Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has updated his description. I only just noticed it so it's probably old news, but it supports what SideshowAlex has already written, plus giving the total number of hands:

The photo showing the hands was correct. They are mostly right hands.

sideshow-collectibles-darth-vader-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure-06.jpg

10 hands? Didn't the preview description say 12?

its directed at all the haters. just **** off already. your opinion doesnt mean anything... if the item was in hand... but all the hate on an item that has been on pre order for 24 hours is a joke. you *** clown haters need to seriously **** off ....

I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel your hate.

Kind of like people who "love" something too much before its in hand.

good. Bye.

why do people need to tell fans of this figure they arent buying it. do you think we give a horses *** if you are buying this? no we dont. get lost.

and this isnt directed at bloodgear, its directed at all the haters. just **** off already. your opinion doesnt mean anything to those of us who like this regardless of price or baggy suits or whatever detail you dont like. if the item was in hand, and there was issues thats one thing, you bought something and it sucks, so you can voice your opinion here. but all the hate on an item that has been on pre order for 24 hours is a joke. you *** clown haters need to seriously **** off and go somewhere where you can discuss items you like and are excited about.

Settle down? Confrontational? Courtesy? This is who I am. You haven't seen me wound up or confrontational. These are my thoughts. Just as some people choose to complain about the figure, I choose to complain about the complainers.

If you don't like my posts, just block me. I don't need you're holier than thou BS speech and it won't change my posting habits.

A large portion of the posts here are negative towards the figure which isn't even in hands. I want to read through the conversation and its mind numbing to sort through the garbage. So I added my two worthless cents. If you don't like it, tough. I have to read a ton of posts I hate too.

cookie.jpg

Settle down? Confrontational? Courtesy? This is who I am. You haven't seen me wound up or confrontational. These are my thoughts. Just as some people choose to complain about the figure, I choose to complain about the complainers.

If you don't like my posts, just block me. I don't need you're holier than thou BS speech and it won't change my posting habits.

A large portion of the posts here are negative towards the figure which isn't even in hands. I want to read through the conversation and its mind numbing to sort through the garbage. So I added my two worthless cents. If you don't like it, tough. I have to read a ton of posts I hate too.

:lol the irony is strong with this one

Weird. I consider that scene Vader's strongest moment.

Mentally maybe, physically no, I consider his strongest when he decides to throw the emperor off the side... My point was if I wanted to display Vader with no helm it would be at that scene, not an angry Vader that is only seen through an invisible helmet :rotfl but I don't..:peace

For myself, Vader in his most self-actualized moment is the scene on the Bespin gantry revealing himself to Luke and attempting to seduce him to the dark side. But that's Vader as Vader. As Anakin, I'd have a hard time deciding between his death and killing Palpatine.

You know where you are at, right? Going off like that, is not going to change anything, its the culture of this site. Just go with it.

good. Bye.

why do people need to tell fans of this figure they arent buying it. do you think we give a horses *** if you are buying this? no we dont. get lost.

and this isnt directed at bloodgear, its directed at all the haters. just **** off already. your opinion doesnt mean anything to those of us who like this regardless of price or baggy suits or whatever detail you dont like. if the item was in hand, and there was issues thats one thing, you bought something and it sucks, so you can voice your opinion here. but all the hate on an item that has been on pre order for 24 hours is a joke. you *** clown haters need to seriously **** off and go somewhere where you can discuss items you like and are excited about.

Take a deep breath man! You are quite new here, try to respect others, no matter if their opinion is different from yours. Some serenity in your life would make us happy too, since we won't need to read your angry posts anymore. Thank you.

For myself, Vader in his most self-actualized moment is the scene on the Bespin gantry revealing himself to Luke and attempting to seduce him to the dark side. But that's Vader as Vader. As Anakin, I'd have a hard time deciding between his death and killing Palpatine.

Exactly. For me OT Anakin is when he kills the Emperor. ESB Vader moment is the same on Bespin.

BTW don't remember, can the helmet be put over the Shaw head? Or you need to remove it like in the 1:1 bust?

Well, I've decided to pull the trigger and bought the ex...now I can finally complete my MC Hammer custom :yess:

null-14.jpg

I'm not especially interested in whether the sculpt represents Vader at his most vulnerable or not; but I was hoping that the sculpt would capture the moment that had so much impact on me as a kid: seeing the human face behind the mask for the first time. It was also Luke seeing his father's human face for the first time, which had particular resonance for me on a personal level.

BTW don't remember, can the helmet be put over the Shaw head?
Can't. Mask and dome are just accessories.

Wish we've got this instead:
The Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure features:
• Newly Developed Fully Articulated Darth Vader body
• Fabric body suit and cape
• Detailed armor and gloves
• Head with Helmet and Mask
• Detailed chest and belt boxes with light-up features
• Ten (10) Gloved hands for various gestures
• Lightsaber(s): Hilt Only and Hilt with Blade (light-up, cathode)
• Figure base
• Sideshow Exclusive: Severed Gauntlet and Hand

$190

BTW don't remember, can the helmet be put over the Shaw head? Or you need to remove it like in the 1:1 bust?

No, we get 3 heads. A complete one piece helmet, a one piece unmasked portrait with lower portion of mask and a separate face plate and dome to be either displayed together on the separate base or to be held in Vader's hands. I think they have internal detailing for that purpose and don't attach to the unmasked portrait.

If they were doing an environment I'd want the Bespin "I am your father" one but given this seems to have become just RotJ I can't see that happening.

Edit: Beaten to it by one of the guys who said they weren't interested :cuckoo:

Wish we've got this instead:

How would that be better? Singe multi-part helmet is better than a solid sculpt plus a detailed interior sculpt?

My medicom had the ablity to remove the mask etc but I never did. :)

Want that background.

Could totally live with out light up base and have it cheaper.

Can't. Mask and dome are just accessories.

No, we get 3 heads. A complete one piece helmet, a one piece unmasked portrait with lower portion of mask and a separate face plate and dome to be either displayed together on the separate base or to be held in Vader's hands. I think they have internal detailing for that purpose and don't attach to the unmasked portrait.

Thanks. :) Hoped to be in a way like Medicom, but SS already proved they are not able or not willing to do this with their 1:1 Shaw head. Not a big problem anyway - displayed Vader figure will have helmet on, maybe the loose helmet will be on stand, and Shaw head in its box. Anyway waiting to see if my EU shop has it and what price. Then I'll start saving. For God's sake I already have saved a lot of money for eFX Scout lid LOL, at least with SS the delays (if they occur) will not be so long like with eFX. ;)

Well they need to send the memo to the toy / statue companies they love to sculpt an angry dude rather then one struggling to breath :monkey1

That's a reveal portrait I'd LOVE to see on a sixth scale Vader:

Vader gasping for breath...complete with furrowed, eyebrowless bulging eyes.

Back