Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys. I may just get him.

I sold my ANH Vader for about the same price, and I do miss having a Vader in my collection.

This has articulated ankles right? The stiff boots and the hight were my two biggest complaints about the first one.

Replacement sabre coming Monday, mine was missing. Thanks SSC. Now if SOMEONE could only make a decent light up sabre...

I sold my ANH Vader for about the same price, and I do miss having a Vader in my collection.

This has articulated ankles right? The stiff boots and the hight were my two biggest complaints about the first one.

Hey Mags! Nice to see you over here in the SW section. Yes, he does have articulated ankles, think of the DX12. There were some pics around to illustrate some of the extreme poses that can be achieved with the new separate boot/ankle. Pretty much everything is an upgrade with exception of the suit, which I think was done much better on the ANH version. Don't know why they changed it. The cape and robes are easily the best from any mass produced figure I've ever owned. They feel like quality material and lay naturally. I feels nice not to have to buy a new cape for once. So strange why these companies haven't been able to do this until now. Not to scare you away or anything but you are aware of the QC issues this guy has been having, correct?

For those who have lowered their Vader... doesn't it make the cape too long? I was able to get my ANH Vader down to 13-7/8" with the torso swap but bought the lforigno "short" cape for it. I've been thinking of getting a pair of KP02s or TTM20s to get both Vaders down to the 13-1/4" to 13-1/2" range, but worried that's going to lead to buying two new capes. I don't even know if lforigno is still making customs.

The longer I have owned him the more I do not want to mod him at all. Too tall or not he is perfect to me and has a killer presence on the shelf. I really don't care how he looks compared to others.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vader with Fett...

Great pic! But really demonstrates just how much the height is off. I got my ANH Vader down to 13-7/8" with the torso mod, and display him by himself because he's still too tall. My ROTJ Vader is 14" after pushing him down to get the joints seated... was 14-1/4" out of the box. Thinking of picking up a couple KP02s to get both Vaders looking like they're part of the same SW 1/6 line as the other figures, but need to make sure there are still custom capes available to accommodate the shorter height.

vaderfett.jpg

The longer I have owned him the more I do not want to mod him at all. Too tall or not he is perfect to me and has a killer presence on the shelf. I really don't care how he looks compared to others.

Is the shelf presence any different than the ANH Vader?

He is so tall that I can't even bear to have him displayed on one of my shelves yet. Even when I have him out for a period of time, I think, this is pretty nice, but DAMN! I spent $250 for all these mistakes that could shave been so easily accounted for if there had been a little more attention to detail. Even the fact they used RED wire for the electrical hookups makes me sigh.

:wave Hi Mag! I am pleased to meet you again, after all this time when I had to put aside my hobbies.
I'll have to come take a look at your "new" pieces of art in your menagerie! :wink1:

Replacement sabre coming Monday, mine was missing. Thanks SSC. Now if SOMEONE could only make a decent light up sabre...

That's good!. As for me, I finally got my 2 missing lightsabers few days ago. :yess:

He is so tall that I can't even bear to have him displayed on one of my shelves yet. Even when I have him out for a period of time, I think, this is pretty nice, but DAMN! I spent $250 for all these mistakes that could shave been so easily accounted for if there had been a little more attention to detail. Even the fact they used RED wire for the electrical hookups makes me sigh.

Well to each their own. He's not that much taller then my custom Hurricane version as I showed in my review vid and I love him. Maybe not displaying him on that light up base he comes with would help with the height issue a bit for those who it really bothers. I dunno. He's a top shelf piece for me. However everyone has opinions so I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It looks very good on its own apart from the space between the helmet and shoulders, even the skinny arms can be somewhat disguised/hidden by posing. But my shelves are all "top shelf" already and putting him on any of them would make him the low point. He would be a glaring sore-spot in that one cabinet along side DX07 Luke until I can fix his scale. And believe me, I absolutely loath to modify what should be a finished figure. With the exception of one single figure, all my other pre-packed/retail ones are stock.

It looks very good on its own apart from the space between the helmet and shoulders, even the skinny arms can be somewhat disguised/hidden by posing. But my shelves are all "top shelf" already and putting him on any of them would make him the low point. He would be a glaring sore-spot in that one cabinet along side DX07 Luke until I can fix his scale.

Ok again everyone has an opinion. I have a different one. :)

Oh and trust me..I have plenty of top shelf figures myself that Vader is proudly displayed next to.

Ok again everyone has an opinion. I have a different one. :)

Right, so is there something wrong with me expressing mine? I get the feeling you're trying to push mine aside or somehow trying to give me some kind of permission. I only speak for myself, I don't need someone else to explain that. :lecture I also don't care at all if it's not the popular opinion.

I do feel burned for paying $250 for this, but I'm not about to resell it because I do want a high-end Vader for my Bespin shelf.

Right, so is there something wrong with me expressing mine? I get the feeling you're trying to express some kind of permission for letting me speak. Thanks.

Why is everyone so ready to start fights on here? What ever man. Where do I give an impression that I am giving you permission to speak? You replied after my comment about loving the figure as is. So who is questioning who here?

No one's starting a fight. But telling someone that "it's your opinion" is not only redundant, but absolutely rude. We were doing fine talking about different likes/dislikes of the actual figure.

No one's starting a fight. But telling someone that "it's your opinion" is not only redundant, but absolutely rude. We were doing fine talking about different likes/dislikes of the actual figure.

Whatever dude. Saying that everyone has a right to their opinion is considered rude? I was answering a question to Maglor who directed the question to me. Then after I state how I feel to him...you chime In and say how much you don't like the figue as is. So I respond and now I am being redundant? So you stating that you are not happy with the figures skinny arms and tall height is not redundant? LOL...how many times has people expressed those complaints in this thread? But because I said I like the figure as is...suddenly I am being unreasonable and rude. Priceless.

Back