1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more Boba.

PwnDVbI.jpg

lUDnfj6.jpg

Good shots, Koruptdata...appreciate it.

I have v1...and these pictures are selling me on v2....the most noticeable (welcome) change I'm seeing in these shots are the arms (better proportioned and the way the chest armor sits (not so boxy). As JCFETT pointed out, tailoring was not an issue with the first one (agree) and it looks just fine here.

The "weathering" on v2's flight suit doesn't look as intense or dark on the lower legs as v1

I've got HT's on order...and some great "in-hand" shot have turned up of it...the helmet deco looks a little overdone on it, but it still looks good.

Very tempted by this one too...

What does he have stuffed in those pockets? And I mean Stuffed. They are so full. I have v1 and always think about trying to do something about them.

What does he have stuffed in those pockets? And I mean Stuffed. They are so full. I have v1 and always think about trying to do something about them.

Credits? Without having seen what you are specifically referring to I will say stuffed/boxy looking pouches/pockets are accurate. Why would you want to change that?

Credits? Without having seen what you are specifically referring to I will say stuffed/boxy looking pouches/pockets are accurate. Why would you want to change that?

Because they just don't look very good. They stand out from his thighs in an awkward way... The upper ones by his belt look screen accurate I guess but the ones actually on his legs look too stuffed.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Executor-03.jpg

Not sure if I should replace my v1 or keep them both. What are you guys doing?

Not sure if I should replace my v1 or keep them both. What are you guys doing?

I've got the v1 as well, but have just decided to keep it and fix it up instead. Although honestly just putting it on a new body (and dumping that awful Sideshow body of theirs) already seems to improve the look about a thousand percent.

Is this version supposed to come with two bases or just one? There was only 1 in my box, the tall one for flight mode, but if I want him standing how do I remove the flight part?

Its ok worked it out. Very clever the shorter pole is stored inside the longer pole for the base. Very smart.

Why? We must be getting close to HT ESB Fett... Hoth Leia, Snowtrooper, Yoda...

I dunno dude, I find it suspicious SSC ESB Fett re-released right around time of HT ROTJ Fett... and their helmets are suspiciously exactly the same as fare as shape and design goes. If HT's ROTJ helmet was dramatically improved upon (which it could have been) I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night knowing how bad the SSC ESB looks standing next to him.. but the truth is, they look pretty darn identical. Elongated T-Visor, same motorcycle-ish helmet shape, as if they reused the mold. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a joint effort and he doesn't come.... not to say I don't want a new and improved ESB, but not much to improve on other than some tones of green, but really it's just about the helmet itself in which would in the end negate their ROTJ previous release. Double edge sword. If they re-release an ESB Fett same helmet style with improved colors, yeah it would be a purchase for me, lol but that's cuz I have problems. Anyways nice talking with you you're a good listener.

:lol

Only HT will get the ESB Fett right. Slanted helmet and all. ESB helmet much better than ROTJ helmet. I say you wait. Save $200.

Everyone always says "how will HT improve upon (the snowtrooper, the Emperor, Yoda, etc, etc)?"... and yet they always do. And it brings out in just how many ways the old Sideshow stuff is just so wrong. You may not see it now, but you will.

Just trying to save you some money and some time.

I'm no Fettxpert by any means but my only gripe about SSC Boba is the lack of triangles indented above the rim of his visor. Other than judging by pics alone since I don't own either HT or SSC Boba, I think both figures are pretty sweet.

Back