Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36864404.jpg

Since folks are in an explainin' mood, can someone please tell me why there is a video clip about prison boo-tay love in the Vader thread? Is it because of the baggy pants referrence? :dunno

You got some personal vendetta against nam or something? :dunno

He does seem to have a fascination with Nam. He called EF a Nam Jr the other day.

I'm guessing Nam probably spanked him a few times in the past. :lol

Since folks are in an explainin' mood, can someone please tell me why there is a video clip about prison boo-tay love in the Vader thread? Is it because of the baggy pants referrence? :dunno

Somebody posted a gif from that video in response to a member who was posting stuff that a lot of people were having trouble understanding.

I can't argue with that. Lame stand, small chest box and useless lights are kind of annoying. Plus the sculpt will never see the light of day on my shelf. Here's hoping they tweak it a bit before the final release. Hey at least I didn't cry about the price, right?

I'd rather pay $400 for a diecast Robocop that talks then $250 for a sub-par Vader that will require an instant $60 body upgrade out-of-the-box, a Hasbro dome swap, an idealized Anakin portrait that looks nothing like any of the actors that have played him and other tweaks to make look accurate. :huh

Oh, Robocop is ordered. I love HT and SSC but like others have said, they want HT prices they better deliver HT quality. But I'm sure they'll fall short.

You guys should really (REALLY) go rent Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's in my top 5 of favorite movies. Absolutely one of Spielbeg's best, smartest, awe-inspiring movies he's ever done, and definitely better than most of his later films. And don't let the groovy 70s fashion or any other superficial stuff get in the way. The Douglas Trumbull effects are magical, and John Williams's score is phenomenal.
Dude! :(

That's one of the best things about the film - the era it was made in!!! :rock

The 70s is my absolute fave decade from the 20th century. :cool:

I'd rather pay $400 for a diecast Robocop that talks then $250 for a sub-par Vader that will require an instant $60 body upgrade out-of-the-box, a Hasbro dome swap, an idealized Anakin portrait that looks nothing like any of the actors that have played him and other tweaks to make look accurate. :huh
Yep, this is how I feel. RoboCop doesn't even compete for me in comparison to Star Wars but I just cannot see what my $250.00 is buying with this figure. Robo and ED-209, on the other hand, look magnificent, so have become must-buys. Sure hope SSC gets their stuff together with this release but have a feeling it's not going to happen.

Somebody posted a gif from that video in response to a member who was posting stuff that a lot of people were having trouble understanding.

'cept the gif didn't come from the prison booty clip, it came from the clip Vintij posted - dunno why we got the booty, and I wouldn't mind unseeing it if I could :lol

Back