Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proof Harrison Ford is impossible to capture in this scale, from either SSC or HT - both have their issues; at least HT is to scale

I think it can be made... look at this "unleashed han solo" from HASBRO

sw03unlhansolofront.jpg

It's smaller than 1/6, but the sculp is great!

sw03unlhansolofront.jpg

I still have mine and even that pic does no justice.My favorite Unleashead figures in the collection though would have to be Han, EPIII Obi vs Ani and EPIII Yoda vs Palpatine...Boba looked nice but, i passed on it too many times and lost interest in the line.

sw03unlhansolofront.jpg

Still have mine but the rubbery ramp struts are bendy from the gravity and Solo keeps leaning to one side from the foot peg. The Unleashed were probably the best and most artistic figures Hasbro ever did. The line was really inspired. Miss it.

Posted this in the SS ANH Vader thread, but seeing as they are making the new one apparently with the same inaccuracies left in place, it seemed fitting to post it here too.

They definitely should have done a little more work on the helmet. What I basically did was widening the dome crown and tilting the whole thing so it sits lower in the back. Then I pulled up the upper inner eye sockets where they connect with the nose bridge. Make the whiskers under the cheeks larger, and changed the shape at the upper edge of the cheeks, to give the whole thing some curves. It's not perfect, but it's a better representation of the helmet.

These fixes, though won't make things 100% would make it so acceptable that it may even rival the Marmit helmet sculpt.

While widening the helmet does make it curvier and more correctly flared at the bottom, it seems you have stretched the top of the dome to make it look more squared off. I would suggest using the Hasbro dome as it looks much more accurate.

The Hasbro dome isn't too bad, but a bit too rounded at the crown, but better than my quick photoshop attempt from last night. Did a little tweaking to take away some of the squareness.

Also widened the chin vent to reflect the ESB look.

Last edited:
When is the pre-order for this supposed to be? Did I miss that announcement?

They haven't announced it yet. But I think most of us are assuming (based on info from SSC employees) that it will be either this month or sometime in December.

Back