Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And again:

17067_EEE_4_EBE_4_D72_9_DBA_1_E3_FA1596_EBF.jpg

From that angle it looks like supes is passing wind.....

Other than that I like him, the others are meh apart from WW's base. Also I'm guessing the joints will be gone from the final pieces as these are statues and not figures?

I still really love the WW and these photos only further convince me I'll buy her. Batman is nominally better in these photos...but still bad. Not a Superman fan or would consider that one too.

Love the animated series (Batman, Superman, JL, JLU, etc) ...but not sure if I want to buy this line.

The bats on Batman ‘s base are pretty cool. I like all three, I’m assuming the price will be crazy as per the new Sideshow policy?

The anxiety about price is certainly justified these days but I just can't imagine statues that basic being over $400. And even $400 is excessive. The Avengers Assemble Cap & Iron Man were $360 and I think that's a reasonable expectation for these.

If they're in the $450 range....come on. I would hope no one buys them to send a message.

The JSC Fairytale fantasy statues are $300 each, so picking one overpriced artist series Iron Man to mark the price at is pretty unreasonable. I could see these being more in line with those than the Iron Man.

Also, Nearmint (currently at SDCC) asked about the seam lines, and they said they will "probably not" be on the final versions. Hopefully that is true. I don't like the seams, but they aren't deal breakers either.

The JSC Fairytale fantasy statues are $300 each, so picking one overpriced artist series Iron Man to mark the price at is pretty unreasonable. I could see these being more in line with those than the Iron Man.

Also, Nearmint (currently at SDCC) asked about the seam lines, and they said they will "probably not" be on the final versions. Hopefully that is true. I don't like the seams, but they aren't deal breakers either.

The JSC line isn’t really a licensed line, just his interpretations on public domain characters

The JSC line isn’t really a licensed line, just his interpretations on public domain characters

So? The JSC are close to the same size as the DC, but a lot more detailed. They still have to pay JSC something for his interpretations even if the characters themselves are public domain. That puts the JSC price in the running just as much as the Iron Man $500+. Then just look to the Avengers 1/5 at an average of $360-420. All three price ranges could be possible.

Not trying to argue, but it seems more reasonable that they'll end up in the $300-$400 rather than $500+ range. We'll find out for sure in due time.

JSC Fairytale series: Artist's fee + 0 licensing fee = $300

Mark Brooks Spider-man series: Artist's fee + Licensing = more or less $400

Adi Granov Iron Man: Artist's fee + Licensing = $500+.

DC Animated: No specific artist attached but we don't know how much the license would cost so let's just wait and see :)

Not that I have seen. I even looked through all the photos SS provided and just lots of TBD on the tags.

If the DC Animated statues are more then $300 each, they're overpriced IMO, they've very simple statues...

So these are a tad bigger than Tweeterhead's 1:6 scale statues that run around $250.00?

Twetterhead runs $200-$300 but they're pretty detailed out including their bases, these animated DC statues are really simple looking... if your a fan of the animated shows I can see how they could be appealing but for me it's an easy pass...

So many cool characters to make. With BMAS, SMAS, JL, JLU, they used just most of the characters D.C. has in the catalog.
you want Clayface, Joker, Vandal, Toyman, Shade, Giganta, Weather Wiz., Captain Boomerang, Grodd, Shadow King, Manbat
Bizzaro and so on, too many to name. We got thank Bruce Timm he did an awesome job with these shows.

Attachments

• Brainiac(STAS).jpg
    Brainiac(STAS).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 121
  • met.jpg
    met.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 116
  • vam.jpg
    vam.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 116
  • batmanmr.jpg
    batmanmr.jpg