Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is up with this artwork? Neither the font (outside the Animated Series Collection) nor the Bat-signal match up with the show. It's nitpicking, but why do some companies feel the need to do their own minor re-interpretations of properties where the collectors want faithful recreations of the show's designs?

Is it possible that it's down to licensing issues?

Is it possible that it's down to licensing issues?

That would be odd. Diamond Select and DC Collectibles sure don't have a problem using the right fonts and artwork.

Just saw the Superman for the first time. Very annoying they take the Bruce Timm style as a starting point and feel the need to "improve" upon his designs by reworking the eyes, etc.

I don't like the WW statue, doesn't come close to looking like the tv version. The Superman one I like, except the seam. I have to see the base for the Batman statue before I make a judgement. This weekend is the SDCC, do you think there's a chance all three will be on displayed ?

Isnt it from the wonder woman animated movie?

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway I do not like that Sideshow is changing everything by "artistic" choice. Also I am not really buying Sideshow anymore cause of their ****** quality. There are much better companies out there. Sideshow is nowhere near them today. They are worst than average right now with overpriced items which have usually serious quality problems...so no big loss.

Lol these "artistic choices" are not a matter of artist, but license. You dislike it, go and tell DC. But funny thing is, that Batman cant be modern by SS; but who cares about XM Batman samurai or P1 viking and stuff.

Lol these "artistic choices" are not a matter of artist, but license. You dislike it, go and tell DC. But funny thing is, that Batman cant be modern by SS; but who cares about XM Batman samurai or P1 viking and stuff.

If I see something labeled "samurai Batman" then I expect a samurai Batman. If I see something labeled "animated Batman" then I expect them to make an animated Batman, not their interpretation of that character. Same goes with all of their comic book statues that are just made up costumes that have never appeared in the comics. Maybe Sideshow needs to rename their lines to "Sideshow-ified Comic Book Statues" so people stop expecting comic book accurate characters.

Isnt it from the wonder woman animated movie?

View attachment 418114

Anyway I do not like that Sideshow is changing everything by "artistic" choice. Also I am not really buying Sideshow anymore cause of their ****** quality. There are much better companies out there. Sideshow is nowhere near them today. They are worst than average right now with overpriced items which have usually serious quality problems...so no big loss.

The statue is based on the animated series

Sideshow taking an L on this line. I don’t understand how they could screw these up so badly. The designs for BTAS are so simple I figured they’d jump at the chance to basically print money with this line. Whatever. When a company finally puts together a nice 1/6 statue line of these they’ll get my money. Until then I’m passing HARD on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow taking an L on this line. I don’t understand how they could screw these up so badly. The designs for BTAS are so simple I figured they’d jump at the chance to basically print money with this line. Whatever. When a company finally puts together a nice 1/6 statue line of these they’ll get my money. Until then I’m passing HARD on these.

The Mondo 1/6 figures are more faithful than this line

Back