Sideshow Green Phoenix PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it would cost that much to have professionally repainted. It's a pretty simple sculpt and pose without a whole bunch of costume details. And you're not going to send the base, just the figure.

Find me a quote that is cheaper

Better yet show me what it looks like after the repaint....

I thought the repaints of Apocalypse looked awful, personally I wouldn't destroy my collectible over bragging rights on the internet.

$300-400 is conservative

quotes can be as high as 2K for professional repaints.

I don't think it would cost that much to have professionally repainted. It's a pretty simple sculpt and pose without a whole bunch of costume details. And you're not going to send the base, just the figure.

No offence but have you ever tried asking around for a repaint by a pro? I have a couple of times and ......... well .............. you'll be surprised. They have standards and quality costs. And if it's "a pretty simple sculpt and pose without a whole bunch of costume details" why don't you do it yourself? Maybe because it isn't as simple and easy as you think.

I don't think $300-$400 is far fetched at all. I agree that it's fairly straight forward. Just some easy masking. Don't even have to worry about the head. Just pop it off. I do some painting, but I did get a quote from a very accomplished painter to both build and paint a 1/4 Savage Rogue and it was only $850.

Just to put this out there

Had this release been the White costume variant with an edition size of 50 or even less

I would’ve passed on it

Character is everything

White Phoenix is a whiny lil ***** gimmick that remains irrelevant today and forever in comics.

Find me a quote that is cheaper

Better yet show me what it looks like after the repaint....

I thought the repaints of Apocalypse looked awful, personally I wouldn't destroy my collectible over bragging rights on the internet.

$300-400 is conservative

quotes can be as high as 2K for professional repaints.

About 1.5-2 years ago I got my Apocalypse repainted by Kenny A (who is very well known and established) and it looked a million times better that the original imo. Spent 400$. Got my XM Thanos repainted by him for 300$ as well.

The higher cost paint jobs are for statues that have an extreme about of detail/size/multiple colors. At least that's what I have gathered from quotes I've gotten about other statues in the past. Today repainting a red Phoenix to Green should only be a 300-400$ if that.

For me $300-400 is a lot of money to repaint this particular piece, that's 800 $900+ for this piece altogether. For me (for me) not worth it. I wouldn't do this for my favorite character lol, but hey, if it's worth it to the individual, more power to ya! I was able to secure the green phoenix, but I think this and the dark phoenix are both very nice statues.

He's locked in on the super expensive painter(s). John Ficchi charges top rates for any work he does. His work/talent is out of this world but not needed for such a simple repaint. There are other choices that are far cheaper and still look good. PM me if you want their names.

About 1.5-2 years ago I got my Apocalypse repainted by Kenny A (who is very well known and established) and it looked a million times better that the original imo. Spent 400$. Got my XM Thanos repainted by him for 300$ as well.

The higher cost paint jobs are for statues that have an extreme about of detail/size/multiple colors. At least that's what I have gathered from quotes I've gotten about other statues in the past. Today repainting a red Phoenix to Green should only be a 300-400$ if that.

Bingo. There's always options if you're willing to look. Hey, thanks for looking out for your fellow collectors bro. That's a kind thing you did with Your green Phoenix PF. You're a very considerate dude, not like some schmucks around here.

just opened my Phoenix... I have a feeling SS used damaged parts from the Dark phoenix that ppl sent back to make this run of 300.

the body of the figure is fine, but the base has some definite flames that were broken off and look to be re-attached. 3 of them to be exact
Edit: apparently some said its normal for SS to glue on some flame tips for the DF base...not really a fan, but not the biggest deal either. Still a great statue regardless.

just opened my Phoenix... I have a feeling SS used damaged parts from the Dark phoenix that ppl sent back to make this run of 300.

the body of the figure is fine, but the base has some definite flames that were broken off and look to be re-attached. 3 of them to be exact

Wow, that better not be the case.

Sounds about right for Sideshow and considering there was no prototype or anything announced that’s probably the case and the production pictures there’s some major overspray onto her belt. I would charge around 300 to repaint her, most difficult part is masking off the Phoenix symbol on her chest. I only paint and customize for my personal stuff now since my job pays well and it takes a lot of time.

I also think a lot of these were bought to be flipped, the’re all over ebay and Facebook, starting to turn into PCS pre-orders being bought just to be sold, scumbags.

See, this is why I hesitate to pick up any of the sideshow Phoenix PFs. Those soft resin flames drive me nuts because they are so fragile. I had the same problem with my Ghost Rider MAQ and eventually sold him off because of it.

Back