SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

hmmm. wish they would start making different exclusives, the old change o head is getting a little boring, i mean once you've seen one tony face sculpt, i think that's good enough. what are we a bunch of tony lovers :rotfl:rotfl

What would you rather the exclusive be then? Hmmm... change-o-heads make the most sense. Granted on this piece his face shield (lid) should come up and show off his face regardless if it's a regular or exclusive. Perhaps he can come with his old scrawny buddy with the glasses as an exclusive item.. or a section of the cave he came from... or a car battery... or or a swift kick in the ass. The ideas are endless!

What would you rather the exclusive be then? Hmmm... change-o-heads make the most sense. Granted on this piece his face shield (lid) should come up and show off his face regardless if it's a regular or exclusive. Perhaps he can come with his old scrawny buddy with the glasses as an exclusive item.. or a section of the cave he came from... or a car battery... or or a swift kick in the ass. The ideas are endless!

:naughty:naughty yeah i like the car battery idea. kinda like spidey with the camera :banana

The sculptor of this piece is posting over at Statue Forum. Apparently everyone who has seen it is blown away. Also the Exclusive is being touted as a Change-o-Head.

If the ES is large, the thread will go dead. I swear like 80% of those guys are flippers/scalpers.

If the ES is large, the thread will go dead. I swear like 80% of those guys are flippers/scalpers.

Kinda of an overstatement, but yeah they do have their share of flippers/scalpers.

Kinda of an overstatement, but yeah they do have their share of flippers/scalpers.

A bit, :example: but as soon as they announced the ES on P.Hulk/S.Surfer that thread went dead due to all the whining.

hmmm. wish they would start making different exclusives, the old change o head is getting a little boring, i mean once you've seen one tony face sculpt, i think that's good enough. what are we a bunch of tony lovers :rotfl:rotfl

This IS different. While all the other Tony Stark heads have been Comic Book Based, this is the FILM Mark 01 which means the headsculpt underneath should be of Robert Downey Jr. Its the first time we've gotten an SSC RDJ sculpt!

This IS different. While all the other Tony Stark heads have been Comic Book Based, this is the FILM Mark 01 which means the headsculpt underneath should be of Robert Downey Jr. Its the first time we've gotten an SSC RDJ sculpt!

yeah good point, never thought of that.:banana

A bit, :example: but as soon as they announced the ES on P.Hulk/S.Surfer that thread went dead due to all the whining.
Yeah, that thread did go dead. I am glad if they cancel though, so I could get an EX!!! But yeah, there is flipping/scalping everywhere. :( Can't wait to get that dio though.

Yeah, that thread did go dead. I am glad if they cancel though, so I could get an EX!!! But yeah, there is flipping/scalping everywhere. :( Can't wait to get that dio though.

Yeah I guess that thread went did really quick because of all the Iron Man stuff coming out and along with the Spooktacular and most of those releases being mainly in the middle of next year, that's if they stay true to the ETA dates...

I've still got my ex pre-ordered with Hulk and Silver, it will take a lot for me to cancel that pre-order...

Question is, will the likness be there?

Now that is the $100,000 question now isn't it. The sculptor of the piece is someone I've personally never heard of but comes very regarded over on SF. He also said he didn't sculpt the facial sculpt....that is what I'm seriously waiting for.

Like we don't have those guys here either...:rolleyes:

no :horrornot here:rotfl:rotfl, really if you have the money and you want to risk it then go ahead and spend it. if you want a reg version, then wait till avter release, if you want a ex.version then get on the pre'o.

as for these guys running up the es, f'm since if ss really wants the es low, then all they have to do is cut off the order time. for some reason i can't see them doing that.
to much money to be made.

wow look good

showthread.php

Now that is the $100,000 question now isn't it. The sculptor of the piece is someone I've personally never heard of but comes very regarded over on SF. He also said he didn't sculpt the facial sculpt....that is what I'm seriously waiting for.

erick sosa is amazing! he sculpted the bowen deadpool and x-men beast FS.

Go to thesculptorscorner.com to check out some of his works. Pretty good with wax and mechanical stuff. I say the teaser alone shows his persistence in the statue. Wait til the pics is my advice. I am sure it will look good.

Back