Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! The sculpting of that shoulder armor is much better than the Sideshow version. Is it Hasbro armor or is it from the Screamin' 1/6th soft vinyl kit?
Which Hasbro Vader is the suit from? It doesn't look "silky" like the suit from the electronic version which people use the dome from.

I have a feeling that since they removed the "ESB" from this Vader that they will be releasing an ESB version down the road. Then you'll get more left hands, 'cept it'll cost ya another $250.00 - $300.00. :D

Except this image is from ROTJ...
vader left hand 3.jpg

Plus I don't need an "ESB Vader", I just need the open left hand to pose him like this...

vader left hand 1.jpg

I don't see any significant difference between ESB and ROTJ

I'm waitlisted for a replacement helmet and cape. I'm ok with that, didn't want to have to return it and eat what I paid in duties.

For the future: You can claim duties back on anything returned - I know this for a fact for multiple countries, I anticipate most others have a process as well.

Nice! The sculpting of that shoulder armor is much better than the Sideshow version. Is it Hasbro armor or is it from the Screamin' 1/6th soft vinyl kit?
Which Hasbro Vader is the suit from? It doesn't look "silky" like the suit from the electronic version which people use the dome from.

It's the armor from the screamin Vader model kit. The suit is from the Hasbro Ultimate Villain Vader, it show no signs of flaking at all and its got to be at least 9 years old at thi spoint.

Has anyone else had an issue when contacting Sideshow for a replacement helmet? I received mine with scratches on it and the dome fairly crooked and was told it looked perfect and that even if they could find me a replacement I would be lucky to get one as good as the one I have now.

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't want to search 1050 plus pages to find out. Why has everybody replaced their SS ANH Vader's helmet with the Hasbro helmet??? I recently got my SS ANH vader out from storage and I think the stock helmet looks good. Except it's way shinny-er than it appeared in ANH. Is that the reason for all the swaps?

Has anyone else had an issue when contacting Sideshow for a replacement helmet? I received mine with scratches on it and the dome fairly crooked and was told it looked perfect and that even if they could find me a replacement I would be lucky to get one as good as the one I have now.

Post a picture here and we'll be the judges of what's acceptable. ;)

OK, I can understand why they said what they did. Those pictures look fine - they don't demonstrate any noticeable issue. They're "within parameters" as they say. If the issue is serious, you need to grab a better image to show how bad it is. IMO, I would probably just polish out whatever scratches you see. I THINK I see them on the left side of the second picture, but I'm not positive that's what you're talking about.

That just looks like part of the reflection. Take a new picture that makes it obvious it's a scratch/dent and then send that to Sideshow. I'm *POSITIVE* they didn't see that. A notch is absolutely not within acceptable tolerance levels and I'm sure they wouldn't have told you such a thing if they knew it was a deep groove.

I hate props. And especially any kind of nod to props in 1/6 figures. If they ever release an R2, I don't want a pop-uoff dome to reveal a large cavity inside where a tiny actor can sit.

I guess it comes down to if you want you figure screen accurate or idealised to what you perceive as character accurate factoring in all the other influences/exposures to the character.

This figure is a mix of both, a frankenstein of screen/prop accuracy and idealisation. In that sense there is something for everyone, but on the hand I can also see how those falling into each camp can be disappointed as well.

That just looks like part of the reflection. Take a new picture that makes it obvious it's a scratch/dent and then send that to Sideshow. I'm *POSITIVE* they didn't see that. A notch is absolutely not within acceptable tolerance levels and I'm sure they wouldn't have told you such a thing if they knew it was a deep groove.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'll know to take better pictures in the future.

Back