Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a long time since I was here. This was the first figure I've ordered from sideshow in a long, long time.

Haven't seen this mentioned...anyone know if the lightsaber lights up? :wink1:

Seriously though, I haven't seen this mentioned but, after scrutinizing these two images carefully, I think we may be looking at two different prototypes. Beside the aforementioned pants, the helmets look different (could just be the angle) and, in the top photo, there are two small metal bits on the chest armor, just below the neckline (almost look like staples to me) that aren't present in the bottom shot. Not sure what these are there for, maybe just to hold the armor in place?

100076_press04.jpg

100076_press06.jpg

Pre-Ordered at Monkey Depot, I ain't payin a $30 deposit... Plus with shipping came out to be $262.

That is mostly due to the edition size of TBD it seems like SSC is going to milk this figure for all its worth or at least up until release date.

As well they should. The only ones helped by making the figures in smaller numbers are the people who buy to resell at inflated prices. Hell if they can sell 20000 units make 20000+ and everyone will be happier, most of all Sideshow.

It would be very interesting to know how many HT Bespin Lukes have been made and sold. It's still widely available to draw more people in.

I didn't know how good Star Wars figures could look until I saw Bespin Luke in january this year. I had looked at the stormtroopers before but you can't get them unless you get lucky or pay three four times the original cost. After I got HT Luke I have bought six other figures.

Vader is one of the very few Sideshow figures I would ever think paying this much for (I think Grievous will be the only other one 'cause he ain't gonna be cheap either...if they ever decide to release him).

Vader is the pinnacle of iconic characters to me. Even if there are a few things that seem a bit 'off,' there's no way I'd pass on the exclusive... I don't care how many they make.

You forgetting about chewie! If and when he's released I'm betting $300. Hairy beast and all

That's a good price. Where are you? I'm in Norfolk Virginia USA and shipping for the EX was only $10.00.

Hillsborough, North Carolina. FedEx shipping was $12.68

Just put in cart and type in postal zip and get estimate. And don't worry estimate is exact as when ya order.

Last edited:
That is mostly due to the edition size of TBD it seems like SSC is going to milk this figure for all its worth or at least up until release date.

Edition size was changed from TBD to "limited edition" which from my undertanding means its an open ES now. So this thing is going to be available for a long time either as standard from retailers or exclusive from sideshow. As such I'm not rushing to get a second. Will get EX from SS and wait for a sale for the regular from a local etailer.

Has their ever been an open ES on an EX piece before?

Last edited:
Edition size was changed from TBD to "limited edition" which from my undertanding means its an open ES now. So this thing is going to be available for a long time either as standard from retailers or exclusive from sideshow. As such I'm not rushing to get a second. Will get EX from SS and wait for a sale for the regular from a local etailer.

Has their ever been an open ES on an EX piece before?

None that I can remember usually they just put TBD test the waters for interest and then go from there I haven't seen anything from them in the past were they just flat out said "we will make this till you wont buy it" not a terrible ideal with a character so loved.

Back