1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic, sithgorilla, but that plain black stand looks like crap compared to the original release's stand.

At the very least, I would try to pick up a loose Hot Toys Star Wars "grate" stand, as it would look a 100% better.

So the medicom stands get a pass, but the Sideshow one needs an immediate upgrade? LOL, Upgrade them all.....

I've been wondering why Sideshow placed the SW logo on the bottom of these new stands?

So the medicom stands get a pass, but the Sideshow one needs an immediate upgrade? LOL, Upgrade them all.....

I've been wondering why Sideshow placed the SW logo on the bottom of these new stands?

I would definitely upgrade them all, but since his Boba figure was the main point of discussion, I referenced that stand in particular.

But now that you brought up the medicom stands, they do at least tend to be less intrusive to the display, being clear plastic and significantly smaller than that black SC stand. (I would still replace them...) :wink1:

Quick set up of my Boba. I dig him.
41fa86a52608c973e697a9b71d8fa1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the aquisition. Color looks good. Have the first release, no need to replace. Will rather wait for Hot Toys ROTJ Fett. Can you take pics of the figure just standing straight forward to see if they did any improvements to vest.

Nice pic, sithgorilla, but that plain black stand looks like crap compared to the original release's stand.

At the very least, I would try to pick up a loose Hot Toys Star Wars "grate" stand, as it would look a 100% better.

I actually have to get a clear stand for him like I have for the other figures.

Congrats on the aquisition. Color looks good. Have the first release, no need to replace. Will rather wait for Hot Toys ROTJ Fett. Can you take pics of the figure just standing straight forward to see if they did any improvements to vest.

I will do that. I actually changed his pose also. Will get pics later.

Just ordered this using $60 in rewards points. I don't own a Boba and these pics look great.

I still have the old boba excl in the box from close to it's initial release. Need to release him from his box prison. Don't have the new Boba though.

Yeah, the vest still looks boxy. That is why I got rid of the first one in the first place.

Surely that was one of the main complaints on the first one.

Lets jump into this head first - here are the differences in this release compared to the initial:

>Jumpsuit pattern was altered
>Jumpsuit color was altered
>Vest and neck sleeve material is different
>Belly plate was adjusted
>Chest plate connection anchor was changed
>Chest emblem was adjusted
>Glove deco was adjusted
>Braid fabric was adjusted
>Gauntlets and backpack were given slight deco adjustments in the weathering chipping
>Rocket on backpack was changed
>Deco on rifle butt was adjusted
>Cape/serape tattered edge was adjusted, stitch line across the cape was added
>Adjusted the silver paint used throughout the figure
>Hex stand with flight attachment was added
>New packaging

Other changes from initial:
>Does not include the illuminated carbon chamber base
>Action feet not included
>Less hands included

Hope this helps clarify and alleviate any speculation on the changes implemented.

The only complaint I have about this figure is that rifle butt is too long. Not really possible to get him into a proper aiming pose.

Never seen this before. Don't wish to nit pick but he looks too green to me! ESB Fett was always kind of green/ blue in my eyes.

What I really want is a Fett who looks exactly like the Fett in that photo with Lando and Vader from the Donald F Glut novelisation.

Looks like very few will actually get this. Understandable since the Hot Toys one will most likely be superior.

Looks like very few will actually get this. Understandable since the Hot Toys one will most likely be superior.

It's an unimaginative voice for a rerelease - 'oh, Fett always sells'. Sideshow could find a niche for themselves by rereleasing the stuff HT won't do.

Lets jump into this head first - here are the differences in this release compared to the initial:

>Jumpsuit pattern was altered
>Jumpsuit color was altered
>Vest and neck sleeve material is different
>Belly plate was adjusted
>Chest plate connection anchor was changed
>Chest emblem was adjusted
>Glove deco was adjusted
>Braid fabric was adjusted
>Gauntlets and backpack were given slight deco adjustments in the weathering chipping
>Rocket on backpack was changed
>Deco on rifle butt was adjusted
>Cape/serape tattered edge was adjusted, stitch line across the cape was added
>Adjusted the silver paint used throughout the figure
>Hex stand with flight attachment was added
>New packaging

Other changes from initial:
>Does not include the illuminated carbon chamber base
>Action feet not included
>Less hands included

Hope this helps clarify and alleviate any speculation on the changes implemented.

Thanks for clarifying. :clap

The key problem to me on the original release - more obvious than the "boxy vest" we heard so much about - was the green deco used on the chest armor and helmet which seemed way too green (in the direction of a "Kermit green") - a long way from Silentsurfer's proto paint. That helmet/chest armor deco doesn't seem to be listed as a change on the new figure, though it seems from the limited in-hand pics I've seen it might have been slightly tweaked.

Changes that made a visible improvement to me for this release:

>Glove deco adjust
>Braids adjust
>jumpsuit color alteration
>new packaging

Changes that were maybe not a great choice:

>cutting the illuminated carbon chamber base (probably was $$ to include, but it really added a LOT to the release)

Yeah Im working on it. Me and my friend have been busy with work and stuff.

I hes off tuesday and im off tuesday ao im gonna go over his place and get some pics!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Still gonna share you and your buddy's comparison? We really need it here.

Thanks for clarifying. :clap

The key problem to me on the original release - more obvious than the "boxy vest" we heard so much about - was the green deco used on the chest armor and helmet which seemed way too green (in the direction of a "Kermit green") - a long way from Silentsurfer's proto paint. That helmet/chest armor deco doesn't seem to be listed as a change on the new figure, though it seems from the limited in-hand pics I've seen it might have been slightly tweaked.

Changes that made a visible improvement to me for this release:

>Glove deco adjust
>Braids adjust
>jumpsuit color alteration
>new packaging

Changes that were maybe not a great choice:

>cutting the illuminated carbon chamber base (probably was $$ to include, but it really added a LOT to the release)

The carbon base was not cut for money. It was not included along with some other components to assist in further differentiating the two releases and not confusing the market. Personally I think there are some things that need to be left only for the original release so that the initial release version retains some aspects that keep it special to those who invested in the first figure and allows that release to maintain an aspect of being the original.

I wish we could see some more in-hand pics of this V2 Boba - hopefully the side-by-side comparison pic happens soon too..

Back