Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this figure will be tightened-up a bit before release. If not, I already have the Hasbro talking Vader, so I can use the helmet if needed. I think people are freaking out about the new Vader body too soon; Remember the figure is 13.5" tall, so it will also be more bulky overall than the average 12" SS figure. If the head sculpt is devoid of true nostalgic 'Anakin appeal', the Hasbro Anakin head sculpt is surprisingly pretty damned good. With a skilled repaint and the removal of the vinyl 'chin tubes', it would replace the SS head nicely.
In my own case, I won't have to spend an extra dime for the upgrades, so I PO'd Robo & Ed both.

If there is a demand here, I could easily make a mold of this head (after removing the chin tubes, and adding some accurate surface detail in some areas) and recast it in white resin to sell.
darthhasbro.jpg

Aww, how sweet. Vader looks happy. :lol

I think this figure will be tightened-up a bit before release. If not, I already have the Hasbro talking Vader, so I can use the helmet if needed. I think people are freaking out about the new Vader body too soon; Remember the figure is 13.5" tall, so it will also be more bulky overall than the average 12" SS figure. If the head sculpt is devoid of true nostalgic 'Anakin appeal', the Hasbro Anakin head sculpt is surprisingly pretty damned good. With a skilled repaint and the removal of the vinyl 'chin tubes', it would replace the SS head nicely.
In my own case, I won't have to spend an extra dime for the upgrades, so I PO'd Robo & Ed both.

If there is a demand here, I could easily make a mold of this head (after removing the chin tubes, and adding some accurate surface detail in some areas) and recast it in white resin to sell.
darthhasbro.jpg

Eyebrow thread anyone? :monkey1

That's actually not a bad base head really.. :)

It's going to be interesting to see how far folks will take the mods on this upcoming Vader - the muscle body swap out for starters. Being that this one seems to be a little more in scale compared to the last one, the suit won't need as much chopping & cropping as the previous ANH version perhaps. :lol

I've always wondered why they cast Sebasian Shaw as Anakin in ROTJ. Yeah, he gives a good performance when he's dying, but why didn't they cast someone a bit more...good looking? There were plenty of actors, known and unknown, who were good looking and around 50/60 at the time who could have pulled it off. I know the point was to have Vader look all pale, burned and gross when the helmet comes off, but still...an actor who wasn't overweight and had a stronger jaw and more defined cheekbones would have been a better choice. And it would have made for a much cooler image when he was in ghost form. I wanted the man in the suit to look like Luke Skywalker's dad...not "just anybody's dad," which is what Shaw looked like. Hardly a grizzled, Jedi warrior and Clone Wars vet.

Ehh.. it's relative.

I loved Sebastian Shaw in the film - he conveyed the frailty of an old Anakin being supported by essentially an iron lung of sorts, trying to reach out to his son; his eyes & countenance showed that well IMO.

I get your point, but I don't think those factors were necessary in the end.

^^^^.......they should have cast lee majors. that would have been epic on all kind of levels..............:lol

While nice...this Vader is far from accurate :(

I know they have tried to make a more accurate ROTJ Vader for the "Deluxe" figure but as with the ANH Vader they sadly missed the mark.

Now yes, I know...I'm the default mouthpiece for Hurricane in the Vaderville thread but I thought I'd put up this ESB Vader for you all to see;

compared with the Deluxe SSC ROTJ Vader;

Maybe when they spin over to do a ESB they'll hit the nail on the head...

Last edited:
While nice...this Vader is far from accurate :(

I know they have tried to make a more accurate ROTJ Vader for the "Deluxe" figure but as with the ANH Vader they sadly missed the mark.

Now yes, I know...I'm the default mouthpiece for Hurricane in the Vaderville thread but I thought I'd put up this ROJT Vader for you all to see;

f

I'd rather pay $400 for a diecast Robocop that talks then $250 for a sub-par Vader that will require an instant $60 body upgrade out-of-the-box, a Hasbro dome swap, an idealized Anakin portrait that looks nothing like any of the actors that have played him and other tweaks to make look accurate. :huh
What? You actually think the talking feature is a plus? Are you a kid?

Back