Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Ssc vader and I wil be buying the new old as well. Why? It's vader people.

If there are enough improvements to the original design like:
Reveal helmet instead of changeout head
Ankle articulation
Wrist articulation
Light up saber? Like OT Obi
Ill most Likely get this in addition to the ANH as well.

I'm fine if they leave the wrists w/o articulation as long as there is a good assortment of hands that make up for that. I generally don't like the 2 part glove designs as they create an odd looking break at the wrist.

I do like my ANH version hands. I was thinking progress mostly. Especially with the improvements they've made on the new Obi. Also the glove hands on the medicom 2.0 look pretty decent. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do with this guy.

I never had a vader figure before, so i don't have the best frame of reference, but shouldn't wrist and ankle articulation be a given? I mean honestly, if they don't have these basic features.. it basically becomes a really expensive 80's toy.

I'd prefer wrist articulation for sure as posability is a little higher on the list for me vs screen acuracy. However, I can overlook this with switch out gloved hands; but no ankle articulation would be a disaster and a deal breaker for this collector!

I think this new one might have ankle articulation as that can be accomplished fairly easily with the design of the boot and shin pieces. But full wrist is difficult w/o making a 2 piece glove with an fabrick upper (wich can mean a mis-match look in materials) or a two piece hand and gaunlet which gives a break for the joint.

You still get a swivel joint on the ANH, and with the assortment of hands that seems sufficient IMO. I would like more ankle articulation though, not being able to be flat footed in every pose is a bit annoying given how big his feet are.

That's my feeling. ROTJ was always my favorite incarnation of Vader. If the head and helmet aren't right ill wait for HT.

Oh, sometime after the PO for Grievous - and when I PO these, I'll feel like the coolest person in the retirement home! :yess:

That's it's, let's call the mouse. If there's a buck to be made he will make it. I am only 90 minutes from the happiest place on earth (also the best place to pickup drugs in OC).

Back