Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen some of Glen's Vaders that looked spot on. Some don't. I agree.

Agreed, this was was his worst ever!

CardboardDarthVader.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had that thing too. It also came with a Darth Maul figure that broke in two.

I remember The Ultimate Villain Vader it was totally inaccurate, but for 2005 standards, it wasn't bad. Just like the Hasbro Jango Fett. That's still not too bad to this day. Are any of these Sideshow or Hot Toys quality? Absolutely not, but they still have their merits here and there.

I got mine way back in 2001. I was 11 at the time, and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I could never get down with the modern 12" figures from Kenner and then Hasbro. Even before I knew about Medicom and Dragon (the big names early on) I could just never bring myself to buy them. I must have held the first Vader in my hands a dozen times trying to convince myself to buy it, but never did.

I did however buy the first Han Solo... it's pretty terrible, but for some reason it looked a bit better than the other figures to my eye. That's the only 12" I bought from those offerings, although later I've picked up a few of the non-human sculpted figures for custom projects.

Been a long while but I still watch this thread , the custom Vader was for a gentleman called Vader Al , in his words , he hasn't positioned the head down fully on its stub , so it's quarter of an inch too high and the chest box was out of position , whether this accounts for the visual 'offness' I cannot say . I understand any updates will be dealt with by Dr. Feelgood in the art section. Personally I'm on the fence about the new Vader from Sideshow , as I hear from G that some of the ANH ones have been tinkered with by owners and look very good.
Steph x

Ehh.. it's relative.

I loved Sebastian Shaw in the film - he conveyed the frailty of an old Anakin being supported by essentially an iron lung of sorts, trying to reach out to his son; his eyes & countenance showed that well IMO.

I get your point, but I don't think those factors were necessary in the end.

Well said...

So awhile back I sent a question to Sideshow about what pictures were representative of the Vader we could expect... mainly pointing out the bodysuit differences.

I've gotten two responses, both ignoring that question (even though it's clearly stated both times) and telling me about the 2 heads it comes with... I've given it a 3rd try, but I have a feeling I'm just getting some kind of form response and CS is not bothering to read my question :lol

So awhile back I sent a question to Sideshow about what pictures were representative of the Vader we could expect... mainly pointing out the bodysuit differences.

I've gotten two responses, both ignoring that question (even though it's clearly stated both times) and telling me about the 2 heads it comes with... I've given it a 3rd try, but I have a feeling I'm just getting some kind of form response and CS is not bothering to read my question :lol

Who are you addressing them to? SS CS in general or to specific people?

Who are you addressing them to? SS CS in general or to specific people?

Probably just general... I filled out some form. And 3rd try was closer, but still didn't get an answer.

So anybodies guess what the final figure will actually look like. Have to say I'm generally one of the more apologetic Sideshow fans, but this poorly handled Pre-Order, being nearly 2 years since Grievous was shown and no PO and the recent restrictions on retailers I'm getting a bit disappointed in the direction they seem to be headed.

Not to mention they are now around HT prices on their releases, but the quality has still not matched them.

I could never get down with the modern 12" figures from Kenner and then Hasbro. Even before I knew about Medicom and Dragon (the big names early on) I could just never bring myself to buy them. I must have held the first Vader in my hands a dozen times trying to convince myself to buy it, but never did.

I did however buy the first Han Solo... it's pretty terrible, but for some reason it looked a bit better than the other figures to my eye. That's the only 12" I bought from those offerings, although later I've picked up a few of the non-human sculpted figures for custom projects.

I also have the Han Solo... I keep it displayed, but it always has looked super off to me. I hope one day we will get a definitive one. I had purchased a few non-helmeted characters in the past. Now nearing 5 years later I am not the biggest fan of them. My favorite sideshow pieces are the ANH Vader, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett. To this day all of those look spectacular in the detolf.

Back