Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was interested in seeing the pinstripes and dissapointed like others they were not there. What did surprise me is that "weathered" look they tried to add. Is that a light blue paint they added to the top or just lighting. I hate that color and the way it looks if they did add that. It looked better before. For me both this and Neytiri are major let downs that keep getting worse.

its just lighting, look at the vid and you can see

the perfect optimus prime

lbw, if you want to post pics, please consider the size. That pic was way too big.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pin stripes are on all the flames. I've seen them...BUT

The head, the eyes, the wind-sheild wipers, the finger joints, the helmet,the horrendous silver paint....

Call me a hater, but the incredible detail that makes Optimus such an incredible film character is gone.
I'd happily shell out 5-600 for this but 1200 plus shipping and duty and taxes? Nope. Can't.

The pin stripes are on all the flames. I've seen them...BUT

The head, the eyes, the wind-sheild wipers, the finger joints, the helmet,the horrendous silver paint....

Call me a hater, but the incredible detail that makes Optimus such an incredible film character is gone.
I'd happily shell out 5-600 for this but 1200 plus shipping and duty and taxes? Nope. Can't.

ok. Hater!

If you all want a truly worth while, accurate and lovingly created, fully poseable statue then commission this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/grinkrystal#p/u/27/s3Swt1ewr6M
This piece is good for modellers to use as referance but nothing else. Its all been done better and cheaper by the custom TF community out there.
Are the pics on sideshows site the only ones out there of this? Im planning something and could use the referance material.

Congrats to anyone that is getting this iwish I could afford this peice but got to much other stuff on order and sideshow is going to do a decipticon next . There is just so much detail in this piece.

They are waiting for the movie coming out in a few months to see what they are going to do next in the line. Especially if this piece sells out fast they should definitely be continuing to do more.

If you all want a truly worth while, accurate and lovingly created, fully poseable statue then commission this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/grinkrystal#p/u/27/s3Swt1ewr6M
This piece is good for modellers to use as referance but nothing else. Its all been done better and cheaper by the custom TF community out there.
Are the pics on sideshows site the only ones out there of this? Im planning something and could use the referance material.

What I want, is what you see in the film, as a statue. The customs are great and all, but there's just not enough detail.

What I want, is what you see in the film, as a statue. The customs are great and all, but there's just not enough detail.

I totally agree with you. And no matter how much you customize a toy, it's still never going to be what you see on screen with these Transformers robots. With a statue, using individual resin parts, detailed out the ass, you can come a Hell of lot closer to duplicating what is on screen than a toy can ever come.

They are waiting for the movie coming out in a few months to see what they are going to do next in the line. Especially if this piece sells out fast they should definitely be continuing to do more.

i hope you are right but i really doubt that we'll see other transformers on our shelves

i hope you are right but i really doubt that we'll see other transformers on our shelves

i doubt they do another one as well considering the complexity.

and if they do, maybe in 2014 you will get it lol. these pieces take foreverrrrrrrrrrr :impatient:

Back