Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, do whatever swapping you want without fear. All the pegs on the hands/feet are oversized and pull out with relatively little effort. It is a very easy figure to completely tear down.

Anyway, do whatever swapping you want without fear. All the pegs on the hands/feet are oversized and pull out with relatively little effort. It is a very easy figure to completely tear down.

ok thanks - what about the helmet and head?

Helmet/head pops off just as easily. Just pull it straight up - comes off quite smoothly as the neck hole has pretty much straight walls.

Helmet/head pops off just as easily. Just pull it straight up - comes off quite smoothly as the neck hole has pretty much straight walls.

yup- sure enough - thanks

On the standard head does the top part of the helmet come off from the bottom revealing his damaged head from the back? It seems on there good and permanent- don't want to pull to hard.

(I'm not talking about the old Anakin head - I know the helmet extra helmet pieces do not go over that.)

On the standard head does the top part of the helmet come off from the bottom revealing his damaged head from the back?

No, that's glued in place. If you did want to remove it for modifying, you can soak it in boiling water for a minute and then pull/twist it off. There are pictures some pages back showing this apart.

No, that's glued in place. If you did want to remove it for modifying, you can soak it in boiling water for a minute and then pull/twist it off. There are pictures some pages back showing this apart.

yea. I thought I remember seeing pics of that. It is odd how they created a scarred back of a head without intending for the top helmet to be removed in order to see it. I'm not going to mod mine for this, it's just interesting knowing they put a scarred head is underneath no one will see without really working for it.

I'm not sure why they bothered either, especially when they didn't include any detail on the back of the neck armor - you can see all the detail on the neck of the helmet-less sculpt.

My replacement head sculpt is out for delivery today... I'm glad I got my request processed under the wire, so I won't have to wait for the next batch from China. (now I just hope there's nothing wrong with this one)

got the cowl lowered
beefed up the arms and
put on the "add on thighs" from HT body

IMG_0017_zpsed7a00fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-02-11135105_zps1fbe0b43.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great pics, r5150s. Got any pics with the tunic out of the way to see how those beefed up legs look? I was thinking about finding a loose set of those, but was hoping someone else would do it who just happened to have them.

thanks guys..here's more with the legs exposed..

IMG_0003_zps32ba4c5f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0004_zps3dd7d2da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0005_zpsc7c3c793.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0010_zps49154e8f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0015_zps1017ed32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0019_zpsb58e5866.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0023_zps73231d84.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0024_zpsa5a3f8e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome pics! Such a beautiful figure!

Haven't been able to enjoy mine yet cause I'm still waiting for CS to hook me up with non-effed up heads lol

Soon, gonna be soon!

Hi guys, well guess what! My Vader arrived with its tusk broken, so now I need to ask SS for a replacement head, right? But why should I have to destroy the damaged one? It was its fault so they should not care what we do with the bad helmet!

yea. I thought I remember seeing pics of that. It is odd how they created a scarred back of a head without intending for the top helmet to be removed in order to see it. I'm not going to mod mine for this, it's just interesting knowing they put a scarred head is underneath no one will see without really working for it.

I'm not sure why they bothered either, especially when they didn't include any detail on the back of the neck armor - you can see all the detail on the neck of the helmet-less sculpt.

It's interesting they did this, because as with the two tone paint scheme, it comes down to prop accuracy. The Vader helmet doesn't cover the back of the head and if you were to look at Vader from this angle, you would have seen the back of Prowse's head. Likewise the prop doesn't have the neck armour which was added for the Anakin reveal scene.

I think it's a great nod to the original prop. It's just a shame they didn't put more effort into getting the sculpt itself more accurate (especially under the eyes). It's a great figure even with the minor inaccuracies.

I hate props. And especially any kind of nod to props in 1/6 figures. If they ever release an R2, I don't want a pop-uoff dome to reveal a large cavity inside where a tiny actor can sit.

Hey gang, I know some of you beefed up the arms and legs with cotton, is there any chance that some of the fattening suits, like the hot toys ones would work?

Back