Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voice chips and plastic force lightening are both two sides of the same stinky **** floating atop the brown water left unflushed by an 8 year old.

I'm not too interested in Robocop talking... but on the ED-209 it's actually kind of cool. One of those dumb features I'll use once a year, but it will be fun when I do :lol

It's more than Sideshow did. Heck, even Medicom made a talking Vader with light up saber for $250.

OMG! :rotfl Alec is not amused...

He's definitely not pleased! I just noticed how much Peter Mayhew looks like Schneider from One Day at a Time.

schneider1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If I'm not happy with any figure when it's in hand, I can always sell it on the dark side of ebay a year from now and make a better profit margin than SS. If it's high quality, it's a treasure of nostalgia that I will own until I die. If it's poor quality, it becomes a form of currency with a dependably increasing exchange rate.
I don't mean to sound glib, but there are 10's of thousands of people who aren't going to change their buying habits. The attitude I stated above is just my way of trying to survive the ravages of this expensive hobby, and I know I'm not the only one.

I agree. I am never happy with most figures when at hand, but thats cause they looked so awesome in pics (usually). While i ordered this i am regretting it and thinking of cancelling the preorder albeit the NRD. From the beginning the proportions did not seem right or as right to me. Glad i am not the only one who thinks so but at the same time unhappy that i pulled a trigger on this one way too early. Last option would be to sell on ebay however the challenge would be if another better vader pops up in the meantime. Then this 250 drops like crazy. Still thinking....

Last option would be to sell on ebay however the challenge would be if another better vader pops up in the meantime. Then this 250 drops like crazy. Still thinking....

Another 1/6 Vader??? From where??? Unless somebody builds a time machine to transport to 2020 to buy that HT Vader everybody's talking about I wouldn't worry about another 1/6 Vader appearing out of nowhere. :lol

Another 1/6 Vader??? From where??? Unless somebody builds a time machine to transport to 2020 to buy that HT Vader everybody's talking about I wouldn't worry about another 1/6 Vader appearing out of nowhere. :lol

:exactly:

Some people... :slap

Yeah... I know. But the robocops seem tempting and i unfortunately have only so many dollars .. But i guess i will decide in the next few days...

...and little sense as well.

Hope the best evar Vader doesn't get announced soon. :lol

I don't like the baggy pants but I ordered because I don't think we will be getting another one anytime soon.

While nice...this Vader is far from accurate :(

I know they have tried to make a more accurate ROTJ Vader for the "Deluxe" figure but as with the ANH Vader they sadly missed the mark.

Now yes, I know...I'm the default mouthpiece for Hurricane in the Vaderville thread but I thought I'd put up this ESB Vader for you all to see;

compared with the Deluxe SSC ROTJ Vader;

Maybe when they spin over to do a ESB they'll hit the nail on the head...

I'll probably get flamed for this but...

While I do recognize the craftsmanship and attention to detail, Hurricane's Vaders just look a bit odd to me.

There's something about the proportions that just looks off.
But that's probably just me.

Still amazing custom pieces.

Back