Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposed to be sending it out in the next day or two they have told me. And yes they will provide tracking also.

The returns department are a bit snowed under I was told by customer service. So expect a reply after a few days or so.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers. Now I'm waiting on Sideshow and hope that they will replace Wolverine's body.

Edit: I received an email from Sideshow, they're sending a new body for Wolverine. Hope it will be a good one.

anybody displaying this piece only as a Hulk statue? turn him a little and you can't even see the key hole and you have a nice standalone Hulk statue

anybody displaying this piece only as a Hulk statue? turn him a little and you can't even see the key hole and you have a nice standalone Hulk statue

No, I wouldn't even consider it. After how long I've waited for SSC to release this, no way I'd display the HULK on his own. However, I'm a HUGE Wolverine and HULK fan so I have no reason to display either of them alone. This MAQ just looks spectacular when assembled. Both HULK and Wolverine turned out AWESOME.

This is how I'm considering displaying mine. It will be here Tuesday by end of day. I'm not a Wolverine fan at all but the Hulk sculpt is outstanding and I can't pass it up. Once I get it in hand I will go from there. Here is a picture of what Hulk would look like by himself. I think I posted this pic around page 160. 001.jpg

Here is a really bad picture of my display. If I display Hulk with Wolverine I will put them in the center. Without Wolverine I will put Hulk facing Red Hulk Comiquette. 001.jpg

Here is a really bad picture of my display. If I display Hulk with Wolverine I will put them in the center. Without Wolverine I will put Hulk facing Red Hulk Comiquette. View attachment 329350

I would sell one of you comiquettes, two of your new pfs (red and green) and either gladiator or king. Take that money and get the original hulk pf..... why have repeats when you can have all the versions. That is what I would do anyways.either way your setup is killer.

Thanks for your answers. Now I'm waiting on Sideshow and hope that they will replace Wolverine's body.

Edit: I received an email from Sideshow, they're sending a new body for Wolverine. Hope it will be a good one.

Did they ask you to smash the one that's broken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would sell one of you comiquettes, two of your new pfs (red and green) and either gladiator or king. Take that money and get the original hulk pf..... why have repeats when you can have all the versions. That is what I would do anyways.either way your setup is killer.

Thanks for the input Jaws. You, Radd Titan and one of the biggest Hulk collectors Ratchet, are the main reason I got into this hobby and a few others that I admire. I did think about that when I started collecting two years ago. Although they are repeats there are variations in their appearances. There are three Hulks that I just don't like, the OG Hulk PF, just looks like a green monkey to me. The movie Hulk, looks to much like a chubby Ruffalo and the Hulk from ECC (would not except this Hulk if it was free) They are all top notch statues just not for me. I do like the Hulk from XM and will pick that up in the future, am I hijacking this thread? If I did sorry guys.

Thanks for the input Jaws. You, Radd Titan and one of the biggest Hulk collectors Ratchet, are the main reason I got into this hobby and a few others that I admire. I did think about that when I started collecting two years ago. Although they are repeats there are variations in their appearances. There are three Hulks that I just don't like, the OG Hulk PF, just looks like a green monkey to me. The movie Hulk, looks to much like a chubby Ruffalo and the Hulk from ECC (would not except this Hulk if it was free) They are all top notch statues just not for me. I do like the Hulk from XM and will pick that up in the future, am I hijacking this thread? If I did sorry guys.

Thanks for the kind words... That's some great company to be mentioned with.

Hey I get you... I was not in love with the OG Hulk design wise. But I just think the product / paint / and body sculpt are some of SSC best.. I had it and sold it. I had to sell it for funds but it was expendable because I was not 100% in love with it. I regret it though since I have the other SSC Large Hulks and now there is a hole in my collection :lol

But yeah if you don't like it then stay the course. I had King and Gladiator at the same time and all the rainbow hulks... Space forced me to sell repeat sculpts though.

Thanks for the kind words... That's some great company to be mentioned with.

Hey I get you... I was not in love with the OG Hulk design wise. But I just think the product / paint / and body sculpt are some of SSC best.. I had it and sold it. I had to sell it for funds but it was expendable because I was not 100% in love with it. I regret it though since I have the other SSC Large Hulks and now there is a hole in my collection :lol

But yeah if you don't like it then stay the course. I had King and Gladiator at the same time and all the rainbow hulks... Space forced me to sell repeat sculpts though.

Your welcome!! That sucks about the space. I have a 800+ square foot finished basement, I just need more funds!! I had to finally breakdown and get glasses, it sucks getting old (I'm 53 in April) cost me $650!! That's another Hulk! I've been married for 31 years next week, might have to talk the wife in getting a anniversary Hulk. I have the Hulk - Wolverine coming in Tuesday but now they are calling for snow, I'm in MD. Even at my age I'm still a little impatient.

Your welcome!! That sucks about the space. I have a 800+ square foot finished basement, I just need more funds!! I had to finally breakdown and get glasses, it sucks getting old (I'm 53 in April) cost me $650!! That's another Hulk! I've been married for 31 years next week, might have to talk the wife in getting a anniversary Hulk. I have the Hulk - Wolverine coming in Tuesday but now they are calling for snow, I'm in MD. Even at my age I'm still a little impatient.

Yeah.. I am 45 years old... Had to get glasses a few years ago. Nice to talk to another middle aged man child. :)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Hulk vs Wolverine.

No Matt the age, there's still the kid in us. We still collect toys haha

Did they ask you to smash the one that's broken?

They did with mine. Told me to destroy it within 5 days of receiving the other. Also to submit photos.

Seems to depend on who you get in the handling of your replacement part. Some make you some don't.

Last edited:
They did with mine. Told me to destroy it within 5 days of receiving the other. Also to submit photos.

Seems to depend on who you get in the handling of your replacement part. Some make you some don't.

Yes, but after I received my replacement and inspect it as OK.

Same here with my Red Sonja EX. I was asked to inspect my replacement when received ...if acceptable to me, then destroy the original Red Sonja EX within 5 days. I took all four days to inspect every inch of the replacement. Also took all that time to compare the replacement with the original to make sure nothing else was wrong with the replacement.

And wouldn't you know it ....it still felt unnatural to slam a statue onto concrete ...even if it was defective. Crazy!

Guys. A lil off topic. The new hulk for the avengers assemble line will be in this same scale correct? 1/5. So size will be pretty much the same as this dio.

Back