1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had intentions of buying Drake....but yeah. What we have there is a just a failure to communicate. From prototype to product.

certainly doesn't look promising for an Evil Dead 2 Ash from Sideshow (they have the license but not announced yet)

Hiatus my ass. It's over. Finished. Done. Sayonara. No Joe.

Bingo! This line is dead.

I didn't collect it but I'm a casual Joe fan. I was VERY tempted when they announce Snake Eyes...then Duke...then Baroness...then Destro. Out of all of them, only Baroness impressed enough to buy but what's a Joe collection with only one figure?!?!:huh
I was going to buy Baroness, Destro & Cobra Commander but I just couldn't bring myself to order the Destro & CC...just not that good for the price.

Sorry for you hard core GIJ fans but this is a done deal. I can't name one line SSCs ever revisited after they announced its hiatus.

I can't name one line SSCs ever revisited after they announced its hiatus.

exactly! it doesn't come back...Sideshow moves on to something else...hey Sideshow,since you don't care about GI Joe anymore,how about making 1/6 Marvel Comic figures

exactly! it doesn't come back...Sideshow moves on to something else...hey Sideshow,since you don't care about GI Joe anymore,how about making 1/6 Marvel Comic figures

They should just leave 1:6 alone.

I agree with some of what Prog says. I think there could have been more of an audience for Joes if the quality, and design decisions justified the price. But to keep increasing prices while giving us uneven quality figures in almost all departments, heavy parts reuse, really questionable "interpretations" of some characters, lackluster bodies, etc. it's just a hard sell. If these were Hot Toys quality figures, that looked like the card art, I would buy every single figure, including the '86ers. But they aren't, so I've been very choosy myself, and I'm a huge Joe fan, and primarily a high end collector. Having said that, I'm still not sure if the audience would be all that enthusiastic at this point. The moment of nostalgic Joe resurgence peaked about 6 years ago. So in a sense, I do think we're fortunate to have what we have. I personally got almost all my favorites from the old toy line/cartoon/comic, with the exception of Destro which I skipped for obvious reasons, and the Crimson Twins, which they never got around to. I can see them coming back with a figure here or there over the next few years though.
I agree.
Charging Hot Toys prices for their figures that aren't Hot Toys quality is a problem.
Everything was going great until they started charging over $120 per figure.
After that I started to get picky.
The same is the case with the SW line.

The Drake turned out terrible so I just cancelled. Chrome Mr Freeze turned out the same. Just sold my Ex Viper for a great price.

Probably better if the line is cancelled rather than disappointment every time a new figure is shown.

The custom stuff you guys do is excellent, stick to that.

there is great potential for the figures if you mod them a bit...
10298933_10202196722534685_5629800208844708243_n_zpse478f621.jpg

CC just needed a little TLC to get him closer to the org. fig/card art...

exactly! it doesn't come back...Sideshow moves on to something else...

Not sure if Friday the 13th counts. SSC announced yesterday that they are going back to that line, and based on Facebook comments they seem to have really found a target audience ("Please re-do his version", "We need Jasons from Parts 6,8, and 9!", and "No more 1:6! PF's, Maquettes, Epic Scale, and Life Sized Busts!")

The writing was on the wall for Joe once it became clear that the Polystone stuff wasn't going to move. Would love to see Asmus get the license based on what they've done with LotR. They preview stuff early in development to respond to critiques and lower the price on items which reuse components.

I honestly don't know what to make of this news. I've been out of SSC's Joe line for quite a while due to them insisting on their own "interpretations." I guess there were more of us that just wanted the classic looks than they figured and we voted with our wallets. :cool:

Hey Sideshow, if you ever resurrect this line and don't want it to die again quit screwing with the designs and stick to the vintage card art. It's what the silent majority wants. Cater to the Devil's Due crowd and teemu's bizarre whims and it'll just crash and burn all over again. :pow

I honestly don't know what to make of this news. I've been out of SSC's Joe line for quite a while due to them insisting on their own "interpretations." I guess there were more of us that just wanted the classic looks than they figured and we voted with our wallets. :cool:

Hey Sideshow, if you ever resurrect this line and don't want it to die again quit screwing with the designs and stick to the vintage card art. It's what the silent majority wants. Cater to the Devil's Due crowd and teemu's bizarre whims and it'll just crash and burn all over again. :pow

what are you even talking about? I like Sideshow's Destro...so what,many others do??? it doesn't mean I don't want the classic looks...do me a favor and stop making nonsense comments about me

Guy's are counting chickens before their hatched. Just because there is nothing new for 2014 doesn't mean it's done. they released 4 figures this year I have a feeling there going to take a tiny break and pick up with joe heavy latter on. I think some of you secretly want this dead and burried.

there are a few fan favorites that can be made still. Sideshow hasn't made scarlett or roadblock, or any of the medic's or communications officer, or any dreadnocks, or the B.A.T.S this kinda talk will get noticed and they might pack it up if you talk like this. And then it's no ones fault but your own. be careful what you put out or you just might get it.

Back