Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect we'll see this in April. But March would be cool too.
Then again, we could end up with the same type of fiasco that went down with the AMP Suit--major delay and bad QC. Trying not to go there but that seems to be the tune that SS is playing with these big maquettes.

if the same thing happen with this piece and we are not happy with it, if the piece is damage, do we get the NRD back??

I received an email on Monday that my waiting list on Optimus Prime Exclusive will be converting on Wednesday, which is today. I'm going to call SS on Monday to see if it in-stock or still pre-order item. If it's in-stock item, i guess i have to switch credit card then. Happy as hell I got this as part of my collection. Thank God, I've passed the regular version and take a change on the waiting list. I prefer my with the swords.

I received an email on Monday that my waiting list on Optimus Prime Exclusive will be converting on Wednesday, which is today. I'm going to call SS on Monday to see if it in-stock or still pre-order item. If it's in-stock item, i guess i have to switch credit card then. Happy as hell I got this as part of my collection. Thank God, I've passed the regular version and take a change on the waiting list. I prefer my with the swords.

Congratzzzzzz

WOW, Congrats on the conversion!

Even after 24 years, this still gives me goosebumps...just watched the movie on dvd with my five year old. :clap
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WSCQXGbQOsM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WSCQXGbQOsM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I really dont want this piece anymore, just because I KNOW its going to show up with a million issues. But I also dont want to lose $250. So once I get it..its going right back. Unless anyone wants to give me 2k for it? :wink1:

Chris

I really dont want this piece anymore, just because I KNOW its going to show up with a million issues. But I also dont want to lose $250. So once I get it..its going right back. Unless anyone wants to give me 2k for it? :wink1:

Chris

I have been thinking about the same thing,and still no updated pics yet like they said they would reveal including pin stripes.

I'm on the fence...I wanted the swords, but with shipping and duty, I'm very concerned about the bottom line.

Do you think it's likely that they will do another version, with Leds, metal and more detail in the head? I haven't seen many convincing pics of the paint job...

Even after 24 years, this still gives me goosebumps...just watched the movie on dvd with my five year old. :clap
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WSCQXGbQOsM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WSCQXGbQOsM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol.....Prime should have b*tch slapped Hot Rod....

i'm on the fence too

shipping, taxes, quality problems... i have a really bad feeling about this piece

Back