Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine dio confirmed!!!!!

Definitely looks like an 80s inspired Hulk and Wolverine meet up.... and that is not a bad thing at all

Yeah, I can deal with that. Hell, I basically count almost anything after Kirby as modern. Artists that drew him all green and with 5 fingers on each hand and without an ape face will just about do the trick. :lol I started reading Hulk around the late 70's so for me, from Sal Buscema on are the Hulk artists I grew up with. I loved all those old Hulk issues with the phenomenal Ernie Chan covers. Some good stuff right there. Just glad a Kirby portrait is no where near this piece. It's the only thing that could have stopped me from POing this.

Hopefully the EX is a COH and we won't have to worry about which one we'd pick.

Yep. Definitely hope that will be the case. I wonder when it will go up for PO. I'm guessing early September.As for the price.....????

Yep. Definitely hope that will be the case. I wonder when it will go up for PO. I'm guessing early September.As for the price.....????

....expensive. This will be two 1/5 scale figures. If this was in the $800 ball park I'd be pretty thrilled. Hopefully, it won't go over $800 much. Keep in mind that the Galactus MAQ went for $800 awhile back. Prices haven't gotten cheaper since then.

Once pre-order goes up expect to get it by 2019. My Galactus took almost 2 years to get after preorder.
Plus worrying about defects on the statue, no thanks I'll pass.
Now I only buy statues when they have been reviewed. If that means paying a premium so be it.

Here, this is supposedly just the 3D rending with photoshop colors but I brightened it a little so you can see more details.
View attachment 274818

Thanks for doing this. Did anyone ask if this will be fully sculpted or will there be mixed media elements? Hulk's shorts looks mixed media to me....

Either way, Thank You Sideshow! for making this a reality! I've been waiting for this dio/maquette ever since I started collecting....

I don't have a Hulk statue in my collection yet. This may be the one if I can get an old-school Wolvie head for it. Just hoping it's under $1000.

I think that's a valid concern. You roll the dice with SSC's statues (or figures for that matter). Sometimes they're fine, sometimes it's really bad. And their customer service has given me more grief than was warranted in recent years when I attempt returns. But you also roll the dice by not pre-ordering. Could be the exclusive sells out and you have to go with the regular if you wait too long.

By my calculations $850 is a fair price. Anything more than that is just screwing us over because they know most will pay it. Except for Spiderman I've had excellent pieces. The majority of the statues I've dealt with get shipped a year after PO. So let's all stay positive! Think happy thoughts! No more Debbie Downers!

SS have been over doing it with high ES. If so, there could be a good deal in the after market but of course, some risk. Most likely an early PO for Mr. Green but still, be nice if it is low ES.

Anyone got 1/4 and 1/5 comparison pics?

Although not a direct comparison as Burning Rage had mentioned somewhere the Superman vs Doomsday dio was 1/6th and I remember there were comparison pics of that dio vs 1/4 premium format figures and they were almost the same size on Doomsday so at 1/5th for the hulk this should be fairly sizeable.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/dc-comics-statues-props-etc-/164732-iron-studios-battle-diorama-superman-vs-doomsday-1-6-a-5.html

Price wise, I think everyone has wishful thinking if they believe SS wouldn't go above $1K especially considering the size and clearly the demand for it as well. Prices have sky rocketed in this hobby and I just recently started. Definitely going to be above $1K and they will still sell out and SSC knows this..

Back