SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

If it is that 1/3 scale and it lights up - gonna have to get it. Will fit in great with the Cinemaquettes. I just hope it isn't CMQ prices.

Do we know for sure its that one?

no. we don't, but it's a good bet.

SSC has a relationship with SWS and movie maquettes are frequently built at 1/3 scale and we've seen the Stan Lee video. And the SWS stuff is always based on actual maquettes used for the motion picture production.

Don't know much about marvel, but is Ironman like a stormtrooper? These 2 seem like the only figures being released in the SW line and Marvel.

awesome!!!!! :rock hopefully its the movie version!!!!!!! This is a must have. Keep IM coming SS!!!!

It is definitely the film one.

Dear god, another ^^^^ing Iron Man statue

I know its ^^^^ING GREAT!!!! :rock

Hope it's 1/4 scale.

Its probably the 1/3rd from the Stan Lee video

Great and welcomed but not yet iconic. This would be iconic

classicmarkoi8.jpg

Awesome news. I hope its from Stan Winston Studios.

Since the Mark 03 1:1 was this is a sure thing.

If it's 1/4 scale.....:banana:banana:banana

Probably 1/3 but they could have taken that design and made it 1/4 to fit in with the other pieces.

Cool can't wait to see what this looks like :D
Mark 2 would also be cool to see :rock

Rumor goes that there were maquettes created for all 3 Mark Designs as well as an Iron Monger.

will probably cost 1 k.

I'm guessing about $799

Is it? Stan Winston Maquette?

Can you confirm, or is this just a bunch of you 'north of the border' shenanigans?

Shai is pretty dead on with this especially since we've seen it before in the Stan Lee interview.

dont know more than you jake, but this maquette was rumored to be produced by stan winston for the movie and would be reproduce and sold by Sideshow months ago..so I guess this is it.... We will see next week...

There is also rumor of the Mark 03 being produced at the same time in this same scale.

i think, in the 500+ it would be a good investment, especially with the mass marvel marketing that is coming forth with the release of all the new movies.
and by then the world will be running smoothly again, and there will be lots of $$$$ flying around.

of course i all depends on what it looks like, and how it lights up etc. man it would be sweet if if was all metal :horror:horror

Looking at the chest, the light looks painted on not lit up. Also if its a maquette in the real sense of the word that Stan Winston Studios would have used it with its simply to keep design continuity for the propmakers of the film. It'd actually rather it be more like the ones that SWS actually used then to have it "upgraded" to be more of a Sideshowesque piece.

If it's by SWS and the one shown in that clip, will be much more than $500. I'm guessing more like $800-$1k. And I've never paid that much for a retail item. hmmm......

I think you are about right...I'm holding strong at $799

I dont care what it costs im getting one.

Agreed. I'm a huge Iron Man fanboy and this and the Mark 03 1:1 are perfect centerpieces.

If it is that 1/3 scale and it lights up - gonna have to get it. Will fit in great with the Cinemaquettes. I just hope it isn't CMQ prices.

I really don't think it'll light up because I remember reading that the original SWS Maquette which was given to Stan Lee didn't light up somewhere...I'll see if I can find the webpiece on it. Although it'll definitely be impressive to own and be the "Biker Scout" for the Marvel line.

Don't know much about marvel, but is Ironman like a stormtrooper? These 2 seem like the only figures being released in the SW line and Marvel.

:lol It would seem that way wouldn't it.

All I have to say is.......Sideshow, where o' where is my Daredevil PF? :confused:

The Mark 1 comiquette looks like it will be a hit. It fact it seems like it already is, but after this, I think Sideshow needs to put Iron Man on the back burner for A WHILE. There's WAY too many heroes that have been over-looked (or at least due for some attention.)

But again, not trying to spoil the party. It looks like it will be amazing, as is Sideshow's work in general. Congrats to Iron Man fans! :rock

It is definitely the film one.

I know its ^^^^ING GREAT!!!! :rock

Its probably the 1/3rd from the Stan Lee video

Great and welcomed but not yet iconic. This would be iconic

classicmarkoi8.jpg

Since the Mark 03 1:1 was this is a sure thing.

Probably 1/3 but they could have taken that design and made it 1/4 to fit in with the other pieces.

Rumor goes that there were maquettes created for all 3 Mark Designs as well as an Iron Monger.

I'm guessing about $799

Shai is pretty dead on with this especially since we've seen it before in the Stan Lee interview.

There is also rumor of the Mark 03 being produced at the same time in this same scale.

Looking at the chest, the light looks painted on not lit up. Also if its a maquette in the real sense of the word that Stan Winston Studios would have used it with its simply to keep design continuity for the propmakers of the film. It'd actually rather it be more like the ones that SWS actually used then to have it "upgraded" to be more of a Sideshowesque piece.

I think you are about right...I'm holding strong at $799

Agreed. I'm a huge Iron Man fanboy and this and the Mark 03 1:1 are perfect centerpieces.

I really don't think it'll light up because I remember reading that the original SWS Maquette which was given to Stan Lee didn't light up somewhere...I'll see if I can find the webpiece on it. Although it'll definitely be impressive to own and be the "Biker Scout" for the Marvel line.

What's the record for multiquotes? If it's less than 14, The Mike just took it.

This is apples and oranges. Its a Maquette and not a Comiquette because its not based on Comic Designs hence the "Comi" part of the name. Also this is part of the SSC's promise waaaaaay back when to offer more Iron Man film product in July. This is completely separate from the Marvel film line. It IS still another Iron Man product, which is no complaint here, but it is for a different line. It should not effect any of the standard Marvel offerings because it is a 2nd film offering and not another Comic based offering.

Very...very cool...I will be getting this...However, I rather get some of 'The Mike' avatar...

Judging by the preview pic it is definitely not the Stan Winston one. Hopefully it'll be a replica of the SW one in the 1/4 scale though.

Hope it's 1/4 scale.

Where the hell is the Hulk Maquette Dammit :banghead

didn't you talk to the sculptors that sculpted this piece at comic con about this? why u acting like you don't know anything ? :emperor

it's big, like the one on the youtube video ...

also, for eveyone wondering...not the same one from the Stan Lee video. Different sculpt but big.

Does this mean a 1/4 Iron Man Mk III on the way too? Cos that would be ace...

Back