Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being complete level here I thing that this should come in at the $700-$800 mark. It is only 1/5 and while it is huge it isn't like the Hulk PF wasn't massive too.

Not very useful to debate pricing. It's clear that size-complexity-license are not the only deciding factors. Like every other business, they surely look at the big picture and how all their projects fit together in terms of pricings. Which is why the Spidey PF with its 7500 edition size + 1250 pieces variant is priced the same of the Brown Wolverine PF even if the latter has nearly half the produced units.
Since we don't have those datas, forcing logic into it is a fallacy, it's like when people were expecting the Death Siren to be 800$ because of the size. Or Xiall being 600$ while Cleopsis is 450$.
Bottom line, they want to sell this dio, so it won't be priced crazy high imho. Something around 700$ would be already pushing it in my books.

No matter, we will discuss and debate pricing.

"We're bad guys, it's what we do." - Harley Quinn

Last edited:
You would think logically as ES numbers increase, prices should actually come down a bit as they spread costs over more pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, if this piece cost way more than $600 then might as well save for a good 1/4 PF. Mr. Green can pass on this since it's still a 1/5 after all and the quality on Hulk is questionable. Wolverine looks good enough but not so on Hulk. Waiting on life-size Wonder Woman bust.

Wolverine sculpt and pose look fantastic, as for Hulk(?), not so much. Don't know what it is yet, but Hulk sculpt looks off to me, seemingly not as refined as Wolverine. As if Wolverine and Hulk were sculpted by two different people. More pics/vids needed, and let's see what the EX brings.

I only collect Hulks (with a couple rare exceptions) and I'm not usually a nit-picky complainer. When I saw the new Hulk vs. Wolverine dio pics coming out of SDCC, I really loved the Hulk's longer, more savage hair. I also love how they gave him masculine eyebrows (something that's been missing from many Hulk statues, oddly enough). But, I'll be honest, something about the Hulk's face looked off. Honest to God, when I first saw the pic, I thought it was a commissioned Hulk statue and not an officially licensed release. I *think* the upper lip is distracting. If you look in the mirror and try to replicate an expression of screaming rage, your upper lip doesn't curl up in a "duckface" like that. I did a very quick, super crude Photoshop comparison. Am I crazy here? What do you guys think? And does the Hulk's pose look a little stiff? Am I just being petty?

face4Text_zpsnmvurdif.jpg

I just spent $750 for the iron studio legacy spidey. That price tag is where i draw the line. If this figure costs more, i'm going to sit out on it and admire it in your collections as you post pics or videos.

I only collect Hulks (with a couple rare exceptions) and I'm not usually a nit-picky complainer. When I saw the new Hulk vs. Wolverine dio pics coming out of SDCC, I really loved the Hulk's longer, more savage hair. I also love how they gave him masculine eyebrows (something that's been missing from many Hulk statues, oddly enough). But, I'll be honest, something about the Hulk's face looked off. Honest to God, when I first saw the pic, I thought it was a commissioned Hulk statue and not an officially licensed release. I *think* the upper lip is distracting. If you look in the mirror and try to replicate an expression of screaming rage, your upper lip doesn't curl up in a "duckface" like that. I did a very quick, super crude Photoshop comparison. Am I crazy here? What do you guys think? And does the Hulk's pose look a little stiff? Am I just being petty?

I think your point it legit. The photoshopped pic looks much better

This hulk sculpt has more issues than just the lip I'm not liking it at all it's the weakest hulk ss have done to date

face4Text_zpsnmvurdif.jpg

I think you are on to something, as your lip version looks more realistic, and therefore better, mimicking the Wolverine sculpt style. Now if you just tweek the wind blown 'Liberace' hair-do, we may finally have a worthy Hulk. Good eye, and good work.

P.S. Yes, I did note your love of the hair style on Hulk, but I urge you to look again, and give the shaggy hair look a try.

He's such an old Hulk. That lip won't do much difference since he look like he's being drag through a wind tunnel. Oh, the wrinkle neck and such. Laugh out loud.

Back