1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, should have at least given us Scarlet before calling it quits.

Yeah.

This line was always too hit and miss. They should have just replicated the toy art from the 1980's. The "interpretation" angle was a predictable disaster from a company whose business decisions often leave much to be desired.

well.they do have more clones to put out, dont'cha know...lol.....

they should've at least ended with a better figure...like the twins or someone really cool..but i guess since Destro is a major player..they had to go with him..sigh...

You know they could have almost done the clone money making thing with this line with the greenshirts. Same body, same uniform, change a head slightly and change weapons, with an item or two, boom, cheap money paddlers between releases that take some RnD.

This was posted over on Hisstank and made a lot of sense to me.

I think Sideshow knew for quite some time that Destro was going to be the last figure they produced before the line was cancelled/put on indefinite hiatus.

Destro was originally scheduled to be revealed possibly in 2011 and "definitely" by 2012's SDCC. The supposed hold up was the development of a new large muscle body that would later be used with Roadblock and Gung Ho. Somewhere along the way, they decided to scrap that idea, wrap up Destro "in progress," and move on to other franchises.

Considering how Hasbro is treating G.I. Joe right now, is this any surprise?

I believe G.I. Joe is leaving retail now. After Retaliation, that's it....

The only way you'll get new figures is MasterCollector's (who run the JoeCon and work closely with Hasbro for exclusives) "Subscription Service" Figures. This is similar to the "DTC" line right before Hasbro shocked everyone with the amazing 25th Anniversary lines.

What do you mean, after retaliation? We at least have the 50th ann. packs coming, or are you saying they're folding on this after wave 1?

I don't buy the idea of Hasbro pulling the plug on the line. If anything, Sideshow's initial leap into the GI Joe was almost perfectly timed to benefit from the renewed ARAH nostalgia generated by the 25th Anniv. figures just as that line was winding down in favor of overproduced and mostly unwanted Rise of Cobra figures. They could similarly benefit from the lack of 3 3/4" Joe offerings now.

The 50th Anniv. of Joe seems like the perfect time to crank out some 12" Cold War era army men (i.e. O13 greenshirts). I'd also be down for some more Blueshirts, too.

Would've loved to have seen more of the characters previewed here:

Scarlet,Lady Jaye and Gung-ho didn't make the cut from that trailer

OH, yeah, I forgot about the Indiana Jones line too. No Marion, no Short Round, no Mola Ram, no Sallah, no Marcus Brody.

I don't buy the idea of Hasbro pulling the plug on the line. If anything, Sideshow's initial leap into the GI Joe was almost perfectly timed to benefit from the renewed ARAH nostalgia generated by the 25th Anniv. figures just as that line was winding down in favor of overproduced and mostly unwanted Rise of Cobra figures. They could similarly benefit from the lack of 3 3/4" Joe offerings now.

The 50th Anniv. of Joe seems like the perfect time to crank out some 12" Cold War era army men (i.e. O13 greenshirts). I'd also be down for some more Blueshirts, too.

Would've loved to have seen more of the characters previewed here:

So much for staying until the fight is won.

Last edited:
i am still shocked , scarlett and shipwreck were on the table.they pulled the plug too early especially on the 50th anniversary of gi joe. all i can say is sideshow sucks!!!! its all dc comics fault they cant keep more than 2 lines going at a time. i hope dc falls on its face, and they bring gi joe back. maybe someone will pick up the gi joe license or make a knock off to give us more characters. sideshow wont see another dime from me if it is not gi joe.

Should change the name of this thread to "Sideshow GI Joe line is over and out."

You know what killed the sideshow GI Joe line?

• Figure stands.
  • Dioramas.
  • Environments.
  • Premium formats.

All of this craps' a waste. Plus:

• GI Joe Rise of Cobra and its sequel movies.
  • GI Joe itself is dying.

Getting real tired of Sideshow abandoning their licenses. Makes me not want to buy anything from them ever again. They couldn't finish the Fellowship. Ten bucks says they won't even finish the Bounty Hunters for Star Wars.

Getting real tired of Sideshow abandoning their licenses. Makes me not want to buy anything from them ever again. They couldn't finish the Fellowship. Ten bucks says they won't even finish the Bounty Hunters for Star Wars.
--

Yet we all still do in one way or another like a junkee being addicted and seeing their dealer.

I'm going to rage if they don't go deep into the DC line.

I personally think they are just busy with the other figures there releasing that they haven't had time to sit down and and handle these. I think if that's the case im sure people on G.I.joe board would gladly work for free or with the ability to get the figure for free if there low on man power to do this. I'll gladly work on Scarlett even if it means modernizing her wardrobe. if someone would do the sculpted head and bootfeet. we would need a weapons person skilled with sterine to do the weapons. one of us can propose we make a proto this would save them time and they could mass produce them.

and like evil face said we need them to keep up DC line.
Personally id like them to take a hiatus in the PF and props for awhile and concentrate on the 1/6th line and take there ADD meds

Back