1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy's are counting chickens before their hatched. Just because there is nothing new for 2014 doesn't mean it's done. they released 4 figures this year I have a feeling there going to take a tiny break and pick up with joe heavy latter on. I think some of you secretly want this dead and burried.

there are a few fan favorites that can be made still. Sideshow hasn't made scarlett or roadblock, or any of the medic's or communications officer, or any dreadnocks, or the B.A.T.S this kinda talk will get noticed and they might pack it up if you talk like this. And then it's no ones fault but your own. be careful what you put out or you just might get it.

I want more,but many of us been around a long time.Usually when Sideshow quits a line (even for a while),it doesn't come back...but if it does,great..I'll continue collecting it

Yea, thanks a lot Teemu.

JohnnyFedUp.gif

I think it seems like it went out on a down note because of the split feelings on Destro, but honestly SSv2, Baroness, and Chromedome CC were all pretty damn nice, so it's not like I'm feeling this was a horrible year, but something is obviously not going well.

Maybe Hottoys will pick up the line, they'd probably put out a new colored BAT every other month. :lol

I want more,but many of us been around a long time.Usually when Sideshow quits a line (even for a while),it doesn't come back...but if it does,great..I'll continue collecting it

Interesting enough we announced a return to Friday the 13th on Friday...which is a line that hasn't seen new product in years. Nightmare on Elm Street had that happen as well in the past. So really even if there isn't something new for months or even years doesn't mean there won't be new at some point.

This is not to say that GI Joe is on a hiatus for years or many many months because I really do not know what will occur in the near future. There could be some cool news come 12 Days or in 2015. Very possible!

-SideshowAlex

Anyone who thinks Sideshow is going to come back to this line after taking a "break" hasn't been collecting from Sideshow for very long. Those of us who've been here pretty much from the start know that when Sideshow puts a line on hiatus, it means they've taken it out behind the barn and put a bullet in it. We've been through it with Bond, Twilight Zone, Buffy, Angel, Highlander and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Interesting enough we announced a return to Friday the 13th on Friday...which is a line that hasn't seen new product in years. Nightmare on Elm Street had that happen as well in the past. So really even if there isn't something new for months or even years doesn't mean there won't be new at some point.

This is not to say that GI Joe is on a hiatus for years or many many months because I really do not know what will occur in the near future. There could be some cool news come 12 Days or in 2015. Very possible!

-SideshowAlex

put in word for us then :).....we want MORE Joes

Anyone who thinks Sideshow is going to come back to this line after taking a "break" hasn't been collecting from Sideshow for very long. Those of us who've been here pretty much from the start know that when Sideshow puts a line on hiatus, it means they've taken it out behind the barn and put a bullet in it. We've been through it with Bond, Twilight Zone, Buffy, Angel, Highlander and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

yep and Lord of the Rings.....

GI Joe has so MANY characters..how do you stop at 20?

-SideshowAlex
That was very cool, especially to find out they're revisiting alot of the movies.

That's why i don't think there done even though someone keeps harping it is. they might surprise you and when they do can just get along. I'll laugh in a few years when it's buffy's 20th anniversary they release some figures and statues. just to show haha you think you know us.

That was very cool, especially to find out they're revisiting alot of the movies.

If they're doing 1/6 again, it's cool. If it's just statues, then it's nothing special as they've been doing Jason statues on and off for years.

Sideshow Alex I for one appreciate you coming here and letting us know.

well.they do have more clones to put out, dont'cha know...lol.....

they should've at least ended with a better figure...like the twins or someone really cool..but i guess since Destro is a major player..they had to go with him..sigh...

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed that Sideshow has no plans for GI Joe. This line had a lot of potential and there are a lot of major characters on the Joe side that they didn't bother to get done. No Roadblock, Shipwreck, or Scarlett ... the list goes on.

This will certainly affect how much money I spend with Sideshow.

So many characters from the Joe universe and they can't even get one done for 2014? That's obviously telling that the Joe line as well as the Joe fans aren't that important to Sideshow.

This line might have had more mileage if it were given to companies like DAM or Soldier Story. Better overall quality and possibly more affordable price as well.

they should of done Scarlet,Shipwreck,Gung-ho,Snowjob,Roadblock before calling it quits....ALL these figures were in the plan

Yea, but those you listed can all be bashed easily with existing stuff that is out there. I have yet to see a Scarlet by anyone that looks right.

Back