Sideshow Green Phoenix PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flex mine at exactly 1pm. My computer had crashed. Luckily I was able to get one in a mere minute before it went on WL.

I think this is the first time I've seen on these boards where no one has complained about a variant being made.

wow, ordered today and its gonna be here Tomorrow afternoon in Canada.... Sweet!

Great. I was busy all day and missed out on this. I've been begging for a green variant since the Dark Phoenix PF was put up for PO and now I'm going to miss out because only 300 were made. :gah:

It's not that great of a statue. Her face isn't that pretty and how many times have we seen her rising from the phoenix flames? LOL It's just not that impressive of a statue especially for that price. Of course the green variant will go down as the greatest statue of all-time by the bozos on this site because of the small edition size but compared to other Sideshow releases this piece just doesn't rank.

No it will go down as one of the best statues to own because of the character

Phoenix has been requested since the beginning of the XMEN line

Kinda a no brainer

Doubt we will see another Phoenix anytime soon

The factory paint could’ve been better on the last PF

I’m hoping this one was painted at a different factory than the original

Weird that they didn’t go with the Jean Grey head when it’s advertised as Phoenix Jean Grey

They included the Dark Phoenix portrait

Oh well

I am thinking of having this converted to a new Phoenix portrait for this statue

Vct6vYo.jpg

Hair will be red
Better make up
Better decals for the eyes

It's not that great of a statue. Her face isn't that pretty and how many times have we seen her rising from the phoenix flames? LOL It's just not that impressive of a statue especially for that price. Of course the green variant will go down as the greatest statue of all-time by the bozos on this site because of the small edition size but compared to other Sideshow releases this piece just doesn't rank.

LOL! I don't care what the bozos think or say. Any garbage they spew says more about them than anything. I can still pick up an EX Dark Phoenix (probably for less) and then get it repainted green. I'd also have both portraits if I go that route. Missing out on the green variant really isn't that big a deal. It would've just been the easier route to get what I want. I don't mind going to the extra trouble if I can get the EX portrait.

It will also cost you $300-400 to repaint it green professionally

Kudos to anyone going down that route

Makes more sense for myself to have Sideshow do it for me

$120 cost to ship $600 for EX plus 400 repainted

I ended up saving money by buying both from Sideshow directly

#obvious

Won't cost me $300-$400. This is an easy repaint and I'll get it done locally. Thanks for your concern though captain obvious.

Ur welcome

It seems as though u only show interest in items when they sell out

I mean, no one deprived you of ordering the Green Phoenix or the original EX which was available for months on the website

Or even Thanos

Not really Sideshow’s fault

Obviously

Imo it's a great looking statue and I do have the red Dark Phoenix (though I do wish it was painted a bit closer to the prototype), and as such I won't be getting this. I just don't have the space available to get both.

Regarding the price, unfortunately I don't see any statue that Sideshow releases being much lower. Especially with a lot of collectors going with more 'expensive' pieces produced by other companies, such as XM and Prime 1 etc.

Though part of me was thinking if I get this I can put the Exclusive head on the green variant and keep the standard on the red version. Best of both worlds.

Won't cost me $300-$400. This is an easy repaint and I'll get it done locally. Thanks for your concern though captain obvious.

Post some pics when and if you get it done. Though if it was that easy or cheap I would've assumed a lot more collectors would go that route. Honestly if they had released the green version at the same time as the red (like PCS pieces) I definitely would've gone with the green.

Ur welcome

It seems as though u only show interest in items when they sell out

I mean, no one deprived you of ordering the Green Phoenix or the original EX which was available for months on the website

Or even Thanos

Not really Sideshow’s fault

Obviously

Never blamed sideshow for selling out their products. I already have my 1/4 Thanos and the EX Dark Phoenix sells for retail or less in the aftermarket. I'm all good. Thanks for your concern though captain obvious.

Post some pics when and if you get it done. Though if it was that easy or cheap I would've assumed a lot more collectors would go that route. Honestly if they had released the green version at the same time as the red (like PCS pieces) I definitely would've gone with the green.

IMO, you have the superior looking Phoenix PF. Both portraits on the EX Dark Phoenix look great and easily beat a variant that costs more and offers less. The only thing that's sexy on the variant to many collectors is the low ES. I personally don't care about that. I'd rather have the extra portrait. As far as a repaint goes...it is that easy. We're not talking about a drastic repaint. Just repaint the red parts of her costume green and add some black around her emblem and collar area. There are painters that can do that who won't charge an arm and a leg. My biggest issue with this piece (both Dark and green Phoenix) is the base. I'm not crazy about the resin that sideshow uses on its flames. I had the EX Ghost Rider MAQ and the flames broke on that very easily. Now I'm hearing concerns about DP leaning and some peeps saying the flames on the bird have arrived broken. I got rid of my GR MAQ because of how soft and easily breakable the resin flames were. I'm worried about going through that with this Phoenix PF.

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting this green, but I just wish SS could've included a new head or something more, but congrats to all those who got this. It still looks really nice. I think I will save my money on something new like the new yellow and blue wolvie.

It will also cost you $300-400 to repaint it green professionally

Kudos to anyone going down that route

Makes more sense for myself to have Sideshow do it for me

$120 cost to ship $600 for EX plus 400 repainted

I ended up saving money by buying both from Sideshow directly

#obvious

I don't think it would cost that much to have professionally repainted. It's a pretty simple sculpt and pose without a whole bunch of costume details. And you're not going to send the base, just the figure.

Back