Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW guys, i think SS left out a 1 when they listed the weight.
Saw this from a reputable retailer...secretcompass.

Product Size:24" H (609.6mm) x 17" W (431.8mm) x 19" D (482.6mm)
Product Weight:
18.00 lbs
Box Size:
28.00" H (711.2mm) x 21.00" W (533.4mm) x 19.00" L (482.6mm)*
Est. Shipping Weight:
24.00 lbs

That makes sense, they left out the 1.

Well I finally broke down and got the reg. I had the ex. in my cart last night but I decided to switch to flexpay by the time it was all said and done they were sold out. I honestly didn't think they would have sold out that fast and something tells me that if sideshow didn't release the es. they would have been up a lot longer. Oh well what do ya do.

I really hope they come out with another piece for this line. Optimus will get real lonely by himself.

The exclusive isn't worth more than the original price. Anyone willing to pay more is an idiot

im sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things i have ever read. you might as well have said anyone who buys any exclusive piece for more than retail is an idiot, and i guarantee almost all of us have payed more than retail for multiple exclusive pieces. i told you guys this was gonna sell out hella quick and that the Ex will sky rocket in value down the road cause they aint releasing anymore of these maquettes for a long time and this piece has no competition really from a detail stand point. another fail for SS on the ES of this piece. a super popular character, and they only release 100 of the ex?

Just got home from work. I am so happy I got one EX last night.
Now I just hope they come up with a BumbleBee next year so I can display them side by side!

:pray:
bumblebee.jpg

Just got home from work. I am so happy I got one EX last night.
Now I just hope they come up with a BumbleBee next year so I can display them side by side!

im sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things i have ever read. you might as well have said anyone who buys any exclusive piece for more than retail is an idiot, and i guarantee almost all of us have payed more than retail for multiple exclusive pieces. i told you guys this was gonna sell out hella quick and that the Ex will sky rocket in value down the road cause they aint releasing anymore of these maquettes for a long time and this piece has no competition really from a detail stand point. another fail for SS on the ES of this piece. a super popular character, and they only release 100 of the ex?

AZUREPRED is 100% right. Only people that didnt get the EX or couldnt budget the statue in their life cry about how stupid it is or how expensive it is. I got an EX :pfft:

Limiting the EX to 100 on a $1200 piece doesn't sound too bad to me. If this had gone up with a TBD edition size they still might not have sold all 100 yet--but when you can see that counter dropping down it lights a fire under your butt and you order first and think about it later.

I honestly dont understand what people are crying about. I love the fact this piece is limited to 100. For the $1200 investment im glad it carries with it a scense of exclusivity. If they said this was an ES of 1000 I wouldnt have bought it, their nothing exlusive about 1000+ pieces. So good on SS for making this a rare ticket item.
And im not just saying this because I got one...:wink1:

Chris

I'm actually glad that I am not totally digging the pose (wish the arms were poseable).

Allows me to save the money. But I am bummed at the same time, because outside of the pose, the piece is beautiful.

I honestly dont understand what people are crying about. I love the fact this piece is limited to 100. For the $1200 investment im glad it carries with it a scense of exclusivity. If they said this was an ES of 1000 I wouldnt have bought it, their nothing exlusive about 1000+ pieces. So good on SS for making this a rare ticket item.
And im not just saying this because I got one...:wink1:

Chris

I am a new sideshow collector, this is the 3nd one I brought, I am totally aggre with you, limited with 100 is call exclusive ! It has to be special, or it should sale for less then $1000!!

man i was so dissapointed last night and its my fault i didnt get one. i did a quick restart on my computer(pretty fast gaming rig) because i thought it was my computer that was running slow but it was really the website. derrrrrrrr.....:slap

i jumped on this early, had it in my cart but the checkout screens were taking forever and thats when it popped up and said zero left and i was like :(:(:panic::panic::thud::thud:

mine is WB138299

im going to call and see if SS can tell me how far down the waitlist i am. may just say screw it and get the reg edition, not sure yet tho.

Not sure if this means anything who got on the WL first but mine ends with 52,and you 99.

Not sure if this means anything who got on the WL first but mine ends with 52,and you 99.

yeah i have no idea. my guess is that you are in front of me however. i called SS today and unfortunately they have no way of knowing who is next on the waitlist.

thinking of ordering a regular edition but keeping my EX waitlist order as well in hopes that it converts. that way im assured to get one and still have the opportunity to get an EX.

Wasting 240$ if it converts though,but yeah ive been thinking the same thing once the low quantity alert shows on the regular,i really don't want to pay over 2000$ for this later.

Wasting 240$ if it converts though,but yeah ive been thinking the same thing once the low quantity alert shows on the regular,i really don't want to pay over 2000$ for this later.

but that's the good part, i wouldn't be wasting anything. I called SS, explained i wanted the EX piece but didn't want to miss out on the piece all together. I was told i could go ahead buy the reg edition and keep my EX waitlist as well. If the waitlist ever converts they said they would just swap my reg edition payments over to the EX piece.

They are willing to move the payments around for you and understand you want the EX piece. Its a win-win situation. You lock in the reg edition piece with the opportunity to get the EX still and wont lose out on the non refundable deposit :wink1: I was happy they are willing to do that!!!

but that's the good part, i wouldn't be wasting anything. I called SS, explained i wanted the EX piece but didn't want to miss out on the piece all together. I was told i could go ahead buy the reg edition and keep my EX waitlist as well. If the waitlist ever converts they said they would just swap my reg edition payments over to the EX piece.

They are willing to move the payments around for you and understand you want the EX piece. Its a win-win situation. You lock in the reg edition piece with the opportunity to get the EX still and wont lose out on the non refundable deposit :wink1: I was happy they are willing to do that!!!

Thanks for this info :) Very useful. Well, on the other hand it's win win solution for them too. They know the chance of wait list get converted is very unlikely and the chance of selling regular piece is also low, since most people prefer exclusive edition. That way they can sell regular edition as well. If all people in the wait list think like u(n me lol) they can end up selling all regular with some wait list converted. It's more like win solution for them lol.

But I will do it as well. I like your idea.

Not a big fan but I think this will be one of those pieces that must be seen to really appreciate how awesome it is. No amount of pictures will do it justice. Kudos to all that are getting one.

Congratulations to all of you who got the exclusive version. At least you all are real collector, I am glad :)

Back