Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, if you hear a noise inside the base, wouldn't that mean that part of the inside has broken off, which would cause the overall base to be weaker..?

...I'd get a replacement.

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

Uh, if you hear a noise inside the base, wouldn't that mean that part of the inside has broken off, which would cause the overall base to be weaker..?

...I'd get a replacement.

Nope. It is not a problem at all. I have lots of Sideshow bases just like that.

Last edited:
FYI, I spoke to Sideshow and they said the noise inside is expected from a hollow polystone base. As the mold is created from polystone, certain polystone inside cools down and parts fall off inside.

I wish they didn't make it hollow...light..oh well.

The upper body is strap down from the back. I loosen it out already, but I'm having a difficult time pulling his body out of the foam.

Can someone help?

It is a double wire on the top behind the neck and another double wire around his chest. I separated the 2 wires around the chest and that way was easier. The top one behind the neck I pushed the wires from the back in the foam case and once I had some gap I removed his upper body.
Be very calm and careful!

oh boy...thanks for the info.

I was thinking about cutting the wire off completely and replace it down the road if I need to put it back in the box.

It is a double wire on the top behind the neck and another double wire around his chest. I separated the 2 wires around the chest and that way was easier. The top one behind the neck I pushed the wires from the back in the foam case and once I had some gap I removed his upper body.
Be very calm and careful!

pictures dont do this thing justice and im honest to god not just saying that because i own it.

slowly unwrapping it now and im blown away at how good this thing looks, im like nervously excited, this thing is HUGE :):):):):)

yep +1

I'm finally done making sure everything is intact and not broken..

He's huge. When I walk into the room, first thing...I noticed...WOW...the base is perfect for his size...it wraps around him basically...tha'ts what really bring out the statue...the base is beautiful and the perfect size.

I don't think he's SKINNY or FAT...but he's right in the middle.

the paint job is not perfect, but I don't expect it from the folks on the assembly line. There are just toooo many little parts and paints that I would find it difficult for them to capture on the assembly line.

I didn't put the guns or swords because I'm afraid I might knock it over. The magnet of the gun/fists are very strong. However, the arm piece is not magnet at all.

Overall, I love it...not because I have it...get the regular version if you can't get the Exclusive... I like this more than my Doom PF. Doom PF is a piece of art, but Transformers is what I love more as a character.

And the million dollar question...is he worth it? Hell yell...he looks more expensive than my other statues. Think about this...you see people paying 1/4 statues going for $1300 or more right...well...this one blows away many of the $1300 price tag and this one far exceed it in terms of "WOW" factor. Forget that this cost $1300...already I feel that this statue is above all statues that I have, including Doom PF Exclusive. Even if it was price at $400 for this statue, the price will skyrocket in the aftermarket.

Sideshow, please please make another charaters with the same base! PLEASE...I beg you.

img1659ae.jpg

pictures dont do this thing justice and im honest to god not just saying that because i own it.

slowly unwrapping it now and im blown away at how good this thing looks, im like nervously excited, this thing is HUGE :):):):):)

Last edited:
I don't have good lighting and background :(, but here are some close up pictures.

img1661n.jpg

img1662tb.jpg

Too thin and for the price should have a light up feature.
I hate to sound like a ******, and I'm glad the majority of those who purchased this are happy with it.. But I personally agree, this thing is way over priced.
Not trying to make anyone feel bad about buying this, just voicing my opinion..

IMO the "battle damage" doesn't look very realistic, and the small paint slops on the head (pictures from a few pages ago I believe) are just absolutely ridiculous.
I understand that it has several small parts, but I don't think that alone can justify such a high price..
I'm shocked that some jackass tried covering up actual damage done to the $1200 statue, and it got passed QC.
Well I'm not shocked.. It's expected from SS.. Just so outrageous.

The 39 inch long Predalien bust is $1250.. this is what, 20 inches high? 22-24 with the base?

Maybe I'm missing something, idunno.

I hate to sound like a ******, and I'm glad the majority of those who purchased this are happy with it.. But I personally agree, this thing is way over priced.
Not trying to make anyone feel bad about buying this, just voicing my opinion..

IMO the "battle damage" doesn't look very realistic, and the small paint slops on the head (pictures from a few pages ago I believe) are just absolutely ridiculous.
I understand that it has several small parts, but I don't think that alone can justify such a high price..
I'm shocked that some jackass tried covering up actual damage done to the $1200 statue, and it got passed QC.
Well I'm not shocked.. It's expected from SS.. Just so outrageous.

The 39 inch long Predalien bust is $1250.. this is what, 20 inches high? 22-24 with the base?

Maybe I'm missing something, idunno.

Um..... Did you see this one in hand or I should say do you own one, the in hand pics is a lot batter then the pic we pose here, I mean it look bigger and more detail, I never thought I will buy a $1200 statue, but I am not regret at all, this is one of the best statue IMO .

Back