displaying this guy on? Need to get him off my kitchen table, heh.

Thanks in advance.

I just scored this, for a good deal and negotiation on ebay. I am from Canada and the listing was also in Ontario. So that means, no tax, no crappy custom fees! Woot!
And I got it...for just over retail...SHIPPED.

Woot! :yess:

Did you have any luck on a US-based supplier for an acrylic case or pedestal for him? Looking to get something with enough space to display with guns or swords and be completely covered. Also, what cabinets, etc. are people displaying this guy on? Need to get him off my kitchen table, heh.

Thanks in advance.

you should pm me, i dont followup on those threads :) but you are in luck, i found the perfect display for him. Forget the acrylic cases and pedestal, they are a waste of money. What you need is the ikea PAX with custom acrylic panels. It is the ONLY display i am able to find (trust me i searched everything) under $2000 that can display him correctly. It has a 22" real shelf depth to display him in.

Here's a photo, as you can see he fits perfectly. I will post some details on how to get the right pax when have some time.

Total cost include custom panels is $800. Minus individual shelf led, it's about $600.

pax1.jpg

pax7.jpg

Back